5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got my new truck

cash4trash

Reaction score
Hey All, Just joined the forum a few days ago. Had a RAM before, it was a 2007 Mega Cab 6.7 diesel. It was great for about 9 mos, then the issues started. First, DPF, then turbo, then complete exhaust and then everything all over again. To make a long story short, I lemon law'd the truck and got a toyota. I was happy with the truck, but not much towing capacity, and been thinking about a new truck. Drove it 8 years, and it went to a happy new owner.

So, it's either RAM or Denali..... The interior and the comfortable drive sold me. 2019 Limited it is!!!! I bought it tuesday night, and it was already a great deal at 54K, but I got another 2,500 off :D... Truck is Maximum Steel, with the 6'4" bed.... Will get some pics up soon !!
Chris

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! Enjoy your new Ram. I'll look forward to seeing the pictures. Maximum Steel is a great color. (y)

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

cash4trash

Reaction score
(y)

Be aware that the mileage during break-in is atrocious, but it does improve in a few thousand miles.
Thanks Richard, I've only put about a hundred miles on it so far. I think my tacoma probably got less mileage per gallon, well, that's what the sticker says anyways. lol

cash4trash

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Im in my very first Ram, coming from a lifetime of GM vehicles.
Yep, I've usually had a GM or toyota myself. Loved that 07 Mega Cab, but couldn't keep it outta the shop. Hoping the build quality has improved, the darn thing sure looks better than my 07.. Chris

cash4trash

Reaction score
Welcome! Enjoy your new Ram. I'll look forward to seeing the pictures. Maximum Steel is a great color. (y)
Thanks DR... They also had a red, which I liked as well. This was the only 2019 with the 6'4" bed, and that's what sold me ;D

cash4trash

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Ram!

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf
Thanks Patsy! Free money is always good. Well, it'll be spent on something for the truck or the boat. lol..... Chris

Users who are viewing this thread