5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TFL: Read This Before You Buy the 2019 Ram 1500 Hybrid: eTorque Expert Buyer’s Review (Video)

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
He doesn't seem super excited about it...they never really seem to be rooting for the 5th gens

imadogman

Reaction score
He makes an incorrect statement regarding the e torque pricing. It is not a $1995 upgrade. On the Ram configurator, it is an $800 upgrade from the 5.7L @$1195.
There is some confusion about the actual price. Dealer ordering apparently has the price increase from $1195 to $2645 for a $1450 price increase.
Most of the etorque monroney sheets that I have seen, show it priced at $1995 ($800 over 5.7L price)

Last edited:

Rustydodge

Reaction score
The article has a click-bait title. If it was just another 2019 Ram review it would not get much traction. Throw in the eTorque and more clicks.

Most of the video was general longhorn stuff as well. One of the more frustrating articles TFL has posted. Very little etorque information, and what they did provide was incorrect. Asking them to clarify in the comments, which should lead to an article correction.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
The article has a click-bait title. If it was just another 2019 Ram review it would not get much traction. Throw in the eTorque and more clicks.

I would have liked to see more on regenerative braking performance/feel compared vs non etorque.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the video was general longhorn stuff as well. One of the more frustrating articles TFL has posted. Very little etorque information, and what they did provide was incorrect. Asking them to clarify in the comments, which should lead to an article correction.

TFL is usually pretty good, I like the guys over there. I'm sure they'll correct what needs to be done. I'm sure they will also have more in depth eTorque stuff shortly.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I hope they redeem theirselves with the Rebel review too, and take it some where other than snow. If you saw the one where they got it and the 2nd gen to show that you can't go uphill in deep snow.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I hope they redeem theirselves with the Rebel review too, and take it some where other than snow. If you saw the one where they got it and the 2nd gen to show that you can't go uphill in deep snow.

Did you see TFLs longer review, where they picked a new rebel up and road tripped up to Moab and did some offroading? I enjoyed that one, but i dont think they ever did an article with that video.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you see TFLs longer review, where they picked a new rebel up and road tripped up to Moab and did some offroading? I enjoyed that one, but i dont think they ever did an article with that video.
Yes I did see that one. They seemed real impressed with the Rebel, which is why I don't understand the video where they took it up the snow path. They left it like they were going to expand the test and never did.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He doesn't seem super excited about it...they never really seem to be rooting for the 5th gens

I dunno, I think Andre is almost unfailingly the one who roots for the Rams over at TFL Truck. He said a lot of complimentary things about the 20109 Laramie he drove, although he was lukewarm on the eTorque performance. But is that on Andre, or is that on Ram?

I'm starting to get the impression from a few different sources that the eTorque isn't making much of an impression anywhere.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm surprised Ram hasn't done any press events for the Etorque. All we've scene so far are journalist having to barrow one from a dealer to do a test drive.

I think Andre usually does some good reviews, Roman seems to be more of a Ford guy.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm surprised Ram hasn't done any press events for the Etorque. All we've scene so far are journalist having to barrow one from a dealer to do a test drive.

Soon. They've just been waiting for both eTorque engines to be available I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread