5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have a suggestion for the damn red light and speed cameras !!!!!!!

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Into NYC from NJ is $15.00 cash or 10.50-12.50 for EZ Pass depending on time. One way toll, no toll from NYC to NJ. Daily commuters and Staten Island residents get discounts.

Verrazano most expensive in US:
$19.00 (one way), goes towards the 1 out of 5 that do not pay for the bus. I have no data on subway turnstile jumpers.
Comrade DeBlasio is pleased as it is his constituents that are not paying.
I have a buddy (lives in Brooklyn) whose daughter was dating a guy in NJ. I think the trip was similar to yours at $30 a pop.

Do you bring your Ram into NYC? If you do where do you park? Car parking is difficult, truck?????????
No I would never take this truck to NYC. Parking is a nightmare for small vehicles let alone this giant.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No I would never take this truck to NYC. Parking is a nightmare for small vehicles let alone this giant.
If I go into Manhattan by myself it is with my "feet" or my motorcycle. Motorcycle in Manhattan is a challenge depending on time and place and I would not use it as a daily mode of transportation. The Ram is great and I love the comfort but it is tough if is your only vehicle and live and have to drive/park in NYC.

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
Know the speed at which the camera is triggered and stay below that speed.

I have a camera on a 3 lane stretch of road 3 blocks from my house. Posted speed is 35. Everyone brakes down to 25. Pisses me off every time. Idiots slamming on brakes to go 10 MPH below the limit??!??

Most dont know that they won't get ticketed till 12 mph over or 47 mph.

jasonjm

Reaction score
Live Brooklyn NY The worst mayor ever continues to install these damn cameras everywhere. License plate covers are illegal since all bridges and tunnel tolls are fully autonomous., and risky to use them.

leave NY?

csm41

Reaction score
I am surprised anybody even pays these unconstitutional photo tickets. Unless sent by some type of registered mail, they can't prove you even get the ticket. I got one and ignored it, got a reminder 60 days later, ignored it and NOTHING happened.

Lungs414

Reaction score
Know the speed at which the camera is triggered and stay below that speed.

I have a camera on a 3 lane stretch of road 3 blocks from my house. Posted speed is 35. Everyone brakes down to 25. Pisses me off every time. Idiots slamming on brakes to go 10 MPH below the limit??!??

Most dont know that they won't get ticketed till 12 mph over or 47 mph.
I hear you, the part that sucks is you find out about them after getting a ticket. The new cameras that is.

Carlb

Reaction score
One of my friends got a custom plate with all O's 0's and D's. Was virtually unreadable. He got pulled over a couple of times but told the officer that the DMV sold it to him so to discuss it with them, and no citations. Might be more hassle than it is worth , but an option maybe.

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
I hear you, the part that sucks is you find out about them after getting a ticket. The new cameras that is.

Thats why I try to stay within 10mph of the posted speed on ANY road unless I know it VERY well.

Users who are viewing this thread