5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About to buy my first full-size truck

Skidowntown

Reaction score
So I’m in my upper 40’s and finally gonna get a truck

I’m leaning toward the RAM partially because they are the only manufacturer from the Big 3 that provides more of the luxury features with a bench seating for six.

Neither Ford or Chevy give you as many options in this seating configuration, which is annoying. Even Ram, doesn’t let you get everything, but they give the most.

Anyway, I was wondering if I canget the Projector LED headlamps with the Laramie?

they appear standard with the Limited and Longhorn but hoping I can get them in the Laramie.

Thank you!!!

OtterRam

Reaction score
I was hoping for a bench seat, sadly I'm apparently too wide to sit in the ram front drivers seat with the bench configuration.

Seriously who thought that was a good design?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Rowan611

Reaction score
I was hoping for a bench seat, sadly I'm apparently too wide to sit in the ram front drivers seat with the bench configuration.

How does this answer the OPs question? I get the frustration, but seems like a needless post

To the OP. As far as I’m aware, to get the Projector LEDS, you gotta step up. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I have the cloth bench and I am very happy with my comfort level, center console and adaptability for a 6th passenger. But the bench is not a true bench seat as the consoles can be swapped out from the bucket to the bench and vice a versa. Sorry for your situation and seems that there should be an option. Any thing available aftermarket? Even the Tradesman is a 40 20 40 seat. Good old days - if you are 5' tall you could sleep in the front seat of my 78 Ford F150 front seat comfortably.

RJS

Reaction score
Are you interested in the looks of the projector headlights or is the light output of the lower trim sufficient for night time driving. I bought a 19 Laramie gussied up with most of the options as I liked the overall looks better and at night I find the headlights way better than the older models and great for night time driving. I will admit I like the style of the Limited lights but not enough to spend for one or put up with other things I don't like as well as the Laramie.

Take them both for a ride at night from the dealer and see if the juice is worth the squeezing on light performance, Then chose.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I’m in my upper 40’s and finally gonna get a truck

I’m leaning toward the RAM partially because they are the only manufacturer from the Big 3 that provides more of the luxury features with a bench seating for six.

Neither Ford or Chevy give you as many options in this seating configuration, which is annoying. Even Ram, doesn’t let you get everything, but they give the most.

Anyway, I was wondering if I canget the Projector LED headlamps with the Laramie?

they appear standard with the Limited and Longhorn but hoping I can get them in the Laramie.

Thank you!!!
As @Rowan611 wrote, the bi-LED projectors are only in the Longhorn and Limited. At least one forum member has done a swap for their Laramie, but this requires swapping the grille assembly as well.

Since the Laramie comes with the midrange LEDs already, it may not be worth switching.

flynfish

Reaction score
My Laramie LEDs are w bright, not sure how an upgrade would improve them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread