5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have a suggestion for the damn red light and speed cameras !!!!!!!

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
use the WAZE app most of the camera's and cops with radar are tagged as well as other road hazards

Lungs414

Reaction score
Waze in brooklyn stopped allowing me to update for speed cameras and red light cameras. I heard NY was trying to make it illegal. May have succeeded

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Waze in brooklyn stopped allowing me to update for speed cameras and red light cameras. I heard NY was trying to make it illegal. May have succeeded
NYC - if not red light camera, if not speed camera, still have bus lane ($115) and Mayor DeBozo's Vision Zero initiative Pedestrian Walkway ($165).
Received a notice in mail I did not pay a summons for blocking a pedestrian walkway. No ticket on car because I never park blocking a pedestrian walkway. My take is Traffic Enforcement wrote bogus ticket (did not attach the ticket to the car or attach appropriately) and got "browny points" for the mayor's program. Fought the ticket in front of a guy that looked like Jabba the Hut. Life got in the way of taking it to the next appeal.
My apology to Bozo - even that is too good for NYC Mayor zero and his six hundred million dollar "where did the money" go wife.

Lungs414

Reaction score
NYC - if not red light camera, if not speed camera, still have bus lane ($115) and Mayor DeBozo's Vision Zero initiative Pedestrian Walkway ($165).
Received a notice in mail I did not pay a summons for blocking a pedestrian walkway. No ticket on car because I never park blocking a pedestrian walkway. My take is Traffic Enforcement wrote bogus ticket (did not attach the ticket to the car or attach appropriately) and got "browny points" for the mayor's program. Fought the ticket in front of a guy that looked like Jabba the Hut. Life got in the way of taking it to the next appeal.
My apology to Bozo - even that is too good for NYC Mayor zero and his six hundred million dollar "where did the money" go wife.
Couldn't agree more. They even have cameras on buses. God forbid you are dropping someone off or picking up someone at bus stop.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
big brother at its finest. pretty soon it will be electric cars inside the city ONLY or maybe they will start telling the lemmings what size drink you can buy?? Oh thats right they did that already!!

Lungs414

Reaction score
big brother at its finest. pretty soon it will be electric cars inside the city ONLY or maybe they will start telling the lemmings what size drink you can buy?? Oh thats right they did that already!!
That was Bloomberg. Good things he’s not running…. Oh wait forget that

Ram_Feste

Reaction score
Well I am thrilled and kind of bummed that I won't need to borrow a tank and run over all of the posted cameras around Dallas and other areas of Texas for that matter (has been a bit of a daydream of mine to do so) as the red light cameras have been deemed illegal and thus shut down - though some cities/municipalities still have some active https://guides.sll.texas.gov/recording-laws/red-light-cameras, but would be easy enough I think to get out of a ticket due to the precedent.

Lungs414

Reaction score
I wish there was a way to make them illegal everywhere. If illegal there then why no there, etc. Also it would at least be fair that signs are posted that they are in use.

Ram_Feste

Reaction score
I wish there was a way to make them illegal everywhere. If illegal there then why no there, etc. Also it would at least be fair that signs are posted that they are in use.

I would imagine that it's not far off, the gist of the ruling of that it being illegal is that the studies have shown that the intersections are no safer than not having them, so its strictly a money maker for the city/police depts. I would contact your govnt representatives and let them know, only pressure will change it.

Mikey05g35

Reaction score
Oh man how i know the feeling living in queens and driving down woodhaven blvd. Bus lane tickets, speed tickets, school zone speed camera mounted in a little unmanned white ford transit parked legally on the side of the road. Its crazy

Captain Stack

Reaction score
They are already illegal everywhere as per the Constitution, we just have to start enforcing it. As individuals we have the responsibility to conduct our own business as in government BY the people. We have allowed our government to take over our responsibilities to each other. The 4th, 5th and 6th amendments give us the right to face our accuser and determine the nature and cause of any action taken against us. These government usurpers all take "oaths" to uphold the Constitution, then quickly proceed to breaking it.

Lungs414

Reaction score
Oh man how i know the feeling living in queens and driving down woodhaven blvd. Bus lane tickets, speed tickets, school zone speed camera mounted in a little unmanned white ford transit parked legally on the side of the road. Its crazy
The one in the van got me. 36MPH, suspiciously 1 MPH over the limit. I just ordered a plate cover to obscure it. The problem here like I stated before is new ones pop up all the time. Even though not legal to cover the plate it's worth the risk, until I get a ticket or 2 for that.

Glenn54

Reaction score
I'm sure there are other states, but no way in heck I'd live in New York or California. If I were you, I'd plan on moving. Problem solved.

Jako

Reaction score
The one in the van got me. 36MPH, suspiciously 1 MPH over the limit. I just ordered a plate cover to obscure it. The problem here like I stated before is new ones pop up all the time. Even though not legal to cover the plate it's worth the risk, until I get a ticket or 2 for that.
If you use plate cover don't park on street, Traffic Enforcement will bang you. My dad got nailed when his driveway was done over. He lived on a dead end street. I witnessed them hit the block at 7:20 AM and 5 PM the same day.
$65 fine based on link below. The link goes into more detail about the number issued.

Jako

Reaction score
I'm sure there are other states, but no way in heck I'd live in New York or California. If I were you, I'd plan on moving. Problem solved.
NYC has a population of over 8 million people. It has a lot to offer with a corresponding price tag. The problem is the price tag keeps going up. Plenty of people moving out. Governor Cuomo blames it on the weather (total BS). I don't know why people would move to Pennsylvania for a change in the weather as an example. Some people have no choice but to move as housing costs are unaffordable. In NYC there is a 2% transfer tax when buying a house and I believe a 1.8 - 2.01% mortgage tax. The NY politicians (Democrats for the most part) are great at finding places to put taxes or fees. My phone bill has a (Metropolitan Transportation Authority) MTA tax, while 1 in 5 don't pay for the bus.
The problem as I see it is best represented by the quotes below. We shouldn't fear government (aka Traffic Enforcement, Building Department, Police Department and so forth)

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand

“Since this is an era when many people are concerned about 'fairness' and 'social justice,' what is your 'fair share' of what someone else has worked for?” Thomas Sowell
― Thomas Sowell

Lize

Reaction score
And the "reason" behind it is not safety. JUST ANOTHER TAX.
Same in UK with zero tolerance so have to be confident speedometer is correct or drive few mph under. We have mobile units that pop up anytime at random locations. They can be in vans, cars or hand held.

I looked at detectors but they all need line of sight to be effective and as they are always located round a corner then you’ve seen it and already got the ticket as it alerts.

We get fine and points on licence, usually 3 points which last 4 years and more than 9 points and licence is suspended and no driving.

Just read this article, thought it was quite interesting how it differs across states:
Moving to Montana seems the best bet, I may give that a bit of thought.

ramhead

Reaction score
If you use plate cover don't park on street, Traffic Enforcement will bang you. My dad got nailed when his driveway was done over. He lived on a dead end street. I witnessed them hit the block at 7:20 AM and 5 PM the same day.
$65 fine based on link below. The link goes into more detail about the number issued.

A possible solution for that is to maybe DIY a removable plate cover....attached with either velcro or a magnetic strip to attach to a metal plate frame. Fortunately I don't live in an area with these Big Brother cameras (yet!).

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a big problem with states that charge tolls on US interstates. They get federal funding to maintain roads but still charge tolls. Tolls are taxes and tolls are one of the most common ways of class discrimination. The northeast is so full of roads with tolls its ridiculous. I think it costs about $30 for me to drive from where I am in PA to NYC let alone what you have to pay to park once you get there! I call the PA turnpike the PA Tax pike!

Jako

Reaction score
I have a big problem with states that charge tolls on US interstates. They get federal funding to maintain roads but still charge tolls. Tolls are taxes and tolls are one of the most common ways of class discrimination. The northeast is so full of roads with tolls its ridiculous. I think it costs about $30 for me to drive from where I am in PA to NYC let alone what you have to pay to park once you get there! I call the PA turnpike the PA Tax pike!
Into NYC from NJ is $15.00 cash or 10.50-12.50 for EZ Pass depending on time. One way toll, no toll from NYC to NJ. Daily commuters and Staten Island residents get discounts.

Verrazano most expensive in US:
$19.00 (one way), goes towards the 1 out of 5 that do not pay for the bus. I have no data on subway turnstile jumpers.
Comrade DeBlasio is pleased as it is his constituents that are not paying.
I have a buddy (lives in Brooklyn) whose daughter was dating a guy in NJ. I think the trip was similar to yours at $30 a pop.

Do you bring your Ram into NYC? If you do where do you park? Car parking is difficult, truck?????????

Users who are viewing this thread