5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for advice on two options - sunroof and e-Torque

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you shy away from options because they might break, you should buy a bicycle. Generalizing sunroofs saying they rattle and leak is like generalizing an engine for leaks, noise and will blow up. You can find someone that has failure, breakage of virtually every part of any vehicle.
There are thousands of owners with sunroofs that never have problems. E-torque, I have it no problems but I don't think I would buy it at the current price. I got mine right when it was rolled out at a way cheaper price.

tdager

Reaction score
I would always pick the sunroof. Adds a certain airyness and brightness to the interior when the shade or glass is open you'll never get otherwise. The exploding sunroofs are pretty rare... I've never heard of or seen it in person.

Also, in northern climates having the screen open allows a LOT of sun to stream into the truck and an keep it decently warm even when it is 40 degrees or below out.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tot
Also, in northern climates having the screen open allows a LOT of sun to stream into the truck and an keep it decently warm even when it is 40 degrees or below out.
I totally agree. I never even open it but can’t live without it for the light it brings into the cab. It’s sweet!

MattF

Reaction score
On reflection my only regret when I ordered my MY19 Laramie was not ordering the sunroof. Big mistake. I also didn't chose the e-torque - for me too complex for little gain. The ROI seems impossible to achieve.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/