5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, where’s all the trucks with 4” lift?

bbbeeennnjjjeee

Reaction score
So it’s a 5” lift over a stock truck without the off-road package. That seems to be perfect. I saw the pics in the other thread. Truck looks good. 35s seem to fit pretty well on it.
Couldn't speak to what it is without the ORP. 35s fit well but if I could do it again I'd do a less agressive offset to keep some of the trimming down. For reference I have 20x10 -25 wheels. I might do a -18 or -12 if I could do it again.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Couldn't speak to what it is without the ORP. 35s fit well but if I could do it again I'd do a less agressive offset to keep some of the trimming down. For reference I have 20x10 -25 wheels. I might do a -18 or -12 if I could do it again.
The off-road package adds 1” all the way around in the form of longer springs compared to a non off-road package truck. 4” from the lift plus the 1” from the longer springs would make it 5” total. I was waiting to see what that looked like.
I have wheels with the same specs as you and am still debating 4, 5, or 6” lift.

bbbeeennnjjjeee

Reaction score
The off-road package adds 1” all the way around in the form of longer springs compared to a non off-road package truck. 4” from the lift plus the 1” from the longer springs would make it 5” total. I was waiting to see what that looked like.
I have wheels with the same specs as you and am still debating 4, 5, or 6” lift.
Then yours will just have more rake but be the same height in the back. BDS kit replaces the rear springs.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Turning down the coilovers might work for you, but I think it will be hard to get a noticeable difference from that without causing the ride too soft/mushy. But you can at least experiment around with that on the front without spending any money.

@RamSco haha. I don’t think it looks bad, but he’s been talking about lowering for a bit. I think it will be more proportional at ~4.5”. Or stick some 12 wides on it and embrace the height? :D

pber1

Reaction score
Looking at my stance, I'm not sure it'll be worth all the effort you'd have to go through to drop two inches. That said, I can fit in garages with an 8 foot door.

View attachment 38026
Looking at my stance, I'm not sure it'll be worth all the effort you'd have to go through to drop two inches. That said, I can fit in garages with an 8 foot door.

View attachment 38026
That’s perfect!!! Yeah I think it would be a pain and a waste of money. I’m going to make some call to see if I can find a spring that’ll lower the rear down 1” and bring the coilovers down a little bit. That rake on my truck irritates the crap out of me!:ROFLMAO:

AZRammer

Reaction score
agree with the offsets. i wanted a 20x10" wheel, but according to BDS tech, if you want to avoid a lot of trimming, the lowest offset you can go in a 20x10 wheel is -18, which look good but still wanted something more tucked. also limited in selection, the standard offset for 20x10 is -18

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m surprised you guys are having to do a lot of trimming with these setups, is this for normal driving? My setup for sure would rub awful with any flexing but it hardly rubs in normal usage and I didn’t do any major trimming.

pber1

Reaction score
Alright fellas so since the Fabtech kit uses the stock spring I’m thinking of just throwing a 2in lowering spring in the rear and knocking the coilovers down 1in, thoughts on this maneuver? Let me know how you guys feel about this experiment?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alright fellas so since the Fabtech kit uses the stock spring I’m thinking of just throwing a 2in lowering spring in the rear and knocking the coilovers down 1in, thoughts on this maneuver? Let me know how you guys feel about this experiment?
I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t. Another option would be to just buy different spacers for the rear. The setup is the same as 4th gens so just buy a 2-3” rear spacer depending on how much rake you want.

pber1

Reaction score
I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t. Another option would be to just buy different spacers for the rear. The setup is the same as 4th gens so just buy a 2-3” rear spacer depending on how much rake you want.
I hate the rake!!! When I got it lifted the guys at 4WP tried using spacers from a 4th gen to get rid of the rake and they told me the spacers weren’t sitting right despite all their “efforts” so I’ve been dealing with the rake. Maybe a different spacer manufacturer or a different shop could make it happen? I’m not sure but I’m gonna keep looking for alternatives and if I can’t get it right there’s gonna be a Fabtech kit for sale soon!:LOL:

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hate the rake!!! When I got it lifted the guys at 4WP tried using spacers from a 4th gen to get rid of the rake and they told me the spacers weren’t sitting right despite all their “efforts” so I’ve been dealing with the rake. Maybe a different spacer manufacturer or a different shop could make it happen? I’m not sure but I’m gonna keep looking for alternatives and if I can’t get it right there’s gonna be a Fabtech kit for sale soon!:LOL:

Interesting about the 4th gen thing, I’ve read people using them on the front and I thought the rear? But I wonder if the rear coils are slightly different? The fact that it’s 4WP makes me question how accurate this is though lol.

You could also cut the stock ones, but no going back after that haha. Probably cheaper and easier to just get the lowering springs.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven’t messed with the rear myself, but I can’t see how it’s different. The lowering springs everybody is using are from 4th gen trucks. That means the spring is the same so everything else would be too.

pber1

Reaction score
I haven’t messed with the rear myself, but I can’t see how it’s different. The lowering springs everybody is using are from 4th gen trucks. That means the spring is the same so everything else would be too.
Definitely worth a shot!

Users who are viewing this thread