5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No remote start even with 1/8 tank of gas??

ramhead

Reaction score
Went to remote start my truck this morning and it kicked on then shut off....2 successive attempts resulted in it not auto starting at all. I had over the 1/8th mark on fuel gauge when attempting to start. I had returned from a road trip late the night before and didn't have a chance to get gas. After filling up today it remote starts with no issue. I checked the manual and under "Remote Starting" it says this:

"If an engine fault is present or fuel level is low, the vehicle will start and then shut down in 10 seconds. "

I get if the tank is on "E" or really low but no starting at 1/8 fuel tank level seems too restrictive to consider as low and not allow the remote start to function (esp. since even on "E" I believe there is still 3 gallons of fuel in reserve).

Anyone else experience this?

Maxram

Reaction score
From what I've noticed, mine only does it when the E light is on.

TexasDrone

Reaction score
Only low fuel on mine too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yup, remote start turns off after about 10 seconds when my fuel light is on.

So as long as your Empty Light is on, your truck won't stay on after a remote start.

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Ditto the above statements...I think it’s an FCA thing; my Jeep (now the wife’s) does that, as well when the low fuel light is on.

diamondmi

Reaction score
Mine has been working great until this morning. I have plenty of gas and tried it this morning but would only beep horn once instead of twice and wouldn’t start. It is 13 degrees out. Not sure that has anything to do with it. When I went into the truck it said remote start is disabled. Push start button to reset. Can’t figure out why this would happen. I let it run about 30 seconds, shut it off and remote started it while inside the truck. It worked. After exiting it, tried it again and only one beep. Went in and reset and exited the truck and tried again. This time it worked. Kind of wonky.

Waiting for my newly ordered 2020 Laramie Longhorn, Delmonico Red, chrome bumpers, 20” wheels, 5.7 V8 Hemi MDS VVT eTorque, 3.92 rear, all options except diesel, multifunction tailgate, protection group and trailer tow group. Interior Black/New Saddle. Looking forward to delivery. Truck arrived!!! Yes!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine has been working great until this morning. I have plenty of gas and tried it this morning but would only beep horn once instead of twice and wouldn’t start. It is 13 degrees out. Not sure that has anything to do with it. When I went into the truck it said remote start is disabled. Push start button to reset. Can’t figure out why this would happen. I let it run about 30 seconds, shut it off and remote started it while inside the truck. It worked. After exiting it, tried it again and only one beep. Went in and reset and exited the truck and tried again. This time it worked. Kind of wonky.

Waiting for my newly ordered 2020 Laramie Longhorn, Delmonico Red, chrome bumpers, 20” wheels, 5.7 V8 Hemi MDS VVT eTorque, 3.92 rear, all options except diesel, multifunction tailgate, protection group and trailer tow group. Interior Black/New Saddle. Looking forward to delivery. Truck arrived!!! Yes!

I certainly understand why this would be concerning, diamondmi. If you ever decide to address this with your dealer, our team is just a private message away and more than happy to provide support.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread