5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar’s “Ram Airflow” Cold-Air Intake System For Ram 1500:

J4U

Reaction score
Speaking of major heat-soak, is there a way to check your CAI Temps?
Wish I would have checked before swapping out. It does read it. Can get some on road live measurements at some point. Just chose the CAI temps for the screen shot.
d8126711db51999e80e75b9a1688117c.jpg

J4U

Reaction score
Also notice a tab was missing in the middle where the top wedges down from. Doesn't look like it was broken, just left off. Anybody else's this way?
6aa444ffa12e7ab97b653e2681121b18.jpg

JeffJr

Reaction score
Also notice a tab was missing in the middle where the top wedges down from. Doesn't look like it was broken, just left off. Anybody else's this way?
6aa444ffa12e7ab97b653e2681121b18.jpg
Yeah it's suppose to be like that. When I was installing mine I notice it looked different from the instruction manual. I definitely looked online to make sure it was suppose to be like that.

Also thanks for pointing out the top seem of the cover cause now it definitely make more since on how the new Mopar Performance Concept Hood they showed on the Mopar Rebel will work with this CAI. They did state that the new concept hood will work with this CAI just super anxious and ready for them to release it. Been researching like crazy to try and find a product number for it but now luck yet. Hopefully we will know more first quarter next year.

Reactions: J4U

J4U

Reaction score
Took it for a quick drive to get some bad habits. Which I felt I deserved after taking the better half to IKEA. What the heck was I thinking...closet organization can suck it. But it's all put together and now she can "organize".

It seems to breath easier and the engine downshifts/upshifts are smoother even on a hard press. Think it's a good combo with my Borla Catback.

Even the cold start simmered down quicker.

Could be placebo post install but will keep an eye on the mileage and performance lack luster. Can't do anything about visibility for the greenbacks, but my peace of mind has been kicked up a notch.

I'll plug in my Blu and monitor the CAI temps live and see what I get average for a while. Hindsight is 20/20 and wish I had done it pre install. Hell...I wish I had 20/20 to begin with.

I would splurge again just based on how it looks hood popped. Well done Mopar, now get off my lawn!

Last edited:

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There was a comment maid a while back that it would be compatible with the Ram air hood they have on one of their concept trucks at the moment. I can’t say for sure if that was mentioned by Ram or just some speculation from the community.

2020 TRX?

Easy peasy, but man you have to be 6' 5" to get into the huge cavern of an engine bay. Don't know how you guys do it with lifts. Even with step stools and bench it was interesting.

Felt like a kid trying to reach the monkey bars that are too high. Too old for this air balancing trapese crap.

Now to wait for all my tech to come back on the screen. Glad I knew disconnecting the negative would cause it...I might have jumped off the engine bay.

I am spoiled and get to hit ENTRY MODE (since I have air suspension lol) .. but I also went to my local Harbor Freight and picked up a nice 40" shelf-ladder I place at the front bumper.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wish I would have checked before swapping out. It does read it. Can get some on road live measurements at some point. Just chose the CAI temps for the screen shot.
d8126711db51999e80e75b9a1688117c.jpg
Is this with the MOPAR RamAirflow installed? I have a Blue Driver as well and my truck is stock. I can take some comparative measurements with my truck. I guess the only thing that we would need to figure out is differences in outside air temperature. I'm in Florida, so it doesn't really get cold here. Not to mention, I'm at sea level and you appear to be quite a bit higher where the air is a little thinner.

Reactions: J4U

J4U

Reaction score
Is this with the MOPAR RamAirflow installed? I have a Blue Driver as well and my truck is stock. I can take some comparative measurements with my truck. I guess the only thing that we would need to figure out is differences in outside air temperature. I'm in Florida, so it doesn't really get cold here. Not to mention, I'm at sea level and you appear to be quite a bit higher where the air is a little thinner.
A touch different bring in Denver, yes

Would be great if someone in Florida or Denver had the opposite of us. Think it's too many different variable's to compare ours but numbers are always good.

Amazing93

Reaction score
It did and it is the AB version. Unfortunately, one the the pieces was broken so it will have to go back.
So I got my intake from BAM today and sure enough it was cracked at the base. I emailed them and asked what was the next step. There was 0 damage to the shipping box. I wonder if there’s a manufacturing defect with theses. The plastic is real thin in this particular spot. What was the process for you to get a replacement through BAM?

Attachments

• 246EB927-600A-483D-8938-D6F63F00732A.jpeg
    246EB927-600A-483D-8938-D6F63F00732A.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 204
  • B5172DB0-47D4-41EF-A2AB-DB9743311D08.jpeg
    B5172DB0-47D4-41EF-A2AB-DB9743311D08.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 203

J4U

Reaction score
Logged a return trip through downtown highway traffic and also on toll road. Took advantage of higher speed limit to stay under 10 over with no traffic. Gets pretty close to outside temps the faster you go obviously.

The highest temp was recorded after starting up from the initial trek to destination. Engine was still hot.

Could actually see when I was drafting behind another vehicle, the temps would raise a bit and then lower once I backed off or passed. Pretty neat but dangerous so won't be watching that again. Almost 26 minutes were logged live.
b3f888ef050bd205403d9d71f860a70c.jpg

Amazing93

Reaction score
So far no communication back fromBAM regarding the broken CAI. I emailed them last night and again this AM. I may have to dispute this transaction with my credit card company. Still hoping for the best. I have the email address af the GM for the dealership. I may go that route too.

Douglas31

Reaction score
So far no communication back fromBAM regarding the broken CAI. I emailed them last night and again this AM. I may have to dispute this transaction with my credit card company. Still hoping for the best. I have the email address af the GM for the dealership. I may go that route too.
If you go to you purchase confirmation email and click the status of order button it will take you to a page where you can click contact us and fill out an electronic form. Emails didn’t work for me but after submitting the electronic form I heard back later that day.

Amazing93

Reaction score
If you go to you purchase confirmation email and click the status of order button it will take you to a page where you can click contact us and fill out an electronic form. Emails didn’t work for me but after submitting the electronic form I heard back later that day.
Thanks, that's what I did last night with no response so I sent an email as well. I emailed the GM and havent heard back yet either.

Amazing93

Reaction score
Did you ever get resolution with this?
They finally messaged me after I sent 3 messages and said they would send a return label and ship a new part. That was the last I heard. No communication since.

Douglas31

Reaction score
They finally messaged me after I sent 3 messages and said they would send a return label and ship a new part. That was the last I heard. No communication since.
Same here. On Oct 31 I got that same email with them saying they should receive the replacement the next day and have it shipped out with a return label. Then this Tuesday I asked them for an update or if there was any way to track the replacement and on Wednesday I received the exact same email like it was an automated response. Not feeling too confident at this point.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here. On Oct 31 I got that same email with them saying they should receive the replacement the next day and have it shipped out with a return label. Then this Tuesday I asked them for an update or if there was any way to track the replacement and on Wednesday I received the exact same email like it was an automated response. Not feeling too confident at this point.
Hopefully they resolve this for both y’all real soon. This is the very reason I didn’t mind spending the extra $60 and ordering from my local dealer.

Amazing93

Reaction score
Got my new base from Bam Thursday. Installed it today. I have a Borla stype exhaust so it might be different for me but theres definitely a difference in acceleration. I didnt notice any extra noise. Took me about 90 minutes to install. I went slow and methodically. Is it worth 700 bucks? I dunno. But I dont feel bad spending the money so I guess it must be. We will wait to see how the gas mileage changes if it does. I will say I think theres a QC issue. The first one l got that was broke seemed like the plastic on the base was way too thin thus it was broke in the box . The new one seems right. Let's see.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/