5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 hellwig swaybar

_StangPGH

Reaction score
I just threw some sand tubes in the bed getting ready for winter and I have to say it feels even better with the RSB and some weight back there. You're moving the trucks center of gravity down and back and it's rock solid. I felt like the rear still floated a bit unloaded even with the bar. 4 x 70lb tubes laid in two rows of two between the wheel wells.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

768mph

Reaction score
I just threw some sand tubes in the bed getting ready for winter and I have to say it feels even better with the RSB and some weight back there. You're moving the trucks center of gravity down and back and it's rock solid. I felt like the rear still floated a bit unloaded even with the bar. 4 x 70lb tubes laid in two rows of two between the wheel wells.

Pictures of what youre talking about in regard to Sand tubes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Pictures of what youre talking about in regard to Sand tubes.

Available at Lowes or HD. More of a bag than a tube
eb89130b9b56de863de6aa00a6d3e430.jpg

HockeyDuck

Reaction score
Installed my hellwig a few days ago and love it. Super easy install and seems so much more stable. Thanks for the tips about needing to contact hellwig about the brackets as appears I got an old one with the originals that had issues with the washers not sitting correctly. They shipped me a new set in 2 days. I just bolted it up without the washers but will take it off and put the new ones on shortly will probably put in the closest hole to see the difference as I put in the middle to start. Thanks all!

A31857E2-BC8B-45CF-91F5-4BC3F4F97F0A.jpeg

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Put mine on the other day - middle hole - took all of 15 minutes (I was working on a LIFT though). Originals bolts with brackets.

Bought off Amazon $ 224 with free Prime shipping. Cheaper and more expedient than paying more + shipping and waiting for the $35 rebate to come in.

Definite difference in handling - notice that the rear seems a "little rougher" in ride - could just be me.

Do they make a FRONT BAR for the '19's? Has anyone tried it - have the right part number for it?

Rick

drstein

Reaction score
Put mine on the other day - middle hole - took all of 15 minutes (I was working on a LIFT though). Originals bolts with brackets.

Bought off Amazon $ 224 with free Prime shipping. Cheaper and more expedient than paying more + shipping and waiting for the $35 rebate to come in.

Definite difference in handling - notice that the rear seems a "little rougher" in ride - could just be me.

Do they make a FRONT BAR for the '19's? Has anyone tried it - have the right part number for it?

Rick

Go to their site, they talk about why they don't make a front one, they state they did not feel it needed one.

g3sys

Reaction score
installed the 7709 on my 2020 limited with mopar 2" lift, put in the firmest position
I can't beleive how much of a difference this bar makes, the truck handles excellent now.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Go to their site, they talk about why they don't make a front one, they state they did not feel it needed one.

This could be true - don't get nearly as much "roll" with the front, in comparison to the rear. Way less weight on the rear, necessitating a stiffer bar.

Rick

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Available at Lowes or HD. More of a bag than a tube
eb89130b9b56de863de6aa00a6d3e430.jpg

Follow up on the 4 x 70# sand tubes in the bed. It's too much weight as you can feel too much rear bias at speed. 3 x 70# is the sweet spot for my Rebel. I did some high speed testing (remote site, closed course just north of Mexico City, Mexico) and the truck is solid up to 105 mph or whatever the limiter is.

Dire Wolf

Reaction score
I do hate most of you right now.
Yet another mod I've fallen for based on all of your feedback.
Bought the Hellwig from Amazon and installed tonight. Put it on the middle setting.
Took her out for a test drive and might I just say that I'm tickled pink (a saying I feel the need to bring back)!
The truck just feels planted now like it is naturally attached to the road, not just driving on it.
Between the Pedal Commander and this, I just love driving this damn truck!!
Thank you all for helping me spend money. Doing my part to support the economy: one mod at a time!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I do hate most of you right now.
Yet another mod I've fallen for based on all of your feedback.
Bought the Hellwig from Amazon and installed tonight. Put it on the middle setting.
Took her out for a test drive and might I just say that I'm tickled pink (a saying I feel the need to bring back)!
The truck just feels planted now like it is naturally attached to the road, not just driving on it.
Between the Pedal Commander and this, I just love driving this damn truck!!
Thank you all for helping me spend money. Doing my part to support the economy: one mod at a time!
^^^ yep. this ^^^

ryanJ

Reaction score
Anyone have an issue with the supplied bolts being the wrong thread (to big) for the factory mounts? I had to use the factory bolts but there’s some play in it due to the smaller diameter. I purchased the lift version.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Nope. This is the first I've heard of this.
Give them a call. I hear they have great customer service.

Stickerhead

Reaction score
Anyone have an issue with the supplied bolts being the wrong thread (to big) for the factory mounts? I had to use the factory bolts but there’s some play in it due to the smaller diameter. I purchased the lift version.

I bought the links also and had to use factory bolts on top and supplied on the link to swaybar. No instructions so I emailed Hellwig

btwistd

Reaction score
installed the 7709 on my 2020 limited with mopar 2" lift, put in the firmest position
I can't beleive how much of a difference this bar makes, the truck handles excellent now.

Curious...you installed the mopar 2" lift on a limited? I thought the mopar 2" lift was just for non-air suspension 1500's?

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, after reading all the posts about the Hellwig; I decided to pull the trigger this past weekend. I was skeptical about all the good reviews, thinking that nobody wanted to admit it was a waste of money. I installed it tonight and just completed my first test drive. All that I can say is WOW! I am amazed at the difference in handling. The truck feels much more planted in turns now. This might be the first Mod that I have ever felt was 100% worth the money.

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Well, after reading all the posts about the Hellwig; I decided to pull the trigger this past weekend. I was skeptical about all the good reviews, thinking that nobody wanted to admit it was a waste of money. I installed it tonight and just completed my first test drive. All that I can say is WOW! I am amazed at the difference in handling. The truck feels much more plated in turns now. This might be the first Mod that I have ever felt was 100% worth the money.
Amazing, ain’t it?

Users who are viewing this thread