5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Exhaust (77072520AA) Sound Clips

swarggs

Reaction score
I recently installed the Mopar cat-back system on my Laramie and found that it has not been documented that much. It's fairly new and I could only find a few short videos when researching. Here is a video that has clips of some of the scenarios I was curious about when trying to decide if I wanted it. Starting, cruising at different speeds (with or without radio on), accelerating at different rates, ECT. This system has the Carven tips instead of the OEM or Mopar ones. I felt like the sounds changed slightly with the larger tips, but that may (probably) be me just trying to justify the extra cost.

Headphones recommended. I'm a novice at recording audio and it seems the recorded volume was low at times.

Last edited:

JRD

Reaction score
love the sound, now I’m not so sure about the borla touring.

how much did you pay if you don’t mind me asking? It seems the exhaust is sold out on multiple websites and is listed for 15-1800 when available.

swarggs

Reaction score
love the sound, now I’m not so sure about the borla touring.

how much did you pay if you don’t mind me asking? It seems the exhaust is sold out on multiple websites and is listed for 15-1800 when available.

I was able to trade another user a set of wheels for it. I believe he got it in the $1,100-1,200 range when it first come out.

heydre

Reaction score
WELL done...love the text keyframes which make it easy to click timeline at right spot...many scenarios too...wish the mic/cam was more sensitive. Would consider if it wasn't for cost...great job.

swarggs

Reaction score
WELL done...love the text keyframes which make it easy to click timeline at right spot...many scenarios too...wish the mic/cam was more sensitive. Would consider if it wasn't for cost...great job.

Thank you. I used a Rode directional mic to try and capture the full range of tones and unfortunately that introduced a number of settings that I was unfamiliar with. Maybe I will give it another shot when I have a couple free hours. Either way listening with headphones really does give you a good sense of the sound. It has a nice clean, deep sound that is only apparent inside during acceleration.

Last edited:

heydre

Reaction score
Don't sweat it....I should try headphones like you said.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds really good, I just installed the Borla ATAK and this sounds pretty similar. Haven’t been able to get a video to post from my iPhone as of yet but I think most are already familiar with it anyway.

beta379

Reaction score
Sounds really good, I just installed the Borla ATAK and this sounds pretty similar. Haven’t been able to get a video to post from my iPhone as of yet but I think most are already familiar with it anyway.
I wonder if it is the same as the Borla ATAK. My first thoughts were it would be closer to the Borla S-type.

beta379

Reaction score
I have seen a video of TFL Trucks installing this exhaust and the new Ramair on their Rebel.

Take a look.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen a video of TFL Trucks installing this exhaust and the new Ramair on their Rebel.

Take a look.
In one of his other videos, he compares the stock exhaust (89.2 dB) at a distance of 2' from the tips with the Mopar exhaust (116.4 dB). That's a HUGE difference (every 10 dB is roughly twice as loud).

Oliver392

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to make and post your videos. What comment would you make about the interior sound level on the hwy at a steady cruise?

Oliver392

Reaction score
I just did a quick price check on one of the online mopar parts sites. $1156. shipping to my zip was just about $50.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As the previous owner of this exhaust I have nothing but great things to say of it. Sadly being married the boss wifey had more to say then me lol hence why it’s no longer on her Ram. :)

swarggs

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to make and post your videos. What comment would you make about the interior sound level on the hwy at a steady cruise?
I would say there is no drone at all. You can hear it a bit but really only when you hit an incline or accelerate to pass.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
Oh, man... this is definitely something I’ll be putting on my truck when I get a chance. :D

PorBoy

Reaction score
^^^. So used to being outnumbered (3) females and a female dog in the house, till I can’t handle the complaints anymore . The good news is anyone who buys the Mopar exhaust will really in my opinion have a nice sounding system. Again just MY opinion folks...

ramhead

Reaction score
^^^. So used to being outnumbered (3) females and a female dog in the house, till I can’t handle the complaints anymore . The good news is anyone who buys the Mopar exhaust will really in my opinion have a nice sounding system. Again just MY opinion folks...

Was just meant as a joke...hope you realize that. And with that 4 female cabal around you, you may want to invest in these:

huge-headphones.jpg

PorBoy

Reaction score
Oh and again buy this exhaust and enjoy the sounds eminating from your rear lol.

Users who are viewing this thread