5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BDS 4" Released

ExpGARAM

Reaction score
The does not work with list for those of you who will fall into it:

IMPORTANT NOTES
1. This system will not fit vehicles equipped with 22” wheels from the factory due to a difference in hub bore size.

This is probably a stupid question but I wonder if that means aftermarket 22s will work?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with wheel sizes. It’s not the 22” wheel that’s the problem, it’s the “HD/XL” wheel bearing that’s the issue. Buy they just so happen to only come on trucks with factory 22s

Also, I thought BDS released their kit with the spindles for those trucks already?

Edit: they did. First option when you select a kit.

ExpGARAM

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with wheel sizes. It’s not the 22” wheel that’s the problem, it’s the “HD/XL” wheel bearing that’s the issue. Buy they just so happen to only come on trucks with factory 22s

Also, I thought BDS released their kit with the spindles for those trucks already?

Edit: they did. First option when you select a kit.

Yep, after I posted I looked at their Instagram and they specifically called out having a kit for 22" wheels.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t see many quad cabs these days, looks good. And agree, the -18 would probably get you right in line with the flare.

Ram.Rebel.19

Reaction score
Here's the BDS 4" with 35s on it. My truck has the ORP and the stance is pretty level.

The wheels are 20x10 with a -25 offset. This is about what I'd calculated but in retrospect I might look for a -18.

View attachment 37623
View attachment 37624
Looks good! Any rubbing and are you still using factory control arms? I saw BDS has new control arm option for 6” lift, but not the 4”.

bbbeeennnjjjeee

Reaction score
Looks good! Any rubbing and are you still using factory control arms? I saw BDS has new control arm option for 6” lift, but not the 4”.
I just ordered the standard 4" kit with the new knuckle but same CA. I don't think it's required given the smaller articulation range. A tiny bit of rubbing at full lock but trimming was pretty mild and honestly probably didn't even need to be done.

Ram.Rebel.19

Reaction score
I just ordered the standard 4" kit with the new knuckle but same CA. I don't think it's required given the smaller articulation range. A tiny bit of rubbing at full lock but trimming was pretty mild and honestly probably didn't even need to be done.
Awesome I appreciate the info as I plan on going with a very similar set up!

Troyoffroad

Reaction score
I’ve been waiting for someone to instal the BDS 4” on 35’s. That’s what I’m going with. Looks perfect and I can imagine even better in person. What tires did you choose? How does it drive compared to stock? I recently switched over to Ram from owning GMC’s my whole life. Amazed at how nice they drive, don’t want to F it up with a crappy setup

bbbeeennnjjjeee

Reaction score
I’ve been waiting for someone to instal the BDS 4” on 35’s. That’s what I’m going with. Looks perfect and I can imagine even better in person. What tires did you choose? How does it drive compared to stock? I recently switched over to Ram from owning GMC’s my whole life. Amazed at how nice they drive, don’t want to F it up with a crappy setup
The ride is pretty close to stock. I chose the fox shocks which are definitely stiffer but I don't have any strange wobbles, shaking, or bad body roll. Tires are Toyo open country at2s, hands down the best tire for the money IMO. Obviously a little louder than before but nothing even close to a MT.

Troyoffroad

Reaction score
The ride is pretty close to stock. I chose the fox shocks which are definitely stiffer but I don't have any strange wobbles, shaking, or bad body roll. Tires are Toyo open country at2s, hands down the best tire for the money IMO. Obviously a little louder than before but nothing even close to a MT.
Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking the Nitto ridge grappler or the terra grappler which are close to your Toyo’s I think. I don’t plan on mudding in my truck so getting mud terrains just for looks doesn’t make sense to me. Just want something to handle the snow and ice covered roads when going up snowboarding without white knuckling.
I’d like to keep my tires tucked in the fender as much as possible too. Got to figure out what backspacing and wheel width would work best.

bbbeeennnjjjeee

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking the Nitto ridge grappler or the terra grappler which are close to your Toyo’s I think. I don’t plan on mudding in my truck so getting mud terrains just for looks doesn’t make sense to me. Just want something to handle the snow and ice covered roads when going up snowboarding without white knuckling.
I’d like to keep my tires tucked in the fender as much as possible too. Got to figure out what backspacing and wheel width would work best.
I wouldn't exceed a -18 on a 20x10 then.

U

User_21361

It's a real bummer the stock rebel wheels won't fit with this. I would love to not have to upgrade the wheels/tires at the same time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

tobyw

Reaction score
Here's the BDS 4" with 35s on it. My truck has the ORP and the stance is pretty level.

The wheels are 20x10 with a -25 offset. This is about what I'd calculated but in retrospect I might look for a -18.

Are the Toyos 35x12.5R20, or are they something different?

It's a real bummer the stock rebel wheels won't fit with this. I would love to not have to upgrade the wheels/tires at the same time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

You could run a wheel spacer and keep the Rebel wheels, saves a little money for the short term.

AZRammer

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie. 4” BDS lift complete w Fuel Rebel 20x9, and 35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I’ll take more/better pics this week. Love it so far. ride is factory, possibly improved w the optional rear Fox. B10E74D0-2BAF-4F22-B769-7D8EB49CE5F4.jpeg FA5A27AD-1E14-471F-B022-77ABE6FB5244.jpeg 47840F0F-D6A3-4270-9371-3B8A16467BEE.jpeg B10E74D0-2BAF-4F22-B769-7D8EB49CE5F4.jpeg FA5A27AD-1E14-471F-B022-77ABE6FB5244.jpeg 47840F0F-D6A3-4270-9371-3B8A16467BEE.jpeg B10E74D0-2BAF-4F22-B769-7D8EB49CE5F4.jpeg

kittyjo

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread