5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

OtisFranklin

Reaction score
Yeah this thread is getting to be about thinking you one up'd the next guy who didn't get as a good deal. For me it's about getting over my seller's remorse about selling my '06 Tacoma too cheap and was hoping I made up for it with my purchase of '19 Warlock. I had no idea there was such a good seller's market for 4 cylinder single cabs in my area. Guess I should have got a clue when I had 10 calls within 20 minutes on Craig's List. Then when the first guy that showed up wanted it so bad, I did not have the heart to not sell to him for $100 off my asking prince of $6900 - I'm too nice, that's my problem.

Anyway, trying to be good to the thread: see attachment for what I bought. I really did get it OTD or $36.2; I like to call it $36.1 because I got $50 amazon card for test drive and dealer let me put $3K on my credit card, which amounts to $45 cash back for me. As shown on the attached, the MSRP is $45,160. Taxes and title for 1 year in my state was $2713 and $616. A factory rebate is listed as $5750. The internet price was $31,996 (not OTD obviously).

So can you guys help me get over my seller's remorse or should I feel even worse that I didn't ask for more off the first presented OTD price. Dealer said they don't haggle, but they accepted my request for $300 off pretty quick.

Attachments

• Warlock sticker.jpeg
    Warlock sticker.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 77

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Without commenting on anything else you said, that’s not a 5th gen and a waste of time in this thread.

I’m not trying to be rude, just honest.

FWIW, that’s a sweet deal IMO but it doesn’t apply to this thread. Same for anyone else who might be posting 2019 classic information.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Agree that sales taxes probably don‘t count except for people in the same state comparing numbers, and then the trade (in some/most states) reduces the taxes paid. So a non-TTL price is likely better to post. You can comment on TTL but (with the exception of doc fees, which are negotiable usually) you cannot dicker on the licensing and tax portions.

So how does FCA/RAM come up with the $1695 destination fees anyways? Does a truck at a dealer that’s 50 miles outside the plant have the same fee that one that is 2000 miles away has to pay?

Last edited by a moderator:

OtisFranklin

Reaction score
Without commenting on anything else you said, that’s not a 5th gen and a waste of time in this thread.

I’m not trying to be rude, just honest.

FWIW, that’s a sweet deal IMO but it doesn’t apply to this thread. Same for anyone else who might be posting 2019 classic information.
Not rude at all and appreciate the honesty.

Toris1968

Reaction score
TLDR...

I would venture to guess someone's "good deal" should not include TTL. For the simple reason not everyone has sales tax.
I'll be paying 9% sales tax on my truck when it gets here. Does that mean my 13% or so under MSRP is a bad deal? I wouldn't think so. But when you add in the sales tax I have to pay, it's not as "amazing".
Which is why I disclosed what I paid after dealer rebates $46k and the total paid $49.5k after TTL.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn’t get pano roof, but has everything else The longhorn has to offer!

Which doesn’t answer my question at all, can you mention the break down or I’m going to assume this is a fantasy.

19k dollars off? 30%.

Is this a F June deal being posted about yet again in mid October?

Toris1968

Reaction score
I’m actually serious though, I want to know how to buy a longhorn for 46k
Which doesn’t answer my question at all, can you mention the break down or I’m going to assume this is a fantasy.

19k dollars off? 30%.

19k dollars off? 30%.

Do you want to know every single option the truck has? Would that make you feel better about overpaying for the same truck? I can do that...but I feel like I’ve already done that. I literally said I have all the options that the longhorn comes with minus the pano roof and off road package. What‘s difficult about that. What proof would make you feel better? I can go take pics with me in the truck and point out all the features if you’d like! I can post my loan details, because I haven’t made a payment yet. Let me know what I can do to make you happy about your purchase.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you want to know every single option the truck has? Would that make you feel better about overpaying for the same truck? I can do that...but I feel like I’ve already done that. I literally said I have all the options that the longhorn comes with minus the pano roof and off road package. What‘s difficult about that. What proof would make you feel better? I can go take pics with me in the truck and point out all the features if you’d like! I can post my loan details, because I haven’t made a payment yet. Let me know what I can do to make you happy about your purchase.

This tells me all I need to know.

Toris1968

Reaction score
I’m sorry you don’t feel comfortable with the answers that you seek! Not sure how I can prove to you otherwise. I’m a retired military member of 21 years and I currently work for NASA...so I’m not making up a story to cause an internet argument about the truck that I bought and own, let me know what I can do to make you feel better.
l‘ll try to do my best!

drstein

Reaction score
Dude, chill.

You are the one getting worked up here. WillWork4Truck said it was based on his opinion based on what he has been seeing. You state that you are not being argumentative, yet you're using CAPS and attacking him. He has joked with you and been sarcastic at worst. From my perspective, he has been far more respectful to you than you have to him...so chill and help with the facts.

Also keep in mind that a great deal in one location (such as Las Angles) might not be considered that great of a deal somewhere else where dealers typically give more discounts before rebates (Texas). So your purely "numbers vs numbers" facts don't marry up with what is a good deal for that region/location.*

* Note that my location example was just a guess based on other trucks I have researched in the past...I did NOT check this with RAM trucks this year (yet).
Thanks for your opinion
Dude, chill.

You are the one getting worked up here. WillWork4Truck said it was based on his opinion based on what he has been seeing. You state that you are not being argumentative, yet you're using CAPS and attacking him. He has joked with you and been sarcastic at worst. From my perspective, he has been far more respectful to you than you have to him...so chill and help with the facts.

Also keep in mind that a great deal in one location (such as Las Angles) might not be considered that great of a deal somewhere else where dealers typically give more discounts before rebates (Texas). So your purely "numbers vs numbers" facts don't marry up with what is a good deal for that region/location.*

* Note that my location example was just a guess based on other trucks I have researched in the past...I did NOT check this with RAM trucks this year (yet).
Thanks for your opinion...dude. I do not remember you in the conversation previously or understand you attacking me. The gentleman's post's, which I'm sure you've read them ALL, were not helpful. Also, thank you for informing me how "deals" are done. Has been awwhile and it was only a decade I spent at a GM Dealership so you refreshing my memory and bring me up t speed iss really helpful. After that, I took a State LEO job, if I need a refresher in that line of work, or anything at all, I'll certainly contact you. Again, thanks for your decisive input.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Somebody posted and seriously wanted to be able to find a 19' Longhorn for $46K, the only thing I've seen so far is a 19' at an Idaho dealer, it's $49K, and actually hits that $46K number with the "additional qualifying rebates"... No idea if it's still available, just info for you potential buyers.
They have the window sticker posted, it's pretty well equipped with tow group, 3.92, anti-spin, pano sunroof, 33 gallon tank etc.
Many of the Id trucks are equipped with the tow group... so watch out for that if you want power folding mirrors.
New 2019 RAM All-New 1500 Longhorn

NEW 2019 RAM 1500 LARAMIE LONGHORN® CREW CAB 4X4 5'7" BOX
VIN: 1C6SRFKT6KN516482 STOCK #: 4K0070
  • Engine: Regular Unleaded V-8 5.7 L/345
  • Trans: 8-Speed Automatic 8HP75 Transmission
  • Drivetrain: 4x4
  • Exterior: Rugged Brown Pearl-Coat Exterior Paint
  • HWY: 21 MPG | CITY: 15 MPG †
MSRP $61,505
CHRYSLER FINANCING DISCOUNT $2,000
GUARANTEED PRICE $49,748
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING REBATES $46,748

reb0957

Reaction score
Just bought a 2019 Laramie Sport, Offroad package, with level 1 equipment package. for $50K Sticker was $58.5 roughly 14% of sticker. I really wanted more off. 12" screen and sunroof. The only thing missing from a low end limited was air ride and power running boards. I added the running boards any way.

Gs72174

Reaction score
This thread is supposed to inform and help others but it’s turning into name calling and unnecessary rudeness. As a new member and someone in the market for a new Ram, this thread has been helpful. So for those posting their purchase price, please continue and ignore those that unnecessarily chime in.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Question... when everyone in here says MSRP... does it include the Destination charge?

All the Window Stickers here in GA has the “Total Price” or as its most commonly known “MSRP”, includes the destination charge. I have attached a window sticker of a random truck so you can see. Just add up the base price and all options to include destination charge and it should match the Total Price or MSRP. Keep in mind that dealer add ons will also drive that MSRP up but those can be negotiated. The add ons drive up the cost of the truck and the profits for the dealer. 24B24E87-218A-4FC2-8A1F-A9B74275D942.png

ryan74701

Reaction score
Can't decide between this truck for $53,500 OTD

or this used 2019 with 22k miles on it, dealer wont come more than 1k off the price.

Users who are viewing this thread