5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Ram airflow kit

Jchen79

Reaction score
I thought this forum thread was about the Ram Airflow cold air intake? Why so many off-topic posts about politics and other products? smh

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Exactly let’s stay on topic and if people want to vent about their government go into the off topic sections. :)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Agree on the politics, but nothing wrong with reintroducing the Vararam option to ensure folks see an option that is very similar in design and function.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Yes that part is true and thank you for letting others see that there are less expensive options. I stuck with the Mopar option to keep that warranty intact. I don’t believe without 100 percent proof that it’s adding more mpg or horsepower. Again just my opinion as someone who actually owns this intake.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After mulling it over I decided to pass on the 1100 price quote intake and just put a 50 K&N in as already had charcoal filter removed. I like the look but as others have said good is never open to public and if I’m going to spend good money for performance gains I’d go straight to a Whipple just the way I am wired. Gains if any for money in CIA wouldn’t do it for me.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
After mulling it over I decided to pass on the 1100 price quote intake and just put a 50 K&N in as already had charcoal filter removed. I like the look but as others have said good is never open to public and if I’m going to spend good money for performance gains I’d go straight to a Whipple just the way I am wired. Gains if any for money in CIA wouldn’t do it for me.
Go ahead and get that whipple!

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go ahead and get that whipple!
Lol I already have a modded Hellcat so don’t really have an urge to throw money at performance on this 6000pd truck it’s my hunting/ off-road machine and I actually love it the way it is.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Lol I already have a modded Hellcat so don’t really have an urge to throw money at performance on this 6000pd truck it’s my hunting/ off-road machine and I actually love it the way it is.

Lies and Deceit! You know you want that Whipple on the Ram...even then it would be too slow though. Not a hellcat over here, but traded a supercharged 17 Camaro 2SS for the ram.

Anyway, my 2 cents are that the Vararam would be worth the money if it in fact provides the MPG gains and for sound. I don't trust HP/TQ gains from intakes...unless of course they are force fed.

Jchen79

Reaction score
Whipple is king! I hope you get it. I can’t because my truck has eTorque. If you have eTorque, you have to use ProCharger bolt-on. I’m cheering for you!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Whipple is king! I hope you get it. I can’t because my truck has eTorque. If you have eTorque, you have to use ProCharger bolt-on. I’m cheering for you!
Is that a fitment issue, or a programming conflict?

Users who are viewing this thread