5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Ram airflow kit

Jchen79

Reaction score
It released October 10th, 2019, the very same day I ordered it at a local Dodge dealership. I picked it up this morning and installed. I did not see it available on the Mopar accessories website. Trucks runs a lot smoother now. 8th gear properly shifts and activates MDS without having to mess with throttle. 4” lift, 20” wheels, 35x12.5 tires, Borla cat-back exhaust (Attak). See picture for reference.

Attachments

• CAF50758-E2B8-4B63-91C8-7C074DFEF9F2.jpeg
    CAF50758-E2B8-4B63-91C8-7C074DFEF9F2.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Trucks runs a lot smoother now. 8th gear properly shifts and activates MDS without having to mess with throttle.

Truck looks great and I, too, love the look of the RAM AIR. However, I find it very intriguing that, by simply installing a CAI, you now reference that it feel "a lot smoother" and effects the transmission and the MDS...sorry but I just don't buy it.

Jchen79

Reaction score
Truck looks great and I, too, love the look of the RAM AIR. However, I find it very intriguing that, by simply installing a CAI, you now reference that it feel "a lot smoother" and effects the transmission and the MDS...sorry but I just don't buy it.
I was running 4” lift with 35” inch tires and a Borla exhaust with stock intake. I found myself having to either press or release the throttle a bit while in 7th gear trying to shift into 8th. After I installed the RAM Airflow, this issue is gone, and transmissions shifts feel seamless now. I didn’t expect the CAI to have that effect on my truck, but it is a welcome surprise. If you aren’t having issues with gear shifting after a lift and larger tires, ( and speedometer/tire/axle ratio tune ) then I wouldn’t worry about that side of it. Either way, I’m very satisfied with my purchase.

cjgerson

Reaction score
It released October 10th, 2019, the very same day I ordered it at a local Dodge dealership. I picked it up this morning and installed. I did not see it available on the Mopar accessories website. Trucks runs a lot smoother now. 8th gear properly shifts and activates MDS without having to mess with throttle. 4” lift, 20” wheels, 35x12.5 tires, Borla cat-back exhaust (Attak). See picture for reference.
Nice work! Where did you order from?

Jchen79

Reaction score
Nice work! Where did you order from?
I ordered from Suncoast Dodge in Seminole, FL on Thursday 10/10/19, and it arrived Tuesday 10/15/19. I paid $847 as it was $925, and minus 15% discount. No special tools needed; just need a flathead screwdriver, a ratchet wrench, 10mm and 8 mm sockets. When you get to the part that you remove the MUA tube, the is an rubber elbow tube that you must remove so you can install the new one. Just wiggle and pull the elbow straight up. Hope this helps.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Wouldn’t expect any cheaper with where he bought it from. That is the worst dealer In the Tampa Bay metro area.... and we have like ten dealers.
All you have to do is Google the part and they can be found for around $700. Shipped to my door was $719. I'll wait for a few folks to have their trucks dynod first to understand the real benefit besides the cool look and sound and, I do believe that over the next year, the prices will come down more. I am typically an early adopter, but for this, it just isn't worth it to me...yet ;)

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the whole truck.
Sick truck bro. I would change the headlights. The bighorn headlights don’t do it justice with that big circle in it. See if the Laramie headlights fit in your truck and it will hit nice!!

Users who are viewing this thread