5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retractable bed cover that does not leak....

jzender

Reaction score
Is there any bed cover that doesn't leak that is retractable? Seems like all the reviews for the ones I were looking at say that leaking is inevitable. Hoping to find one that I can use to put my gear and luggage in when heading to the mountains. Any experience on this front?

U

User_21361

How hard of a requirement is the retractable part? I live in the Pacific Northwest so dry storage was a must for me as it rains 10 months a year. I landed on the Diamondback SE because it's supposed to be dry and can come off in 10 min. I also wasn't a fan of losing 10-12 inches of bed space. It goes on the truck on Friday and I can report on its rain performance.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve had my Diamondback SE on for about 6 weeks and absolutely no water getting past it, whether it be rain or by washing. I can’t imagine a better functioning and looking cover. They’re not cheap but it’s one of those cases where you get what you pay for.

jzender

Reaction score
Thanks! I love the look of the Diamondback SE... but unfortunately the design of the middle portion kills it for me. I'm a hang glider pilot and need to have access to the full bed to put gear and other pilots in on the way to launch. Also... hard to put mountain bikes in there with that kind of cover I would think.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! I love the look of the Diamondback SE... but unfortunately the design of the middle portion kills it for me. I'm a hang glider pilot and need to have access to the full bed to put gear and other pilots in on the way to launch. Also... hard to put mountain bikes in there with that kind of cover I would think.
Understand your concerns. Panels or the whole thing can be removed in minutes and mountain bikes go on top of the cover.

1997pgt

Reaction score
I have the RetraxProMX retractable cover and even when I pressure wash the truck the bed stays 100% dry on the inside (tailgate area included). Granted it does have drain tubes that funnel any water that gets in the tracks out of the truck. You do lose about 6" or so of bed depth but you still have a good bit of room under the "canister." Also very secure with a key lock and a lifetime warranty.

Attachments

• 73263B3A-FA75-4C6A-9790-8D2676D73AF0.jpeg
    73263B3A-FA75-4C6A-9790-8D2676D73AF0.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 9FBFF888-D723-413B-9246-3E42E811F93D.jpeg
    9FBFF888-D723-413B-9246-3E42E811F93D.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 40

Oliver392

Reaction score
I have had the BakFlip Revolver X2 on my '16 1500 for close to 4 years now. Very weather tight. Very secure. Nice flush mount. I wish that it would fit on the '20 1500 that I have on order. I now have it for sale and I ordered a Revolver X4 (all matte finish vs satin/semi gloss on the X2).

If you have a Gen 4 or have a friend with a Gen 4 I have my X2 for sale here in the classifieds.

Users who are viewing this thread