5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bak Revolver X4 installed

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Sold My Bakflip MX4 and purchased a Bak Revolver X4. MX4 was great but didn’t like the fact that I couldn’t put my mountain bike over my tailgate without covering the rear window. I was able to get the revolver to close with my tailgate pad installed, just had to remove the rear seal. Not a big deal since with the Mopar drop-in bedliner installed I couldn’t close the tailgate anyways without major trimming.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

agjr85

Reaction score
Cool, I have it in my garage waiting to be installed.
Good to see some pics of it in action.

Jims380da

Reaction score
Cool, I have it in my garage waiting to be installed.
Good to see some pics of it in action.

Im thinking of getting same cover. did you install yet? some comments online bashed the Revolver X4 on fit and finish. Can you let us know how you make out? Thanks

Last edited:

rrjjpp74

Reaction score
Do they have and stake pocket fillers to buy? That is the only think that keeps me from buying the flush mount covers.

boofizzle

Reaction score
I love my revolver X4. Installed with ramboxes, done in less than an hour. Good fit other than gaps at the tailgate. Relatively water tight as far as I can tell though not water proof.

JHRebel

Reaction score
Love mine, it’s perfect...waterproof, no, but very little water makes it’s way in at all...looks perfect, operates easily.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I love mine. My truck has Ramboxes and it took just a few minutes to install. It was so easy that I kept thinking I must be doing something wrong lol. Not waterproof because of gaps at tailgate. I’ve added some weatherstripping and it’s better now but not perfect. I think this is the best cover available. At least it is for me.

Jims380da

Reaction score
I love mine. My truck has Ramboxes and it took just a few minutes to install. It was so easy that I kept thinking I must be doing something wrong lol. Not waterproof because of gaps at tailgate. I’ve added some weatherstripping and it’s better now but not perfect. I think this is the best cover available. At least it is for me.
If ÿou don't mind me asking, where did you purchase and how much did you pay?

Kxlexus

Reaction score
If ÿou don't mind me asking, where did you purchase and how much did you pay?
I bought at Tonneau Factory Outlet. They were advised around $1050 to 1100 at the time. Can’t remember exactly. I called them up on a Sunday and actually talked to a guy who was knowledgeable about his product. We went back and forth on price. I finally offered $900 delivered and he took it. Actually came in a few cents under $900

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Great cover. I had the original BAK Roll-X as they called it way back in 2012 on a Raptor, then had the updated Revolver on a 17 Tundra. Never had an issue with either. Keep it fresh with 303 protectant regularly.

Now I have this POS factory trifold that came on my Rebel. Can't believe this is a $650 option but it's a cover and it keeps the weather out for the most part so I can't see spending the coin to upgrade right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

stevestrike

Reaction score
Does the front-end of your X4 installs look similar to this? I was surprised at this gap.
IMG_0756.jpg

stevestrike

Reaction score
Would someone mind posting a photo of that section please? Maybe I just goofed up the install

tdager

Reaction score
Do any of you live in snow country? Wondering what happens in a 2-4" snow and you have to roll up the cover to get to something in the bed? Seems like it would be a PITA.

Jims380da

Reaction score
Do any of you live in snow country? Wondering what happens in a 2-4" snow and you have to roll up the cover to get to something in the bed? Seems like it would be a PITA.

Good point. I’m debating getting the Revolver over MX4. Never had problem with snow on MX4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Snow isn’t a big issue. Ice on the other hand will be. I have had everything freeze to the rail. Granted this was on the predecessor to the X4 Revolver but it was made pretty much the same. I just got my Revolver X4 this summer

Users who are viewing this thread