5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to stop receiving emails when threads are replied to

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had this come up a few times today so thought I would post this here so the information is available to everyone.

Screenshot (110).png

First click on your profile at the top right, then preferences. For content options you can have it set to alert, alert and email or nothing. The alerts just show up in the bell to show you someone replied to a thread you are watching or are participating in. If you don't wish to receive e-mails make sure those boxes are unchecked. This will only stop you from receiving emails from new threads, if you wish to stop them from previous threads as well go to the next step.

To stop receiving e-mails from threads that you are already participating in click the down arrow beside where it says forums on the top header, and click watched threads. or click on this link to take you there. https://5thgenrams.com/community/watched/threads

Screenshot (109).png

That will bring up another page with all the threads you are watching, to unsubscribe to them by email in bulk click manage watched threads and then unsubscribe by email.

When posting a new thread you can also choose whether to watch it and whether to see e-mails or not above the post thread button.

Screenshot (112).png

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Screenshot (109).png
    Screenshot (109).png
    13.4 KB · Views: 4

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I"m the opposite. I wish the email replies would be more timely.
They're pretty delayed, after a post. Could be 30 min or up to an hour or more.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I"m the opposite. I wish the email replies would be more timely.
They're pretty delayed, after a post. Could be 30 min or up to an hour or more.
I'd accidentally left the email notification for PMs enabled and I was getting some of those emails 6+ hours after the fact!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm trying to figure that out. They used to be pretty instant and lately they have been pretty delayed. I should have it figured out soon.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Yeah I'm trying to figure that out. They used to be pretty instant and lately they have been pretty delayed. I should have it figured out soon.

Thanks. Yeah, just got a notification from a reply from 6 PM... that is, 6 PM yesterday... ;) So around 25 hrs late...

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jared, is there a way to get rid of the splash screen welcoming new members? I've been a member since January and every time I visit I have to scroll down past this:

Welcome to Our Community VectorZ
Thanks for registering. So you're now a member. What's next? Well, you can start creating topics, reply to others' posts, make friends, give reputation, and much more. Have fun in the forums!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I could get rid of it. I like having that image there but if you guys don't like having it there I could make it disappear. I can see how it would be annoying to have to scroll past it.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I could get rid of it. I like having that image there but if you guys don't like having it there I could make it disappear. I can see how it would be annoying to have to scroll past it.
Can you make it appear for the first month, or 10 posts etc? Or is it one size fits alll?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Jared,

This is still an issue. Way, way delayed replies, sometimes days old.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Jared,

This is still an issue. Way, way delayed replies, sometimes days old.

I'm actually spending the day doing a lot of back end work on the site. This is definitely one of the issues that I'm looking at addressing. The way the site is growing the solution might be moving to a much faster, more capable (read expensive lol) server.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just an update that the email issue should now be resolved. They're coming through lightning quick in my tests now.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Thank you for the information on this. I wanted to stop getting all emails on new posts and such and this hopefully worked!

Not that I don't like the site...I do...just hate getting emails on every reply and such.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information on this. I wanted to stop getting all emails on new posts and such and this hopefully worked!

Not that I don't like the site...I do...just hate getting emails on every reply and such.

No worries, I had to turn them off myself as I was getting hundreds of emails a day just from watched threads. I already get enough from elsewhere lol.

Users who are viewing this thread