5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suntek Carbon Window Tint

JRD

Reaction score
I got 5% on the front 2 and a strip on the windshield. I got 18% on the back 2 and the back glass bc it had the factory tint on already. So the truck looks like all 5%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did they do? Any issues with air bubbles

Ty93

Reaction score
How did they do? Any issues with air bubbles

Nope. This is the 3rd vehicle I’ve got done with them. and if there is any issues they will resolve them.

JRD

Reaction score
Nope. This is the 3rd vehicle I’ve got done with them. and if there is any issues they will resolve them.

Good deal, thanks for the lead.
How much did they charge you for all 4 windows, the guy on the phone said ceramic was around $300 but didn’t have an exact price

Ty93

Reaction score
Good deal, thanks for the lead.
How much did they charge you for all 4 windows, the guy on the phone said ceramic was around $300 but didn’t have an exact price

I can’t quote exactly what I was charged bc I get charged a different price. Call and ask to speak with John Morgan and tell him Tyler sent you.

Reactions: JRD

St Pete Ron

Reaction score
I have a ceramic window tint on my truck, it does help with the heat, I am very happy with it! $200 for 4 windows, full back window and 6" on front windshield.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a ceramic window tint on my truck, it does help with the heat, I am very happy with it! $200 for 4 windows, full back window and 6" on front windshield.
Where did you get your tint done? I’m hoping somewhere in the Tampa Bay Area with your name being st Pete Ron.

St Pete Ron

Reaction score
Where did you get your tint done? I’m hoping somewhere in the Tampa Bay Area with your name being st Pete Ron.
This guy is a great detailer, we have had 5 vehicles done there and a lot of our friends go there. My last truck he tinted was 5.5 years old and no issues with the tinting. He is located across from the wagon wheel/mustang flea market, it is about 8600 Park boulevard in Seminole . Tell him I sent you it might get you a deal.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 7.23.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 7.23.44 AM.png
    866.5 KB · Views: 28

agjr85

Reaction score
Suntek is good, popular in Houston.
I've had it on 2 of my vehicles and no failures.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you are going to tint, don't use anything but ceramic...not that much more and well worth it.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have my front windows 70% and the windshield 90% tinted with 3M Crystalline. Definitely slows how fast the interior heats up when parked and speeds cooling when running.

One interesting thing with this tint, my wife has prescription eyeglasses with Transitions lenses that automatically darken in the sun. She used to be able to use these as sunglasses when driving. But with the new tint they no longer darken inside the vehicle. Guess the tint really does block UV.

St Pete Ron

Reaction score
Bayou window tinting here in Seminole Florida does front doors, backdoors back window and a 6" windshield trim for $200 in Ceramic.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Bayou window tinting here in Seminole Florida does front doors, backdoors back window and a 6" windshield trim for $200 in Ceramic.
With what type of film? For ceramic @ $200, that's VERY cheap and not sure you got what you really thought you got.

St Pete Ron

Reaction score
With what type of film? For ceramic @ $200, that's VERY cheap and not sure you got what you really thought you got.
Our family have been going to him for 10 years now, at least 10 vehicles just between our family. He is backed up for 10 days and he cuts us a deal. Nice guy and he has been there about 15 years that I know of. Never any problems either, he is a stand up guy on his word and work!
Yes, ceramic.

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
I have 3M Ceramic IR on the whole truck (including sunroof and windshield), 5% on all the windows, 70% on the windshield and 50% on sunroof. It helps with the heat once you're going with the AC.. but when you first get in it's an oven for the first 3-5 minutes until all the heat is released. It sits in the Miami, Florida sun all day. I paid 650$ to have it done locally with a 3M certified dealer and wouldn't go with anything else. Lifetime warranty and 3M name brand.. get the upgrade, if you can't right now, just wait, it's worth it.

shurik74

Reaction score
Last week finally tinted... My guys used Suntek (on my last 4 family cars) for many years but last 3 years switched to Rayno S7 ceramic and highly recommended. I've never used Rayno before but so far I don't have any objections.
  • Rear doors & rear window -- 5%
  • Front doors -- 35%
  • Windshield -- 50%

Users who are viewing this thread