5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally the Limited we all have been wanting!

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Meh, I like some contrast better...I’m sorry to say but all blacked out is really becoming played out IMHO.

I totally agree - and I have a black Laramie with the Black package...

I would have preferred a black Laramie with the Sport package, so it would have chrome badging and different wheels. But, the price on this one was too good to pass up. I'll probably get different wheels when it's time for new tires and that should help.

Zeeya

Reaction score
Salesman doesn’t know if it came in from Michigan or Mexico, and doesn’t know about the tailgate, Jeezzzzz. Nice truck, not a fan of the wheels .02

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Salesman doesn’t know if it came in from Michigan or Mexico, and doesn’t know about the tailgate, Jeezzzzz. Nice truck, not a fan of the wheels .02
Aren't all 1500s built in Michigan?

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They sell a lot of blackouts across the different models, so clearly people dig it!

PrISM

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be able to just buy a black grille for my Limited instead of trying to have mine painted!

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
My dealer in TN is having trouble with their system allowing them to order the Black appearance package...supposedly anyway...

Also, the first picture on this page link below was marketing for that package, now there are only two pictures to cycle through instead of three. You can see a blurb about the package halfway down the page, but clicking the "exterior packages" link right beside it does not take you to anything about that package.

MQQSE

Reaction score
I know this was what I was wanting when I had my limited, it looks like they decided to make it available. It looks FANTASTIC!

That's the exact truck I wanted to build and never thought they would offer it. Even down to the hood, on a Limited? Wow. Ram engineers and design team really does listen. The only thing I would add is black lug nuts. That truck cleaned up would be just so bad ***. Typical sales dude, "I think it came from Mexico" when they don't make 1500's there. Seen his vids before, pretty much a joke.

beta379

Reaction score
My dealer in TN is having trouble with their system allowing them to order the Black appearance package...supposedly anyway...

Also, the first picture on this page link below was marketing for that package, now there are only two pictures to cycle through instead of three. You can see a blurb about the package halfway down the page, but clicking the "exterior packages" link right beside it does not take you to anything about that package.

Find another dealer then. I went through a couple dealerships before I found some that new about it. I actually found out before 5thGen from one dealer I'd been speaking with. When I started shopping around is when I started having issues like yours.

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
Yeah super weird. I even gave them a readout with the codes. They say its grayed out in their system.

beta379

Reaction score
Yeah super weird. I even gave them a readout with the codes. They say its grayed out in their system.
It may be because of the other options you chose on the truck not allowing it.

Here is my build out for my truck.
Annotation 2019-09-23 120509.jpg

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
Apparently the Multi function tailgate is all of a sudden unavailable now too. multiple dealers saying this.

my build is very close to yours. Same codes. Delete DMH and DSH and add DSA for anti spin and rambox.

beta379

Reaction score
Apparently the Multi function tailgate is all of a sudden unavailable now too. multiple dealers saying this.

my build is very close to yours. Same codes. Delete DMH and DSH and add DSA for anti spin and rambox.

You can build it online exactly how you want it. Wonder if they oversold their tailgate production! If so, sorry I got the last one HAHA. I will admit there is probably a surge of the tailgate for dealerships to get one that they can show customers. Have you tried multiple dealers? When I was on my search it took me a long time to find a good salesperson that knew what they were doing. After that it was a mater of price showing them exactly what I wanted from the build. Most dealerships said invoice is the best they can do for a build, which is BS.

Out of curiosity why the DSA as it's only $50 more for the DSH electronic version? I wish I could have ordered the 3.55 gear ratio to get a happy median between towing and fuel savings. They don't allow the 3.55 with the eTorque.

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
Cant say im an expert on the DSA/ DSH, but I believe the DSA is more of an "as needed" thing that kicks in vs having to manually turn on?

beta379

Reaction score
Cant say im an expert on the DSA/ DSH, but I believe the DSA is more of an "as needed" thing that kicks in vs having to manually turn on?
I'm no expert on it either but I'm not intending to be off-roading either. My understanding is the DSH is automatic which would make it easier for me since I don't care about slinging mud for fun.

Here is another thread that explains it really well.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Out of curiosity why the DSA as it's only $50 more for the DSH electronic version? I wish I could have ordered the 3.55 gear ratio to get a happy median between towing and fuel savings. They don't allow the 3.55 with the eTorque.

I don't know what DSA and DSH are, but I'm guessing you're talking about anti-spin diff versus e-locker.

E-locker only works when it's turned on - and you would not want to drive around on dry pavement with it on. So, if you're rolling down the road and hit a patch of black ice or a puddle of water deep enough to cause some hydroplaning or whatever, having the e-locker is going to be no different than having an open diff.

hopVIP

Reaction score
Very true. I've had the "normal" anti slip in Rams before and my '01 Cummins does as well. And they perform very well in those situations when you immediately need traction or else your slipping and sliding around. The e locker as you mentioned really is only good when you need full locking all the time. So in the rain and mostly dry roads it's actually a bit unsafe because it won't regulate the torque split and you will start slipping and spinning. But, that's what 4wd is for and can be used with the locker off. So either way you'll still be "safe" on those as needed slippery roads. In my opinion and my thoughts of how it all works, anyway.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even with 4wd if you have open diffs, one front wheel and one rear wheel with no traction means you’re dead in the water.

hopVIP

Reaction score
That's why I always opt for whatever kind of locking doff is available. But my 2500 anti spin axle never slips. It's an LSD that will lock every time it needs to. It loves to stay locked if there's power going to it. Maybe a little too much though

Users who are viewing this thread