5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 Limited To Get Optional Black Appearance Package:

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

beta379

Reaction score
I've been inquiring about this since before the story broke. I should have been nice and posted that my dealer found the codes.

Is there still no pictures of the truck?? I know the rims will be different since it is a different code for them.

DrAudio

Reaction score
I've been inquiring about this since before the story broke. I should have been nice and posted that my dealer found the codes.

Is there still no pictures of the truck?? I know the rims will be different since it is a different code for them.

I ordered that edition the day it became available. It was on a train from Michigan Monday to the Memphis train yard. I’ll post pics when I get it! Here is a bad cellphone pic of a computer monitor of it.
0bc13ff67f9140689247f7e2c9e709e7.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ESSRTEE8

Reaction score
The grill on the Limited appears to have chrome in it. Not entirely black from what I am being told. This to differentiate the Limited from Laramie etc.

DrAudio

Reaction score
The grill on the Limited appears to have chrome in it. Not entirely black from what I am being told. This to differentiate the Limited from Laramie etc.

Where are you seeing that? Did you see my pic?

DavidNJ

Reaction score
I, for one, prefer the non-chrome look on some Big Horn and Laramie models. But they are missing stuff or get so loaded in options they are nearly the same price as a Limited with lower resale (options don't hold value)

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That is one nice looking limited, my wife wanted the chrome on hers but if I ordered it for myself I think I would’ve liked this 2020 black out package.

beta379

Reaction score
I ordered that edition the day it became available. It was on a train from Michigan Monday to the Memphis train yard. I’ll post pics when I get it! Here is a bad cellphone pic of a computer monitor of it.
0bc13ff67f9140689247f7e2c9e709e7.jpeg

Well your dealer was better then all the ones in Houston as no one could tell me what the hell it looked like! They did just post these pictures on Ram website last night. Now I'm curious what step they will put on it with the bed utility group since I also ordered the Multifunction tailgate. So how long was order to delivery? Dealerships around here have said 6-8- weeks! What was the date your ordered?

Attachments

• 2020-DT-VLP-Hero-Desktop-01.jpg.image.1440.jpg
    2020-DT-VLP-Hero-Desktop-01.jpg.image.1440.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 218
  • 2020-DT-VLP-Exterior-Desktop-02.jpg.image.1440.jpg
    2020-DT-VLP-Exterior-Desktop-02.jpg.image.1440.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 236

beta379

Reaction score
This was true for the 2019 version. They wanted to separate the limited from the laramie. The rims on the black appearance are the exclusive limited rims in all black.

Check my post or DrAudio for real pictures. Hell check the real website.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/2020/ram-1500.html

ESSRTEE8

Reaction score
Where are you seeing that? Did you see my pic?

From the Customer Preferred Code Guide for the Limited Black Package.

+ GRILLE-SURR 5 BLACK TEXTURE 7 CHROME (MF6)

It mentions Chrome, while the Laramie, Big Horn Night Package shows this.

+ GRILLE-SURR 3 BLACK TEXTURE 2 BLACK (MFS)

Maybe I am wrong.

beta379

Reaction score
From the Customer Preferred Code Guide for the Limited Black Package.

+ GRILLE-SURR 5 BLACK TEXTURE 7 CHROME (MF6)

It mentions Chrome, while the Laramie, Big Horn Night Package shows this.

+ GRILLE-SURR 3 BLACK TEXTURE 2 BLACK (MFS)

Maybe I am wrong.

OH it's black chrome for the grill. Take a look at the pictures I posted and you can see it's black and not chrome. I can't speak for the night packages, but they may be a matte finish instead of the limited's chrome black.

Cvero23

Reaction score
Will the black appearance package be available on the 2020 Laramie ? Or just night edition?

Blueraptor

Reaction score
Well your dealer was better then all the ones in Houston as no one could tell me what the hell it looked like! They did just post these pictures on Ram website last night. Now I'm curious what step they will put on it with the bed utility group since I also ordered the Multifunction tailgate. So how long was order to delivery? Dealerships around here have said 6-8- weeks! What was the date your ordered?
I wish I would have waited a couple months for this instead of getting a Laramie black.

DrAudio

Reaction score

I ordered on Friday August 9, and got a VIN assigned by August 13. It had an estimated ship date of 8-22 but got loaded on a train a few days after that. I didn’t even know that it was a thing because I was waiting on ordering the billet silver with the multifunction tailgate and silver just came online that morning in limited with the tailgate. When he called though he said that he had just seen a webinar with the black appearance package and it was badass. He also knew that I had said that I wish that I could get a limited with a sport hood and less chrome. That tempted me and he was able to get a pic of a computer monitor and it was enough to make me change my mind! I hope that I don’t regret the extra care of black paint because I am a sportsman and get my current truck dirty during hunting seasons. I can’t wait to see my truck though.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
I would of opted for the limited but at the same time I'm not sad, I want changes...A LOT of them every year. So when I do purchase another truck in about 3-4 years, it will be even better.

Maloneranger

Reaction score
I wish I would have waited a couple months for this instead of getting a Laramie black.
My salesman acted like it was too much trouble to even check and see if he had a air suspension and coil suspension to see the difference for a test ride of both. Also came up grayed out on the check box for ordering the bed package with the Multifunction Tailgate and Ramboxes. Just looked at me until told him the gate was a must have. Then he went and checked and found out how to add it.... Is the middle step included in the Rambox, Multifunction Tailgate, Bed Utility group? Just order a fully loaded Laramie Longhorn with the Black/Tan interior. Would have got the Limited, but that Black/Saddle Tan is just mandatory. Don’t want deer blood on a Limited frost interior. It looks good on Saddle Tan though. Helps darkened it it up with a more reddish tint.

Last edited:

DrAudio

Reaction score
My salesman acted like it was too much trouble to even check and see if he had a air suspension and coil suspension to see the difference for a test ride of both. Also came up grayed out on the check box for ordering the bed package with the Multifunction Tailgate and Ramboxes. Just looked at me until told him the gate was a must have. Then he went and checked and found out how to add it.... Is the middle step included in the Rambox, Multifunction Tailgate, Bed Utility group? Just order a fully loaded Laramie Longhorn with the Black/Tan interior. Would have got the Limited, but that Black/Saddle Tan is just mandatory. Don’t want deer blood on a Limited frost interior. It looks good on Saddle Tan though. Helps darkened it it up with a more reddish tint.

That color scheme you got is slick! From what I understand, the step is not included and not even available yet for the middle step. I tried out at the dealer and easily stepped up at the lower area where the license plate is, so I’m not too disappointed. I got the black leather seats btw.

Maloneranger

Reaction score
That color scheme you got is slick! From what I understand, the step is not included and not even available yet for the middle step. I tried out at the dealer and easily stepped up at the lower area where the license plate is, so I’m not too disappointed. I got the black leather seats btw.

Same here, was easy to use license plate dip in bumper and hand on open door to get in and out of bed. Probably wait another 10 years when I’m 74 to get the step:)

DrAudio

Reaction score
Same here, was easy to use license plate dip in bumper and hand on open door to get in and out of bed. Probably wait another 10 years when I’m 74 to get the step:)

Haven’t you heard? The 2030 Ram is gonna have a version of a Tommy Lift gate or escalator built in!

Users who are viewing this thread