5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storage above 8.4 screen in rebel

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I find that I can put my phone in that slot, especially sideways.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Dust. :D

Who knows what they intended? I was intrigued one day when I lifted out the rubber insert. There are a couple raised bosses that look like they could easily take a self-tapping screw. Pop out the lighter and you have a 12V feed and an opening to thread wiring through. I could see some enterprising person with the skills and 3D printer making a switch module to fit there.

Tones1975

Reaction score
Dust. :D

Who knows what they intended? I was intrigued one day when I lifted out the rubber insert. There are a couple raised bosses that look like they could easily take a self-tapping screw. Pop out the lighter and you have a 12V feed and an opening to thread wiring through. I could see some enterprising person with the skills and 3D printer making a switch module to fit there.
Would be interesting to see something what that space could be used for. I tried leaving my phone in there and it went flying in the first corner. Lol

Grayman5752

Reaction score
b9d730c86adc84ef1284678685015ca9.jpg

This is how I use it for now, til I find something better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
it is for a pen ..

most think the pen holder is under the radio (then get angry when it slides around) LOL

RAMpage

Reaction score
Mechanical pencil. That way it will always work no matter how hot/cold (pens don't handle the winters well here).

Maybe someone with a 3D printer can make one of these for the 2019/2020:
1568027560857.png

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is where I place my E-ZPass. I know, you're suppose to put it on the windshield but I just haven't gotten around to getting a replacement sticker for the now really old E-ZPass unit. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread