5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirror Dimming Not Working

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've started to notice on my drives to work in the morning my Bighorn automatically dims my driver side and rear view mirror a bluish/green color but the passenger side mirror doesn't dim at all. Is this typical for all trim levels or Bighorns? Seems odd that one mirror wouldn't dim.

79 300

Reaction score
The passenger side outside mirror does NOT dim on the Bighorn. I think you need certain option groups, like Level 2 Equipment group to even get the driver side dim like you have. It was listed as part of the Black Appearance package when I ordered mine. I believe both sides dim on higher trims, like the Limited.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No right mirror dimming on the Limited.

Just searching for more info found a number of other FCA models that don't dim on the passenger side either.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What they said. Looking at the build sheet of my Level 1 Laramie, it clearly says "Auto Dim Exterior Driver Mirror". However, I also have "Auto Dim Exterior Passenger Mirror" listed. So, it appears that this must be an installed option. You should check out your build sheet and keep a copy; it's a good way to keep track of everything on your truck.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm finding that other vehicles, including Mercedes Benz, BMW, and Chevy also don't have dimming passenger mirrors. I wonder if it's a regulatory safety issue?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No right mirror dimming on the Limited.

Just searching for more info found a number of other FCA models that don't dim on the passenger side either.

Hate to do this to you but my Limited passenger mirror dims. Just like the driver's side. No idea why there's a difference.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This has been discussed on this forum before. Limited version have dimming on both sides....not sure about Laramie but Big Horns have dimming on just the driver's side.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
This has been discussed on this forum before. Limited version have dimming on both sides....not sure about Laramie but Big Horns have dimming on just the driver's side.

Laramie here with black appearance package . Pax sire mirror does not dim. It’s dumb, but true

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like another place to skimp on costs for FCA. I’d be curious to know what it saves them to not put a passenger side dimming mirror in.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Laramie has both side mirrors and rear mirror that auto dim. Been searching through the different packages, but can’t seem to find which one includes the three mirrors dimming feature.

Autoplay

Reaction score
All three mirrors of my truck dim. Can be turned on/off in settings if so desired. Truck specs in my sig.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Yah but which package on Laramie gets all 3 mirrors dimmed? Must be something like the row mirror, you add something and it changes your pax mirror. Ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread