5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frozen 12” screen

Reaction score
So I thought this wouldn’t happen to me because mine was a later built (May 2019). 2019 limited (keep this in mind for later).

But had a frozen screen with the climate control screen got stuck. Did everything but nothing worked.

So I pulled out the positive battery terminal and it worked. BUT!!!! The software seems like it’s from the low end trim. Like all red - seems like it’s from a Rebel trim. Also no XM, no backup camera, no cool and heated seats.

What the heck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grayman5752

Reaction score
We’ve been seeing a lot of these 12” Uconnects coming in like this. Even after replacing the radio, they still act funny. We found the only way to get them working properly again is doing a reset of the SGM, BCM and radio with the scan tool, then allowing the bus to go to sleep for approx 15-30 minutes. Everything has worked after that.

Grayman5752

Reaction score
And the font on my dash is different.

After all the modules are reset, configuration restored, and the bus goes through a full sleep cycle everyone should be on the same page. If the font is different after all that, just go into settings > display > themes and change it to the one you want. You may have to let it go through another sleep cycle to save the changes.

wvinson

Reaction score
Mine froze on the backup camera, but after shutting down engine and locking, it went back to normal after restarting.

Reaction score
Thanks. Mine went back to normal after going to the mall. The hate and love with technology.

Users who are viewing this thread