5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best half-ton snow tires

smonska

Reaction score
I spend a lot of time towing snowmobiles in crappy ice/snow conditions, also to keep the 20" chromes out of the salt in the winter, I'm picking up some 18" rims to mount snow tires.

My usual go-to of General Altimax Arctics I loved on my old Cummins aren't offered in half-ton sizes (load range E only), so what dedicated snows have folks had good luck with on 1500s? I'm thinking of going a little narrower than stock with a 255/70R18 .

spaightlabs

Reaction score
What's wrong with load range E? My Laramie came with 'E' rated tires stock, and I'm replacing them with E-rated tires today.

I lied...my Falken Wildpeaks are not 'E' tires...but my new ones are gonna be. :cool:

Last edited:

CMENT

Reaction score
I run load E Coopers. Just get the load E Generals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

skylineguv

Reaction score
There's a 265/70R18 available in Nokian's new for this season Hakkapeliitta LT3...it's also studdable.
The tread design seems to have finally caught up to the Hakka 9 SUV and Hakka R3 SUV. The non-studded R3 is also availabe in 255/70R18, but with a 113 load rating. Have had the Hakka 9 studded tires on a few vehicles and they are fantastic in the conditions I experience here in Southern Alberta.

brody.cepeaux

Reaction score
I have run Hankook iPike Rw11 on several trucks. Great performance for me in winter deep snow and highway for ice. I also like the Michelin m/s 2 as they have great highway performance on ice but lack in snow due to more shallow snow chanelling. Blizzaks are good for ice and highway but are really poor in deep powder snow. My wife runs the classic KO2 on her wrangler and they shred snow but are not great on ice. Again the iPike is my top choice. Living in the Rocky Mountains in canada.

Users who are viewing this thread