5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SIRIUSXM

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone subscribed to any Sirius packages other than the All Access that came as a free trial with our trucks? If so, any issues?

RustyDog559

Reaction score
I have an ancient lifetime subscription that I can move from vehicle to vehicle. When I transferred to my 2019 1500 Sirius cancelled the “trial” account and also cancelled the five years of both the Real Time Traffic and Traffic Link.

If you’re going to subscribe to anything other than what they give in the trial make sure it will not cancel the data services or you’re going to end up paying extra for it. Otherwise, you’re going to be waiting in dispute hell with their customer service while it is fixed.

Doesn’t seem to be unique to the Lifetime service I have either. A friend had the same when he downgraded the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have an ancient lifetime subscription that I can move from vehicle to vehicle. When I transferred to my 2019 1500 Sirius cancelled the “trial” account and also cancelled the five years of both the Real Time Traffic and Traffic Link.

If you’re going to subscribe to anything other than what they give in the trial make sure it will not cancel the data services or you’re going to end up paying extra for it. Otherwise, you’re going to be waiting in dispute hell with their customer service while it is fixed.

Doesn’t seem to be unique to the Lifetime service I have either. A friend had the same when he downgraded the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info.

TwinSac

Reaction score
I'm getting emails daily offering $60/year ($5/month) if I subscribed for another year.

This is the first time I've ever had satellite radio so I'm not really using it much.

I like the travel feature but most phones are capable of anything similar. But for $5/month I'm considering it. I don't want to interrupt my current free 12 month trial though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't do anything until your free trial is up. I've had Sirius for years and you will get a better deal if you wait until your subscription is ended/ending. One thing they do not want to do is have you quit. They know that people that leave will probably never come back.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm getting emails daily offering $60/year ($5/month) if I subscribed for another year.

This is the first time I've ever had satellite radio so I'm not really using it much.

I like the travel feature but most phones are capable of anything similar. But for $5/month I'm considering it. I don't want to interrupt my current free 12 month trial though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
If you can get $60/year for All Access which is what came with the free trial jump on it. The lowest I’ve ever seen for that plan is $99/year which is still an incredible rate. All Access full price is around $320 (clearly not at all worth it) but you can usually get it for around $120.

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
To get the $60 a year deal you have to give them your credit card number and agree to the full price when it comes due in a year. I guess you could cancel after a year if you remember to, otherwise they will automatically charge your credit card.

Maple

Reaction score
Watch the fine print, too, sometimes that $60 ends up being closer to $90 with random fees.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To get the $60 a year deal you have to give them your credit card number and agree to the full price when it comes due in a year. I guess you could cancel after a year if you remember to, otherwise they will automatically charge your credit card.
You can always agree to the full price then call right before it expires and threaten to cancel. I ask to be billed so they don’t have a credit card to automatically charge. It adds a bit of leverage.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use a credit card; I just go into my Google calendar about 350 days into the future and put "Cancel Sirius". Then the next year I get the calendar reminder about 2 weeks before they charge my card.

Ranger482

Reaction score
I use a credit card; I just go into my Google calendar about 350 days into the future and put "Cancel Sirius". Then the next year I get the calendar reminder about 2 weeks before they charge my card.
Me as well, usually set for two weeks before the expiration and then call to cancel and start the negotiations. Usually takes a round or two to get down to the lowest price.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I renewed mine about a month ago. They have on their site a banner for all access for $5/mo for a year (for new customers). And I asked for that, even though I am an existing customer, and I got it. Total price was $72 after fees/taxes.

drstein

Reaction score
Last car had it free for a year. They constantly send you offers. Had the Ram a month, already mailed me an offer ( trash) Best one was last car, 6 months for 30.00, 1 year for 99.99.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I renewed mine about a month ago. They have on their site a banner for all access for $5/mo for a year (for new customers). And I asked for that, even though I am an existing customer, and I got it. Total price was $72 after fees/taxes.
I just checked the Sirius site and there is no banner advertising $5/mon. Was it a promo from last month?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I just checked the Sirius site and there is no banner advertising $5/mon. Was it a promo from last month?
It may have been. I have not checked the site in a few weeks. Just wait. They are like Harbor Freight. A sale every other day... :p

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It may have been. I have not checked the site in a few weeks. Just wait. They are like Harbor Freight. A sale every other day... :p
I just checked again and no $60 deal. I got a year for $99 and am fine with that given they wanted $120. It’s still a good deal.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I just checked again and no $60 deal. I got a year for $99 and am fine with that given they wanted $120. It’s still a good deal.
You won't see it on any site, just call them before your subscription ends and tell them you want to cancel. The deals will magically start to appear ;)

Reactions: MJP

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
With the streaming abilities these days with a smartphone I'd let it lapse. Also I find the sound quality of XM is lacking compared to other audio sources

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score

I've been doing this for years. Just go to privacy.com and use a virtual CC number and they won't be able to charge. Call back at the end of your term and say you want to cancel, then they'll offer you the same promo. I do the $5/mo for a year.

Reactions: MJP

Users who are viewing this thread