5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my Ceramic Pro Coating done (Silver Package)! Looks great...I hope it lasts as advertised!

Looks great!
Mine came with the Platinum version .. I like it .. now if they will just take care of the 2 inches of water I get inside the cab when it rains LOL

reigninslayer

Reaction score
Was looking for a storage solution for the bed so things wouldn’t slide around. Came across these bins in Home Depot. Bins cost $11 each and the ratcheting bar was about $20.

64ac9aab963389ac0b69605bcdbff254.jpg
3bd53e9aec400f8257f9824ee22cefb0.jpg
445b123fc05e3fa50f2bb4d4631505d0.jpg

Bins

Bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These bins work great with the bar. They even have pre-drilled holes near the top of each bin which made it easy to secure them to the bar with black zip ties. There is even a notch above each pre-drilled hole that keeps the zip tie from sliding back and forth. The left and right sides of the bins fit snug under the cargo bed rails as previously mentioned.
1fcb4b6f7f6391fa6b84c82fa32733ce.jpg
26c47fede729ed2c92e68f3e4df62492.jpg

TNSmokee

Reaction score
How does it sound and any drone issues? Do you have a video clip?

Thanks

I don't have one but it sounds exactly like the others. That is how I made my decision. I have a 2013 F-150 with a MagnaFlow and my more importantly my 2017 GMC had a MagnaFlow. The GMC went into v4 mode too so I was use to the helicopter sound. The Ram is really no different there when it comes to hearing a difference when it switches into 4cyl mode. It doesn't bother me enough to not enjoy the rest of it. I've had loud and obnoxious and I've had just barely noticeable. This is perfect for me. Startup is great and quiet downs pretty quickly. WOT is perfect but to me and this is to me the best is second and third climbing an incline. IF the v4 helicopter is too much then run the gear down to -8. On my GMC I had to run it in 7th gear up to the point I programmed it to turn off v4 mode. This one just isn't that bad to me.

TNSmokee

Reaction score
Picked her up this morning after a week in the shop. I had a water leak. One service writer said sharkfin and one said 3rd brake light. Ended up being the drain tube grommet from the rear cabin had separated and causing the leak. Hopefully that's it. I attached the picture that my service writer sent me in case someone else has an issue.
Sunroof.JPG

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Biggest project time-wise was plasti-dipping my stock Laramie 20" wheels black. I hat the stock rims, but they look better black at least until I can afford a new set of wheels. I also installed a Hellwig Sway Bar, and a Pedal Commander. Finished the weekend off with a few trim items. Gotta say, she's coming coming along............... perfection takes time!

Attachments

• 20190819_104947.jpg
    20190819_104947.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 20190819_105016.jpg
    20190819_105016.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 20190819_104959.jpg
    20190819_104959.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 20190819_105027.jpg
    20190819_105027.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 20190819_105046.jpg
    20190819_105046.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 212

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Biggest project time-wise was plasti-dipping my stock Laramie 20" wheels black. I hat the stock rims, but they look better black at least until I can afford a new set of wheels. I also installed a Hellwig Sway Bar, and a Pedal Commander. Finished the weekend off with a few trim items. Gotta say, she's coming coming along............... perfection takes time!
Awesome job. Congrats.

19BlkRam

Reaction score
You ever get pulled over with tint that dark? Im in davie an thought about doing it but im not sure.

Nope, I do have the sunroof on this truck though so it allows a bit more light to show up on the truck. Ive tinted all my vehicles this way and have never had any issues but then again I don't call much attention to myself driving (Speeding, Smoking etc...)

Take a picture before doing the tints of your truck for your records ;);)
worst case scenario you give the guy at the tint counter $20 bucks for a receipt that you had the window tint removed and you have photo evidence that the car no longer has tints applied..

Ive never done this before but If I had to this is what I would do ;)

Helmetface

Reaction score
These bins work great with the bar. They even have pre-drilled holes near the top of each bin which made it easy to secure them to the bar with black zip ties. There is even a notch above each pre-drilled hole that keeps the zip tie from sliding back and forth. The left and right sides of the bins fit snug under the cargo bed rails as previously mentioned.
1fcb4b6f7f6391fa6b84c82fa32733ce.jpg
26c47fede729ed2c92e68f3e4df62492.jpg

Flush cut those ties before someone loses an eye!

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good Job!!! (y)

When I used plasti-dip on my fender flares, I kept getting orange peel..

Did you do this with cans?

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. It's a Rubbermaid that I have customized by adding the metal hooks to hang the large brushes, and also drilled holes behind the handle to hang the brush holder.
These carts are awesome. Not the cheapest, but they will last a lifetime.

View attachment 33836

View attachment 33838
Where did you get that brush set?

I suppose you use those for the tight spots in the wheels... :geek:

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Good Job!!! (y)

When I used plasti-dip on my fender flares, I kept getting orange peel..

Did you do this with cans?
I did. I failed to mention that the first two tires were a disaster. I was holding the cans too far away and wasn't wetting it enough. I ended up with a tremendous amount of texture. I had to remove the dip on those two tires and start over from scratch which cost me a lot of labor and time. Fortunately, time, patience, practice, and no less than a dozen you tube videos later, I was able to get results that I was pleased with. I used approx. 1 can of black per wheel and 2 cans of gloss enhancer. In all, it was 1 base coat, 4 wet coats, and 3 gloss coats. Now to be careful in taking care of them. Not sure how durable they are.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did. I failed to mention that the first two tires were a disaster. I was holding the cans too far away and wasn't wetting it enough. I ended up with a tremendous amount of texture. I had to remove the dip on those two tires and start over from scratch which cost me a lot of labor and time. Fortunately, time, patience, practice, and no less than a dozen you tube videos later, I was able to get results that I was pleased with. I used approx. 1 can of black per wheel and 2 cans of gloss enhancer. In all, it was 1 base coat, 4 wet coats, and 3 gloss coats. Now to be careful in taking care of them. Not sure how durable they are.
You did a Great Job... You must be patient...

I heard that it takes about a month for them to cure and harden up. This hot heat should help you with your cause... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread