5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram Rebel with Split Tailgate and Black out package

AlphaOmega4

Reaction score
Just stopped by my local Ram Dealer to check out trading my 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited X in on a Rebel.

They had a 2020 in stock. All Black, black out package and the new split tailgate.

If It had been Grey or White with the black bottom , Pano Rood , larger fuel tank and the level 2 package and air suspension I would've pulled the trigger. It did have the 12 " screen package but just wasn't what I was looking for.

With that being said , it was a sharp looking truck and while the split tailgate seems to be somewhat controversial I think it makes a nice edition for use.

I am looking to trade my JGC in b/c the limited X didn't have the tow package. I had dealer add the stock tow hitch and wiring set up however new to towing I found that the towing rate was greatly reduced even witht the 5.7 hemi, missing out on the extras the manager failed to tell me about before purchase. but all good. I have at least identified a truck I will be trading it in on .

enough of that... on to the pics....

Attachments

• Ram1.jpg
    Ram1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 205
  • Ram2.jpg
    Ram2.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Ram3.jpg
    Ram3.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 200
  • Ram4.jpg
    Ram4.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 197

AlphaOmega4

Reaction score
a few more...

Also one last question for the Forum... I really enjoy the Hemi in my Jeep..

Would you go Hemi or Hemi plus Etorque?

I will be adding the air suspension either way... I am going to just have mine built as I highly doubt they will have exactly what I want on the dealer lot at any point.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Ram5.jpg
    Ram5.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 165
  • Ram6.jpg
    Ram6.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 171
  • Ram7.jpg
    Ram7.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 188
  • Ram8.jpg
    Ram8.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 184

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh wow... I didn't notice that before... Black Out Package deletes the red Rebel trim. Not really sure how I feel about that. I've truly come to love it in my truck.

YawnY

Reaction score
Oh wow... I didn't notice that before... Black Out Package deletes the red Rebel trim. Not really sure how I feel about that. I've truly come to love it in my truck.
Ya the red trim really sets the rebel apart. Everyone who looks at the inside of my truck loves it.

ryco25

Reaction score
I spent more powder coating my wheels and plasti-dipping my badge/skid plate than the whole new blackout package costs...that is so upsetting haha. I still have red accents on the interior thought so thats a win?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting to know about the lack of red interior. A lot of people were complaining about it, curious to see how they sell now.

The tailgate.... I’m super jealous. I want it. I played with it at dealer last weekend. Would be really useful to have. Can almost reach all the way to the back by just leaning in

JHRebel

Reaction score
The red interior bits get constant praise from people that see my truck, honestly this looks ok but way too bland for me, the black thing is a bit played imho.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks cheap lol. Limited black interior is legit. This looks like a mid trim model where you first get leather seats. Which I guess it is lol. But It shows. At least the Laramie has the rest of the interior styling

robe2388

Reaction score
Well, there it is for people that didn’t like the red interior. I love my interior, and my exterior color. No RAGRETS! Tailgate looks nice, but it wouldn’t be a dealbreaker for me personally.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wondered how they were going to do the "RAM" on the tailgate. I like the "RAM" better that the head. :giggle:
And the RA would have fit just fine on the 60 side and the M on the 40 side and still be aligned I’m sure. This was just for ease of production I’m sure

DavidNJ

Reaction score
Between the corner braces making fitting some tonneau covers difficult to the doors blocking part of the bed, it really looks like it was designed for the Rambox added to the conventional bed latter. At the announcement, all the examples were Rambox.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, add me to the list of people who don't like the split tail gate. I mean, is it really that hard to drop the tailgate and load something? It just looks off to me.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you are missing the point of the tailgate. It’s to be able to reach into the bed. It’s also ALOT more convenient for lifted trucks or with a bed cover.

You can’t reach anything in the bed with the tailgate down, and with a cover, now you gotta drop the tailgate, climb under the cover to reach back or open it up.

If you work out of the back of the truck or any activity where you are constantly needing to get in and out of the bed, this could potentially be so much easier.

The tailgate is WAY LESS offensive in person than the ramboxes Imo. Talk about something that looks stupid.

DavidNJ

Reaction score
I agree that it is useful, but an afterthought by FCA for conventional beds. We disagree on RamBoxes

b1gj0n44

Reaction score
I guess the split tailgate is nice for functionality purposes... i am just not a fan of the look when its closed. Looks like someone got mad at you and cut a line down your tailgate. Same reason i am not a fan of the Rambox either.... the smoother the lines the better IMO

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They should have just made it one big swing gate not split. But that might be patented by Honda for the Ridgeline.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They should have just made it one big swing gate not split. But that might be patented by Honda for the Ridgeline.
I think for the mildly OCD minded... like me... a single gate, or a 50/50 gate would be much more pleasing to the eye. The 60/40 split drives me crazy to look at, but I poked around at a truck with it right before I made my purchase in July. Loved the functionality, truly. To me, it seemed really sturdy and well engineered. For example, the tailgate frame in "Door Mode", that looks like it lines up with Ram Boxes, actually folds down when you use it as a regular tailgate... giving the same or similar access to the bed as a normal gate. It's a cool slight-of-hand.

Users who are viewing this thread