5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Returning Ram Owner and Excited to be here!

natew51

Reaction score
I'm returning to truck life after selling my 2013 Ram Sport (Lucile) and taking a two year hiatus from RAM ownership and couldn't be happier. On Wednesday I picked up a '19 RAM Limited (Betty) in Ivory Tri Coat and 22" wheels. However she won't be staying factory for long. Here are the items rec'd or on order this far.

- Color matched mirror caps
- Black hood bezels
- Black RAM door logo's
- Black RAM head tailgate emblem
- Revel Links
- Daystar Spacers
- Ordering wheels wrapped in 33 x 12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers this week once I determine the wheel.
- Window surrounds will be wrapped in black and front windows tinted.
- Chrome door runners and remaining chrome lettering on tailgate will be removed.
- Still trying to figure out how to color match the grill....harder than it looks.

Can't wait to complete the truck and will post pictures at that time. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
welcome (back)! Keep us posted on the mods. Go grab this extra rebate (no strings) to use towards some of that

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):
https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

AgitatedK9

Reaction score
I'm returning to truck life after selling my 2013 Ram Sport (Lucile) and taking a two year hiatus from RAM ownership and couldn't be happier. On Wednesday I picked up a '19 RAM Limited (Betty) in Ivory Tri Coat and 22" wheels. However she won't be staying factory for long. Here are the items rec'd or on order this far.

- Color matched mirror caps
- Black hood bezels
- Black RAM door logo's
- Black RAM head tailgate emblem
- Revel Links
- Daystar Spacers
- Ordering wheels wrapped in 33 x 12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers this week once I determine the wheel.
- Window surrounds will be wrapped in black and front windows tinted.
- Chrome door runners and remaining chrome lettering on tailgate will be removed.
- Still trying to figure out how to color match the grill....harder than it looks.

Can't wait to complete the truck and will post pictures at that time. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Color me stupid, but where did you find the black emblems/ color match mirror caps I'm trying to delete as much of the chrome as I can, Also do you know if removing the door runners will leave holes?

natew51

Reaction score
Color me stupid, but where did you find the black emblems/ color match mirror caps I'm trying to delete as much of the chrome as I can, Also do you know if removing the door runners will leave holes?

Sorry for the late reply...I thought I would get an email notification or something...didnt realize I would need to come back and check.

The black letters are all OE Mopar. Best deal I found was on eBay through a dealer that sells on there. It is Avondale Dodge Jeep RAM in Avondale AZ. They have been great to work with!

natew51

Reaction score

Hit submit too quick. Mirror caps also came from Avondale. Have to remove mirror glass to change them. Busted the passenger mirror which I'm told is super common. Bought one of those from Avondale as well....argh!

No holes under rails...here is a photo. 31019

natew51

Reaction score
Hey All,
Well, been a couple of months but all done....I think! Might still do some blacking out of the grill, but other than that. Couldnt be happier...love this thing!
33768 33769 33770

RaysFanBoy

Reaction score
Definitely a lot different than any other Limited that I’ve seen. Job well done.

Delz

Reaction score
Did you wrap the grill and the window trim?

natew51

Reaction score
Did you wrap the grill and the window trim?

I actually left the window trim. I may still do it, but I would wrap it gloss black to match the pillars of the door.

The issue is the door handles have chrome so unless I bought Laramie ones, and took the doors apart, I wouldnt get rid of all the chrome anyway.

At this point I'm pretty satisfied w the outcome so I should probably leave well enough alone. :)

AgitatedK9

Reaction score
What are the wheel dimensions you went with

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

natew51

Reaction score
What are the wheel dimensions you went with

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

22x10 -24 w 33x12.5

No rubbing to speak of. Actually it rubbed one time backing up w a full lock to the left. But otherwise all good.

Users who are viewing this thread