5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inez 3/5 lowering kit installed

SupremeWill

Reaction score
Installed an Inez 3/5 lowering kit with helper bags in the rear. I am in LOVE with my truck all over again. I know this is not for everybody and plenty of people are going to say i ruined it but it is my truck and this is how i like it. The ride is great and this is not an entry level install. But it is a quality kit.

IMG_20190814_194504483.jpg IMG_20190815_090213022.jpg IMG_20190815_090244426.jpg

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s an issue of people not liking it. As we all know by now we aren’t going to like everything that everyone does in life. The key thing as you’ve stated it’s your truck and you can do as you please. I’m just happy that you kit you’ve installed meets and exceeds all of your expectations. :)

Chavez98

Reaction score
Awesome looking truck and stance. We share similar taste. How is the ride?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it’s legit. I want one with a blower lol.

But I think the stance is off a bit, the front is too low to have that much rake. I think it would look better as a 2/5 or 3/6. Just my two cents.

Well done though. Are you doing wheels?

Grayman5752

Reaction score
I’d have done the same, just milder if I had 2WD. But I opted for 4x4, so up I go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awd1990tsi

Reaction score
Looks good, I’ve been considering removing my lift kit and instead getting the inez 4/6 drop. Just been trying to decide what wheel specs I’d need to go with if I do lower it. And also trying to figure out how I’ll adapt my air lift 5000 helper bags with the significant drop.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
I think it’s legit. I want one with a blower lol.

But I think the stance is off a bit, the front is too low to have that much rake. I think it would look better as a 2/5 or 3/6. Just my two cents.

Well done though. Are you doing wheels?

After talking with the distributor i figured out i did a 4/5 drop. I need to bring the front up an inch. The had some plates in the kit but i had no idea what they were for. Turns out they are spacer plates for the front, 4 inch drop without them and 3 inch drop with them.

No wheels, I had factory 18" wheels and swapped to these. I did not find anything aftermarket i liked.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
Looks good, I’ve been considering removing my lift kit and instead getting the inez 4/6 drop. Just been trying to decide what wheel specs I’d need to go with if I do lower it. And also trying to figure out how I’ll adapt my air lift 5000 helper bags with the significant drop.

Just a heads up with the 4/6 you have to do some serious cutting on the rear axle that would be really hard to reverse. That is why i went 3/5.

SupremeWill

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s an issue of people not liking it. As we all know by now we aren’t going to like everything that everyone does in life. The key thing as you’ve stated it’s your truck and you can do as you please. I’m just happy that you kit you’ve installed meets and exceeds all of your expectations. :)

Thanks for your response. I lowered my 4th gen the same and when i posted pictures i got alot of haters telling me it was ruined

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought you could just do the relocation brackets for the 4/6? Does it need a notch?

Are you going to put the spacers in then?

Senior Chief

Reaction score
I really like the lowered look. I want to do a 2 / 4 drop.
The Inez kit is nice but a little expensive. I called BellTech and they are developing a kit with no idea when it will be available.
I think that you can change the front coils only to achieve a 2” drop in the front without having the change the upper/lower control arms.
What I can’t believe is that there isn’t a coil already out there that meets all the current front coil specs such as wire size, ID, OD, spring rate but 2” shorter.
Has anyone looked into or researched that.
Appreciate your input.

RamSco

Reaction score
Installed an Inez 3/5 lowering kit with helper bags in the rear. I am in LOVE with my truck all over again. I know this is not for everybody and plenty of people are going to say i ruined it but it is my truck and this is how i like it. The ride is great and this is not an entry level install. But it is a quality kit.

View attachment 33630 View attachment 33631 View attachment 33632
I went the other direction but this truck looks awesome. Very cool.

LoRAM

Reaction score
Welcome to the club! Beware of incline/decline on interstate bridges, I’ve nearly rubbed through some spots of my front fender liners after 9 months. I’m not thrilled with the rake, a local shop wanted to shim slightly, but was waiting to hear back from IHC... the spacers were installed correctly on mine.

Attachments

• F46B21FA-337F-4CA5-A063-5F72961EB5C2.jpeg
    F46B21FA-337F-4CA5-A063-5F72961EB5C2.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 116

chad202

Reaction score
looks good. I’ve always rathered a lowered truck. Less fender well space always makes a truck look better. I just don’t want to go that low. Waiting patiently for a 2/4 drop.

Last edited:

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha

The reason I asked about wheels is because the offset on the stock wheels is too weak I think. A small spacer to bring those factory 22s out to a hair before the fender would really set it off I think. Although I don’t know if I would really put spacers on my truck, and I assume most people feel the same about them.

Users who are viewing this thread