5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4x4 Off Road Package - What are my lift options?

DAWNHAMMER

Reaction score
I've looked at a few kits that state that they are not compatible with the Off Road package because of the 1" lift. I'm not mechanically inclined so I have a couple few novice questions if somebody might enlighten me.

1. What do I need to look for when looking for a kit so I can be sure it's going to work

2. If the vehicle has a 1" already and from what I understand it's due to the shocks being replaced, does that mean if I put a 3.5" kit that the lift will be 4.5" over factory so long as I retain the shocks from the off road package?

Thank you for any help, and for answering what might seem to most as a common sense type of question. For me unfortunately, it is not so common sensical.

R

Rob5589

There is the Ready Lift 3.5. Skip the pre-load spacers on the off road group per RL.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The lift is from the spring. So basically any normal 6” lift kit will reuse the factory strut and be 1” higher than the standard trucks. That being said, a lot of them come with a top strut spacer and a preload spacer (goes inside the strut assembly). You can simply leave the preload spacer out. It’s usually only for 1-1.5” anyways.

Or just run the kit with all of it, I highly doubt it will cause any issues with an extra 1” spring. If you are really worried about it, just get the readylift UCA too.

Another option is a kit that has replacement coilovers like the fabtech dirt logic kit. Since you are replacing the strut, your factory lift is no longer an issue.

I’d i had my lift installed, I’d show you but I don’t. I’m planning to run the full pro comp kit with the readylift UCA (on my rebel). Even going forward, I’m planning to replace them with coilovers and them in the 7.5” range.

If you are asking about the readylift kit, just buy the 66-1921 kit (I believe it is) that has the top strut spacer 2” and the UCA. You CANNOT use the full 3.5” readylift on the pre-lifted trucks for the reasons you mentioned, it’s be 4.5” without a diff drop or longer spindle. That’s a no go, even 3.5” is a stretch. 2.5-3” is a safer range.

flynfish

Reaction score
The lift is from the spring. So basically any normal 6” lift kit will reuse the factory strut and be 1” higher than the standard trucks. That being said, a lot of them come with a top strut spacer and a preload spacer (goes inside the strut assembly). You can simply leave the preload spacer out. It’s usually only for 1-1.5” anyways.

Or just run the kit with all of it, I highly doubt it will cause any issues with an extra 1” spring. If you are really worried about it, just get the readylift UCA too.

Another option is a kit that has replacement coilovers like the fabtech dirt logic kit. Since you are replacing the strut, your factory lift is no longer an issue.

I’d i had my lift installed, I’d show you but I don’t. I’m planning to run the full pro comp kit with the readylift UCA (on my rebel). Even going forward, I’m planning to replace them with coilovers and them in the 7.5” range.

If you are asking about the readylift kit, just buy the 66-1921 kit (I believe it is) that has the top strut spacer 2” and the UCA. You CANNOT use the full 3.5” readylift on the pre-lifted trucks for the reasons you mentioned, it’s be 4.5” without a diff drop or longer spindle. That’s a no go, even 3.5” is a stretch. 2.5-3” is a safer range.

In the comments section for 66-1921 they say not for use with off toad package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s Just a misprint and/or reused verbiage from the 3.5” kit. It even says fits rebels right in the product description.

If you look and read this

It’s the same thing....

Last edited:

RamSco

Reaction score
I've looked at a few kits that state that they are not compatible with the Off Road package because of the 1" lift. I'm not mechanically inclined so I have a couple few novice questions if somebody might enlighten me.

1. What do I need to look for when looking for a kit so I can be sure it's going to work

2. If the vehicle has a 1" already and from what I understand it's due to the shocks being replaced, does that mean if I put a 3.5" kit that the lift will be 4.5" over factory so long as I retain the shocks from the off road package?

Thank you for any help, and for answering what might seem to most as a common sense type of question. For me unfortunately, it is not so common sensical.
In my opinion, it’s bit of a crap shoot with ORP. On YouTube, there is a guy that installed the 6” Fabtech coilover on his ORP (see 1500 Overland). He also replaced the ORP rear springs with factory non-ORP but still ended up raked in the back. I installed the BDS 6” spacer lift including preload spacers in front. BDS replaces factory rear springs with their own. Mine ended up slightly high in front. Silversurfer installed the ProComp 6” spacer lift including preload spacers on his Rebel. Procomp also spacer lifts the rear springs so his factory rear height is theoretically 1” higher than stock + lift. He appears to be riding really close to level.

Attachments

• CA93A088-6918-46EC-8228-707517C8679C.jpeg
    CA93A088-6918-46EC-8228-707517C8679C.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 77

Mr. Matty

Reaction score
Hello - New to the Forum, but NOT new to Rams....

So I just purchased a 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab with the Off Road Package (ORG) and have the 1" factory lift.

I am going to go with the Ready Lift Upper Control Arms.

My question is: Has anyone substituted 2.5" top hat spacers up front instead of the 2" that Ready Lift supplies in kit # 66-1921.

Am I risking anything or potentially creating issues with that extra 1/2"?

I was going to use the Fabtech 2.5" spacers instaed of the Readylift 2".

And then use the Fabtech 1" spacers in the back....

Thank you for any and all help.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would keep it at 2, the extra half inch isn’t going to be that noticeable and not worth the risk IMO.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you.
Anyone else...?

I have the 2" level on my ORG. I have about 3/4" higher in the rear than the front. Perfect for my situation as I tow about 3k lbs boat regularly. Now you may be thinking, I'm not going to tow and you want perfect level.....don't do it! At a 3/4" difference, it looks damn level but the tape measure proves different. If you use those 2 1/2" spacers, it's going to look odd even though the tape measure may prove you right.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the 2" level on my ORG. I have about 3/4" higher in the rear than the front. Perfect for my situation as I tow about 3k lbs boat regularly. Now you may be thinking, I'm not going to tow and you want perfect level.....don't do it! At a 3/4" difference, it looks damn level but the tape measure proves different. If you use those 2 1/2" spacers, it's going to look odd even though the tape measure may prove you right.
Good advice. SO MANY “level” trucks look nose-high. The body lines won’t look right with a true level.

Users who are viewing this thread