5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Gotta be careful on this forum!

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some folks post helpful info, some folks post how much fun their trucks are, and some just want to complain to anyone that will pay attention.

I had a front end 'clunk' and this forum was more helpful than the Ram service network. It took multiple visits to convince them the problem was the sway bar end links. Once the Star case # was posted here, I was able to bring that to the dealership and the problem was finally fixed.

My truck is running great and I'm really happy with it. If the forum got too negative, I'd probably dump the forum before I dumped the truck. ;)

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This can happen, but this forum is also really helpful for when issues pop up you can hone in on them faster. For example my truck was making a clanking noise randomly over bumps and turns, found some members on here had loose front end sway bar link bolts and decided to check mine. Got under the truck and it was hand tight and moved when the truck was moved. Easily solution through others experiences.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a speck of dirt embedded in the paint on my left lower passenger door. Should I take my truck in and demand that FCA repaint the entire truck or should I just return it for Lemon Law? I can't decide.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do feel bad for all the folks with issues and am glad some have found sympathy and/or resolutions on the forum.
However, I really love my Ram and am afraid if I keep reading other's issues, I may start finding issues with my truck, that I never would have noticed. Ignorance is bliss...and I am enjoying my honeymoon period.
This forum can be addicting, so I just need to be more selective of the posts I read. ;-)
:D If you read the internet long enough you'll find out you have several different types of terminal cancer, impotence, itchy foot disease, lemon vehicles and the wrong political view.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
My biggest regret is that I didn't spend as much time researching the issues on this forum as I did the price negotiated from MSRP when shopping for my truck back in June. While I scored an awesome 30% discount, I wound up with a truck that suffers from the shimmy, shimmy shakes over 50 mph making it nearly undriveable, along with a very uneven air suspension that does very little to soak up bumps in the road, not to mention, requiring the A/C Hack. Had I paid closer attention, I would have made sure to 1) not get a truck with air suspension, and 2) make damn sure that the truck drove like the dream luxury vehicle that others have reported. That to me would have been worth waiting for over rushing to save an extra 5-10% before the June sales event ended. I still love my truck, and I'm hopeful that the problems are something that eventually someone will find a solution for (Is it the suspension? Is it the transmission? Is it the wheels? Is it the drive shaft? Is it the battery terminal? So many theories to choose from. Eventually, someone will either fix it or hack it!) If not, I guess I'll hope that 30% discount parlays into a nice trade value in a few years towards a mid-cycle refresh!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

R

Rob5589

:D If you read the internet long enough you'll find out you have several different types of terminal cancer, impotence, itchy foot disease, lemon vehicles and the wrong political view.
:ROFLMAO: 100% true! I have been in EMS for 27 years and have had countless, "I checked online and..." Dude, it's just a cold, not ebola!

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
I have a speck of dirt embedded in the paint on my left lower passenger door. Should I take my truck in and demand that FCA repaint the entire truck or should I just return it for Lemon Law? I can't decide.
No. The easiest thing to do is cause some self-inflicted damage to your truck somewhere else so it will take your mind off that paint. Here’s what I did. I was showing a coworker my new truck. Explaining the automatic tailgate function, I expertly pressed the remote and the tailgate dropped, but it suddenly stopped at about 30 degrees. Puzzled, we went to the back to discover the gate resting on a 4 ft tall steel/cement pole (I forgot was there) protecting an underground communications box. Needless to say, the dime-sized dent placed at the top of the gate immediately kept me from being upset over the dirt speck in my paint. As Major Payne famously said, “ want me to show you a little trick to take your mind of that pain(t)?” My apologies to all Damon Wayans fans.

Cptcoolie

Reaction score
No. The easiest thing to do is cause some self-inflicted damage to your truck somewhere else so it will take your mind off that paint. Here’s what I did. I was showing a coworker my new truck. Explaining the automatic tailgate function, I expertly pressed the remote and the tailgate dropped, but it suddenly stopped at about 30 degrees. Puzzled, we went to the back to discover the gate resting on a 4 ft tall steel/cement pole (I forgot was there) protecting an underground communications box. Needless to say, the dime-sized dent placed at the top of the gate immediately kept me from being upset over the dirt speck in my paint. As Major Payne famously said, “ want me to show you a little trick to take your mind of that pain(t)?” My apologies to all Damon Wayans fans.
Heh..heh..heh....toot that horn!

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree with some of the OP's "ignorance is bliss" attitude toward their truck. BUT every Ram owner needs to go lift their floormats and check for dampness. Water leaks left unaddressed =no bueno. Dry=congratulations! Move on fat dumb and happy. But too many of us are "all wet" to ignore the possibility of a water leak.

Hey, can you save me the few minutes of searching and reading it would take?

Does EVERY owner need to check for dampness? Or only owners that have a sunroof?

I have no sunroof and I *think* that means I don't need to worry about this particular issue. But, if I do, I will go do some more reading and then check my truck...

I had sunroofs in my last ~20 years worth of trucks. I used the sunroof about 4 times in that 20 years and that includes just opening the part that covers it, without even opening the glass. I was very happy to find my current truck that didn't have one - i.e. an option I didn't really want and didn't have to pay for. :D

Gozar

Reaction score
I love this forum, but as much money as I have spent because of it, I believe it's secretly owned by Jeff Bezos... :unsure:
This!

I come here for inspiration, which means spending money - although I do save from the DIY advice given here, and for help when I have questions. I try to ignore the problems - unless I think I can help and focus on how great my truck is. This is my first truck and I could not be happier!
The only minor gripes I have are:
Having to get the key fob out of my pocket to lock/unlock, and I have now accepted that fact
The loud guidance volume and bright or dim dashboard, both of which can/should be fixed with a SW update.

When I am having a bad day I get in my truck and go for a drive and I am happy again, priceless....

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only minor gripes I have are:
Having to get the key fob out of my pocket to lock/unlock, and I have now accepted that fact
The loud guidance volume and bright or dim dashboard, both of which can/should be fixed with a SW update.
You don't have auto-unlocking front doors and a button on the outside handle to press and lock the door?

Guidance volume can be adjusted. When she's yelling at you, turn down her volume.

The dash lighting can be widely adjusted by the dimmer on the dash.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Does EVERY owner need to check for dampness? Or only owners that have a sunroof?

I have no sunroof and I *think* that means I don't need to worry about this particular issue. But, if I do, I will go do some more reading and then check my truck...

I had sunroofs in my last ~20 years worth of trucks. I used the sunroof about 4 times in that 20 years and that includes just opening the part that covers it, without even opening the glass. I was very happy to find my current truck that didn't have one - i.e. an option I didn't really want and didn't have to pay for. :D
I've read on here a few people without sunroofs that had a front seam seal leak. I've checked under my mats and they were dry. I think it's not a major problem but it takes 2 seconds to lift your floor mat and see if there's condensation under there.

KSOTI

Reaction score
Stuart

Stuart- In my case, no sunroof. It is the back glass that leaks. So did the replacement glass. Dealer has ordered another new glass assembly. Seems to be a common problem. Easy to diagnose. You'll see it drip along the top edge of the rear window if you have this issue.
Sunroof leaks are common too and some others on here have discovered leaks at the front fender seam. Can't wait to get the kinks worked out. Its a great truck!

Users who are viewing this thread