5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

Helmetface

Reaction score
Someone remind me...what is the proper way to lift an ORP truck to 3-3.5"? I know I'll need control arms...

Goal is to fit 35's on 18, somewhere between 0-19 offset (sought poke).

Thank you!

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone remind me...what is the proper way to lift an ORP truck to 3-3.5"? I know I'll need control arms...

Goal is to fit 35's on 18, somewhere between 0-19 offset (sought poke).

Thank you!
2" or 2.5" top hat spacer for the front will level it up. add a 1" spacer to the rear if you want to keep some rake for towing or looks.

New2Ram2019

Reaction score
Btw - I would highly recommend fine tuning your speedometer after tire size change. I increased to 35” tires recently - knew there was a 10% speed difference, but thought “no big deal” and waited a few days. Something just seemed off about the ride. Got an RC calibrator and in 20 minutes of work - big difference. Shift timing differential is material / impacts smoothness relative to speed and better gas mileage (upshifts sooner). Plus speed is accurate and mpg reading is accurate.

BTW - tire size dialed in on the RC was 33.5, to get speed dialed while actual size is 35.

RamSco

Reaction score
Btw - I would highly recommend fine tuning your speedometer after tire size change. I increased to 35” tires recently - knew there was a 10% speed difference, but thought “no big deal” and waited a few days. Something just seemed off about the ride. Got an RC calibrator and in 20 minutes of work - big difference. Shift timing differential is material / impacts smoothness relative to speed and better gas mileage (upshifts sooner). Plus speed is accurate and mpg reading is accurate.

BTW - tire size dialed in on the RC was 33.5, to get speed dialed while actual size is 35.
Agree whole heartedly.

kevinssaco

Reaction score
  • Just picked up this leveling kit 2.5" MotoFab. Waiting for it to show up from Amazon. I watched the installation video on Utube, doesnt look too intense of a job. Cant wait to lift the front of the truck up to where its supposed to be and stop bottoming out the splash guard every time I hit rough road!

• MotoFab Lifts DR-2.5-2.5 in Front Leveling Lift Kit Compatible with Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup 4WD
Roll over image to zoom in

MotoFab Lifts DR-2.5-2.5 in Front Leveling Lift Kit Compatible with Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup 4WD
by MotoFab Lifts
4.4 out of 5 stars 76 customer reviews
| 63 answered questions

Amazon'sChoicefor "leveling kit for dodge ram 1500"

• Will Raise the front of your truck by a true 2.5"
  • Motofab Lifts are CNC machined out of billet aluminum then powdercoated black to match your factory suspension.
  • Can be installed in about 1 1/2-2 hours and does not require strut/coil disassembly like other kits.
  • Made In The USA with a Lifetime warranty
  • Compatible with Dodge RAM 1500 4WD 2006-2018 (DOES NOT FIT 2WD)
See more product details

rgberg

Reaction score
All clean after a bath. 275/60R20 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W on +1 20" Fuel D589 Rippers.

Attachments

• IMG_9115.JPG
    IMG_9115.JPG
    224.7 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_9081.JPG
    IMG_9081.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 500
  • IMG_4650.jpg
    IMG_4650.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 499

Gozar

Reaction score
New shoes!
Nitto Ridge Grappler 295/70r18 on Pro Comp Prodigy 18x9 wheels. 34129 MyTurck1.jpg 34130 MyTurck1.jpg MyTruck3.jpg

DavidNJ

Reaction score
New shoes! Nitto Ridge Grappler 295/70r18 on Pro Comp Prodigy 18x9 wheels
. View attachment 34129 View attachment 34130
A great tire size. 34.3" tall, 11.8" wide. The 18" wheels leave over an 8" tall sidewall...very impressive with a ready for action look while actually being ready for action.

But why did you go to 0 offset wheels moving the tires 19mm/.75" further out? The tire should have fit with OE offset. Are the tires throwing pebbles at the side of the truck?

Gozar

Reaction score
No pebbles/rocks so far.

This is my first truck (been driving sedans for 40 years..) and I saw a fellow member with these exact wheels and really liked the look so I bought them.
I hope it works out, I am not "wheel educated" so don't understand how to choose the offset.:unsure:

I really like the look and so far the tires are great, low noise, smooth ride and aggressive looks/traction.

JHRebel

Reaction score
2inch Readylift level 3E934EA5-D0D4-41D8-917C-B437EF18978D.jpeg with UCAs, I’m parked on a bit of a decline which isn’t represented well in this picture, I have about a 1/2inch of rake left which is perfect for me, love the look, still rides like a dream.

U

User_18177

Does anyone have or have you seen my stock 20's with an aggressive aftermarket tire? I realize most will opt for a new wheel/tire set up but I like my wheels and would love to see what they look like with some Nitto Ridge Grapplers on them. I have the off-road package and prefer to see my wheels with 33/11.5/20's or something close (also ensuring no issues). I've now searched here through all 45 pages and have only seen the other stock style 20" wheel but not mine. They give me a frame of reference but most of them have had a level kit installed.
Driveway 03.jpeg

RAMREB

Reaction score
ORG, Ready Lift UCAs, 2.5” Motofab spacers in front, 1” spacer in back, 35x12.5R20 Ironman All Country M/T, Fuel Warrior 20x10 -18 offset

I would like to do the same exact lift setup to my rebel. Which rear spacers did you go with and were you able to just buy the Ready lift UCAs without the strut extension kit?

DavidNJ

Reaction score
Does anyone have or have you seen my stock 20's with an aggressive aftermarket tire? I realize most will opt for a new wheel/tire set up but I like my wheels and would love to see what they look like with some Nitto Ridge Grapplers on them. I have the off-road package and prefer to see my wheels with 33/11.5/20's or something close (also ensuring no issues). I've now searched here through all 45 pages and have only seen the other stock style 20" wheel but not mine. They give me a frame of reference but most of them have had a level kit installed.
driveway-03-jpeg.34290

I've been considering a similar size tire for my purchase. I believe the answer is LT295/60-R20. It is rated by Nitto as 33.94 in tall and 11.77 in wide on 8.5" wider rims. On the Ram's 20x9 in rims that should be right at 12" wide and maybe 33.9" tall. The 2019 ORG/Rebel actually increase the distance between the hub and the fender 1". These tires are 2" taller than OE without ORG, so increasing the tire between the hub and fender 1". Spacing from the tire to the fender should be same as OE without a level.

A 35" tire has been reported to hit the fender front and back. A 34" won't have the problem but may rub the inside fender at full lock. If it does, a 5-7mm spacer should be enough to correct that. With aftermarket wheels that would be a +12 offset instead of OE +19.

Another option is the LT275/65-20. Other than the beach or mud where a floatation tires aired-down to 15psi may be the norm, lots of thought points to a narrower tire, aired down or not, being better for trail work. Same diameter, same load rating, 11.4" wide on 20x9 wheels. Tire Selection for Expedition Travel: The impact of tire width on traction

U

User_18177

I've been considering a similar size tire for my purchase. I believe the answer is LT295/60-R20. It is rated by Nitto as 33.94 in tall and 11.77 in wide on 8.5" wider rims. On the Ram's 20x9 in rims that should be right at 12" wide and maybe 33.9" tall. The 2019 ORG/Rebel actually increase the distance between the hub and the fender 1". These tires are 2" taller than OE without ORG, so increasing the tire between the hub and fender 1". Spacing from the tire to the fender should be same as OE without a level.

A 35" tire has been reported to hit the fender front and back. A 34" won't have the problem but may rub the inside fender at full lock. If it does, a 5-7mm spacer should be enough to correct that. With aftermarket wheels that would be a +12 offset instead of OE +19.

Another option is the LT275/65-20. Other than the beach or mud where a floatation tires aired-down to 15psi may be the norm, lots of thought points to a narrower tire, aired down or not, being better for trail work. Same diameter, same load rating, 11.4" wide on 20x9 wheels. Tire Selection for Expedition Travel: The impact of tire width on traction
Thanks for that breakdown David...it helps. That 295/60/20 actually seems like a slightly better fit than the 33/11.5/20's that I've been eyeing. Another user without the off-road package has a beautiful set up with Nitto Ridge Grapplers at 285/60/20 that I have been using as my frame of reference. So that leads me to believe more in the answer you came up with as well. Slightly taller tire (and narrowly wider) for my truck with the ORP. Now until I get them, I wish I could see someone with my wheels and those tires :) Thanks man!

Dimebag430

Reaction score

DavidNJ

Reaction score

Another factor: 34" is about the absolute max diameter for a spare. I recommend getting a 5th wheel and mounting another of the tires on it. When towing or off-road, a mismatched spare or temporary spare won't do.

I'm wondering if the 275/65 would look any different than 295/60. On OE rims that is less than 1/2" further out...and 11.2" wide isn't that much less than 12.0" without a clear reference for comparison. It has the same load rating, is probably better off-road in most circumstances, and looks the same from the side. It is also $50-$60 less expensive per tire and 5# lighter per tire.

U

User_18177

Another factor: 34" is about the absolute max diameter for a spare. I recommend getting a 5th wheel and mounting another of the tires on it. When towing or off-road, a mismatched spare or temporary spare won't do.

I'm wondering if the 275/65 would look any different than 295/60. On OE rims that is less than 1/2" further out...and 11.2" wide isn't that much less than 12.0" without a clear reference for comparison. It has the same load rating, is probably better off-road in most circumstances, and looks the same from the side. It is also $50-$60 less expensive per tire and 5# lighter per tire.
I wonder as well. Here's a side by side comparison on tiresize.com. Also, don't discount the 285/60/20 unless you don't want to sacrifice the height. But for me, I don't want it looking to tall without any width. Also, good point about the spare.

Users who are viewing this thread