5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falken WildPeak Tire Pressures

tpartain

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited that came with Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Tires. Subsequently I've purchased a set of take off wheels and tires for winter, they're Falken WildPeak tires off of a 2109 Ram 1500 4X4. 275/55R20 (113T ). I'm looking for the recommended pressure located on the door jamb for the Falkens. A picture would be great if available.

Thank in advance
Tony

tpartain

Reaction score
Yes they are Stock ORP tires. Thanks for the link, I went there first but the 113's are not listed. Thus the request for more info.

DharmaDog

Reaction score
Yes they are Stock ORP tires. Thanks for the link, I went there first but the 113's are not listed. Thus the request for more info.

I just checked my sticker for the first time today and was stunned to see 32 for those Falkens. My came at 39-40 from the dealer. I set mine to 35 as a compromise.

knightro84

Reaction score
My truck came with the same tires - I run mine at 38 all around. Truck was delivered to me at 32 all around per sticker in the door and it was very soft. I played around with pressures anywhere from 35 to 42 and felt that 38 was the best for my typical daily driving. Roads are smooth for the most part down here... I’d probably drop it a bit if they were rougher.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got a heavy version of the Limited with ORG and there's no way I would drive on road at 32. It's just way too soft and the sidewall flex of the front tires doesn't inspire long term confidence.

I've played with tire pressures a bit and 42F/38R works well for long road trips but can be a bit rough. I now keep them at 38F/36R and am quite pleased.

GerryS

Reaction score
I am hoping to take my Ram to Colorado for some offroading. Mostly easy trails in Rocky Mountain National Park, Alpine Loop and the easy trails into and out of Telluride.

Should I air down? Should I remove the running boards? Should I ask these questions somewhere else?

Cheers
Gerry

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
I took my .ORG Laramie off roaring with the tires at 39/40 over heavy populated rocks and mud - tons of sharp rocks and had zero issues. 32 sounds super low - I like the 35 idea but I’m not lowering mine. They came like this from the dealer and bought the truck 2 days after it arrived

GerryS

Reaction score
Empty truck, I might go with 36 front and 32-34 rear for mpg. Depends on the daily weight you are carrying. If the center of the tread is wearing more than the sides, you are overinflated. Sides more than the middle, you are underinflated.

Cheers
Gerry

qforan

Reaction score
I just checked my sticker for the first time today and was stunned to see 32 for those Falkens. My came at 39-40 from the dealer. I set mine to 35 as a compromise.

I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited that came with Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Tires. Subsequently I've purchased a set of take off wheels and tires for winter, they're Falken WildPeak tires off of a 2109 Ram 1500 4X4. 275/55R20 (113T ). I'm looking for the recommended pressure located on the door jamb for the Falkens. A picture would be great if available.

Thank in advance
Tony
thats mine. seems low. I have them at 36. towed 6000lbs yesterday at 40psi

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    613.8 KB · Views: 46

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
32 or door.. but it's too spongy.

I've been jumping around between stock all the way upto 40 trying to figure out where I want them. Currently at 35 all around, seems good so far.

Truckit

Reaction score
2019 Limited ORG. Door says 32 but I run 39 to 40. Have about 55000 miles on them and at least half tread left. Even wear. Run a lot of highway light load and occasional overload.

MotoMoose68

Reaction score

Thank in advance
Tony
I had a set of Wildpeaks on the Tacoma I just traded in on my 2020 RAM 3500. I really liked the tires. For pressures, I would run 65 up front and 50 or 55 in back. I would up inflation on the rears if towing. In general, I look at the tread contact/wear on the fronts and rears and adjust the pressures to get the contact I wanted.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had a set of Wildpeaks on the Tacoma I just traded in on my 2020 RAM 3500. I really liked the tires. For pressures, I would run 65 up front and 50 or 55 in back. I would up inflation on the rears if towing. In general, I look at the tread contact/wear on the fronts and rears and adjust the pressures to get the contact I wanted.
On E-rated tires, but not on the OEMs...that would be over their max.

Users who are viewing this thread