5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas running preheater

Dago82

Reaction score
i´m new to the forum and didn´t find any topic about this. I don´t have RAM yet but i´m getting one. Do you use any fuel running preheater in your trucks, electric blockheater is not a option becouse there is no powersocket near the parking space and here in Finland we have 230V. Car have remote start so do i even need preheater? How long it takes to get warm inside cabin when you start motor, let´s say zero degrees?

Camper

Reaction score
For the gas engine, you do not need pre-heater. Here in Canada, some times temp. dips to minus 35, add wind and it can go to minus 42. Remote start is not an option is necessity.It warm cabin in 10 min to, what ever temperature you set.
I hope it answer for your question

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
I concur with the post above. I am in ND, it gets wicked cold here. Make sure you have the remote start and not the one that comes with the key gob. XM guardian has been working very well for me, used all winter despite it not working for some people on this board.

cipherbreak

Reaction score
I concur with the post above. I am in ND, it gets wicked cold here. Make sure you have the remote start and not the one that comes with the key gob. XM guardian has been working very well for me, used all winter despite it not working for some people on this board.

The SiriusXM satellites are in geosynchronous orbit and the beam covers North America. It is not available in Europe.

Camper

Reaction score
If Sirius XM does not available in Europe, then get remote start from factory, it works great, about 300 meters or so, you can start your track

Users who are viewing this thread