5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excessive noise at 1500 RPM

tfrase

Reaction score
I had a Flowmaster Super 44 installed on my 2019 Ram 1500 Tradesman (5.7L Hemi) and I'm real happy with the sound. About 1 month after the installation I noticed that it sounded like the truck was idling a little high and at about 1200 to 1500 RPM's when driving the truck it's making a vibrating like noise (almost like the rumble strips/sleeper lines on the side of the freeway). It did it for a day and then went away. About a week later it came back. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
High idle it shouldn’t do. That noise is probably the mds kicked in. Mine does same at certain speed and gear when in 4 mode

Bigjb1987

Reaction score
Could be your mds kicking in and out. Mine sounds horrible if I forget to turn it off
How do you turn off MDS? As far as I know you can’t turn it off, you can turn off eco light in u connect for das light, and manual gear limit. But can’t truly turn it off.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^ to manually turn it off have to hit gear select on steering wheel. Set it to 8 will have to redo every ignition cycle

Users who are viewing this thread