5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highest MPG you ever got?

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Ram display tops out at 99, but on a seven-mile downhill run (6% grade) in southern Oregon, northbound on I-5, my Scangauge II reported 187 MPG.

Steve

I’m sure that’s easy once you start the downhill and reset the mpg.

Drillerr

Reaction score
I've averaged 18.8 over almost 11,000 miles with 24.3 being my best tank. Very similar to my last truck, a 2015 F-150 ecoboost.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh no. I average 18-20 for a tank. That was the instant MPG display. But it was the highest I've ever got. That's the question you asked, isn't it?

Steve
Sure was. I also just stated how easy that is to get. Didn’t I? I didn’t say you were lying.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For a tank? Hand-calculated? 16.3 mpg.

In my first 7,500 miles, I have yet to do a full highway tank.

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
Averaged 17.8 driving from corpus to houston, had a tail wind, normally it's around 16.7-17 unless there's a heavy northern front..then I'm looking at 12 at 75

bigdaddymac

Reaction score
21.xx on stock tires in a 55-65 mph area for around 100 miles. Probably could have been better without passing lanes.

Joker4L

Reaction score
**** highest I ever got was 21 avg when I first bought it. I avg now 16.5mpg consistent on my 60 mile round trip 95% hwy

Hapsmig

Reaction score
I let my mom and stepdad borrow my truck to make a trip. On the way back I got a text message saying they were getting 24mpg. I knew they weren't familiar with the truck. So, I just assumed they were just wrong. I checked it though & it said 24mpg.
It was about a 400 mile trip from Cape Girardeau, Missouri to Kansas City. I assume they were going with the wind.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
I let my mom and stepdad borrow my truck to make a trip. On the way back I got a text message saying they were getting 24mpg. I knew they weren't familiar with the truck. So, I just assumed they were just wrong. I checked it though & it said 24mpg.
It was about a 400 mile trip from Cape Girardeau, Missouri to Kansas City. I assume they were going with the wind.

Very cool that you let them take your big rig.

I absolutely love my truck - I wanted to buy a loaded Gladiator and walked into the dealer on a day I was just passing by to see if any were on the lot. My truck was in the showroom, hadn’t been cleaned, arrived at the dealer two days prior, everything in plastic. I sat in it for two minutes and drove off with it less than an hour later. Never test drove it, didn’t know how to work half the options, but I couldn’t have been happier.

This weekend I was visiting friends up by the Canadian border where all meet every summer. We went out to this renown pizza place known for its beer and vibe. The parking lot was super tight and it was slammed. I parked on a hill with the truck at a fairly serious downward 45’ angle.

Someone parked next to me where there was really no room and she was half in the entrance and then another person parked across from in the handicap spot even though, well you know. When I left I just put it in 4x4 and drove back over a hill onto the road. Didn’t lock the diff or anything, it was easy and quiet, no tire spin from the dirt and rock parking lot - just popped out and over. We were all impressed

Next week I’ll be in NYC and I never worry about the roads. Really love the clearance on the ORP & and the Faulkens Rock

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Highest was 23.3 on a short highway road trip on truck not hand calculated. Wasn’t that long of a trip to burn enough of a tank. 18.5-19.3 daily commute. Last hand calculation 18.9 on daily.
Will say slow city speeds kills my truck. I just watched it drop big time from running around at friends house though neighborhood back and forth.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone else on here besides me has never checked the MPG? I used to track it once in a while on my old truck, but that was just to see if anything was going all to hell :)

Trones

Reaction score
Anyone know what distance\time is used for the "AVG MPG" in the cluster before it rolls? Is it cumulative until you reset it?

T West

Reaction score
I just drove from Austin to Houston, got 20 MPG staying around 80/85mph. I did notice i got better mileage as I got closer to Houston... much flatter city. But here in Austin, I'm averaging like 16-17 MPG. Maybe its just me, but I'm starting to not trust the MPG avg or fuel range gauges. I noticed I get much more mileage on a full tank than the fuel range says I will get.

ray730

Reaction score
I have not reset my mileage since I got my truck and have about 8K on it now. In town it dips down to around 17, but out on the highway averaging 72mph it goes up to 20.3. I did notice the averages got better after I installed a bed cover, but it also could have been the engine breaking itself in.

Cueva del Osos

Reaction score
My best tank was the break-in period (I really did keep it under 60mph that first 500 mi) at 21.5mpg. Since then I've averaged 18.5 on my Ltd 5.7 e-torque, e-locker, 3.92/20" wheels, no pano. I can have a heavy foot (especially hitting the on-ramps) so I keep the mileage screen up on the drivers console and really do try to maximize my mpg. I typically fuel at Speedway with 89 octane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/