5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto Update

jabiera

Reaction score
Anyone know what's going on with the android auto update? They just did a big update and changed a lot of the interface. I tried downloading it a few days ago but it still looks the same. Anyone have any info on it? Thanks.

Barnyard

Reaction score
It's a server side switch. Try force closing the app, then clearing the data. That worked for me. You have to go to the settings and select try new interface, or something like that

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Neokane

Reaction score
I've dug around and haven't been able to get the update yet either. Tried downloading the apk, but the latest wont install on my phone.. (Galaxy s8)

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've dug around and haven't been able to get the update yet either. Tried downloading the apk, but the latest wont install on my phone.. (Galaxy s8)

Don't sweat it. You could do all kinds of gymnastics to get the update and then still have the old UI. I'm in that boat. Until Big G does some server side update you can't get the new UI even if you have the new AA app.

J4U

Reaction score
Uninstalled AA rebooted and reinstalled same new version as it updated with earlier.

However, this time I get the "try new interface" and shows up on my 12.

Just a thought until it's more mainstream.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I had to completely uninstall the Android Auto app and reinstall. Only then, did I get the "Try the New Android Auto" option. Seems to work well. Also, I am able to see Google Maps on the top and on the bottom, I can see the album art and the name of the song from Spotify. Better than before. Although it's not the full Spotify, at least I can see some of the information. Not sure why the artist name doesn't display though

jabiera

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I ended up clearing the data and cache then deleting the app. I plugged it back into the truck then it reinstalled. After going through the process it asked me if I wanted to update then use try the new interface and it worked.

Neokane

Reaction score
My app must have updated over the night.
I now have the setting to try the new AA.

DM-SC

Reaction score
I finally got the new interface to work. It only took me 45 minutes of force stop, clear cache, clear data, uninstall, reboot, reinstall and repeat!

I was getting either a connection error message or the message stating to follow the instructions on my mobile device. But AA wasn't displaying on my mobile device!

I got it to work but I have no idea how.

Funny thing is, it started to work right after I uttered a few choice words and said 'to heck with it, I'll just keep using my iPhone 5s for music!'

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread