5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on S&B Cold Air Intake

RoHo

Reaction score
Have a question for anyone out there that has a S&B cold air intake installed. How large is the air box? I'm wanting to install a Billet Technology catch can and it attaches to a pre-drilled hole on the head, but I'm afraid the box will be in the way.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Have a question for anyone out there that has a S&B cold air intake installed. How large is the air box? I'm wanting to install a Billet Technology catch can and it attaches to a pre-drilled hole on the head, but I'm afraid the box will be in the way.

Go on their website and it might show you pics of it intalled or go on yoitube and they may have installation video and maybe abke to tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I ordered my S&B intake from Moe’s Performance. On the ordering page it specifically states that it won’t work with the catch can you asked about.
Hope I am not to late

sawyer84

Reaction score
^^True that. I ordered my S&B from Moe's as well and it states that it won't work. The box is frickin huge!

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Boy am I glad I just stumbled across this post! I have the S&B CAI and it is a big box and I am not sure I can get a catch can in there without some modification to the mounting arm. I'd like to know for sure before spending the money. I will have to make some call and look at some video to make sure it won't fit. Was going to go with the BT version so may give them a call about mods if needed. Thanks for the info!

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the location with the factory Air Box to help with if there is enough room to make it work. BT Oil Catch Van.png

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
I am wondering if the standoff from the bracket to the actual can can be shortened to allow the room to fit with an S&B Box.

whetrick1

Reaction score
The mishimoto catch can mounts in the front by the radiator so that should work just fine too

A here's a pic of mine
e6fc83fd38bb69b610802636c90aef4b.jpg
7a618714f267bb5393aca91ebaa156ec.jpg

RoHo

Reaction score
I've seen the Mishimoto on some video with the S&B CAI and it worked. Was trying to save some $$$ with a Billet Technology catch can. :rolleyes:

whetrick1

Reaction score
I've seen the Mishimoto on some video with the S&B CAI and it worked. Was trying to save some $$$ with a Billet Technology catch can. :rolleyes:

Yeah but the Mishimoto catch can is the best imo.

RAMREB

Reaction score
I am wondering if the standoff from the bracket to the actual can can be shortened to allow the room to fit with an S&B Box.

Has anyone done confirmed if this is possible? I already have a can installed same style as Moe's and was planning on doing the same if possible

whetrick1

Reaction score
Has anyone done confirmed if this is possible? I already have a can installed same style as Moe's and was planning on doing the same if possible

I don't think you can do that because of the way the stand bolts to the can. Your day the box is so much bigger than the factor air box that it gets that close to the head that there's no room for the can.

Users who are viewing this thread