5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just received a quote for XPEL & Ceramic Coatings. Is this a good deal? What did you pay?

Texas Woody

Reaction score
My truck should be ready today. The detail shop I'm using (Gulf Coast Auto Shield in Houston, TX) only does Xpel for their window tint and paint protection film services, and only Feynlab for their ceramic coating services. Here's a summary of what I'm having done:

- Xpel Prime XR Black 35 tint for the 4 side windows (84-85% IR rejection, 59% TSER)
- Xpel Prime XR Black 70 tint for the back window (88-89% IR rejection, 49% TSER)
- Xpel Prime XR Plus 70 tint for the windshield (92-94% IR rejection, 52% TSER)
- Xpel Prime XR Plus 45 tint for the panoramic sunroof panels (97% IR rejection, 58% TSER)
- Xpel Ultimate Plus Paint Protection Film (colored bumper, headlights, fog lights, partial hood, front fenders, A pillars, roof to the sunroof, rocker panels)
- Feynlab Heal Lite coating on all painted surfaces not covered by the PPF
- Feynlab Ceramic Wheel and Caliper coating on entire surface of all 4 wheels (including the inner barrels)

I'm super pumped to get the truck back and re-do the AC temperature readings with my meat thermometer. Fingers crossed the window tint provides a significant improvement in the flawed AC performance of these trucks.

Cheers.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like a pretty good price, I may be down that way much more soon may have to get the contact info for the company that did it.

Auto Supersheild is their name. Found them on the XPEL dealer finder site but they like using Suntek better. Check them out, good people. Just called me to say it was more involved than they thought with all of the different front end pieces but that I’ll definitely have it done before 5 today.

Texas Woody

Reaction score
... but they like using Suntek better.

Interesting, I wonder what they like about the Suntek better. I looked at the specs between Suntek and Xpel tint film and it seems Xpel's specs are far and away better in terms of IR rejection - which is where most of the sun's heat comes from.

drush

Reaction score
I'm in Canada and paid $1500 all in w/ taxes for ceramic quartz coating on the entire vehicle exterior including wheels but not windshield. Looks great so far and everything slides right off it!

Easterlake

Reaction score
I'm in Canada and paid $1500 all in w/ taxes for ceramic quartz coating on the entire vehicle exterior including wheels but not windshield. Looks great so far and everything slides right off it!
How does that price compare with having those areas simply repainted in the future?

thenrich

Reaction score
I did this:

To be honest after the first day it looked awful! after a few weeks it looks really decent. It just took some time to cure and the water pockets to dry up

Clean19

Reaction score
Hey FWIW, the shop I work for will coat your Xpel for free. 40ml of FeynLabs is like $39? our cost..

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the PPF guys, how long did it take to fully cure and get all the bubbles out? It’s been 7 days and I still have a good amount. I don’t want to bother the installer just yet.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For the PPF guys, how long did it take to fully cure and get all the bubbles out? It’s been 7 days and I still have a good amount. I don’t want to bother the installer just yet.

I would be bugging your installer. I had mine done in March and it was snowing at the time she had it for about 5 hours and I picked it up that evening and I looked it over before I took it out of shop. No bubbles and yes it was snowing when I took it out of shop. Been on there for about 3 months now and still no bubbles.

TXRAM23

Reaction score
So just curious, is it necessary to do ceramic coating AND a clear bra such as XPEL? If so, which one goes first. Does the ceramic go over the XPEL or vice versa?

Took my 2 day old RAM to my local tint guy today. He's doing XPEL's new premium tint, all windows and front windshield, 20%/5%/70%. All for $775. I'm pretty happy with that price. He quoted my $1800 for full clear bra but trying to decided if I should do that, ceramic, or both.

faithwalker

Reaction score
So just curious, is it necessary to do ceramic coating AND a clear bra such as XPEL? If so, which one goes first. Does the ceramic go over the XPEL or vice versa?

Took my 2 day old RAM to my local tint guy today. He's doing XPEL's new premium tint, all windows and front windshield, 20%/5%/70%. All for $775. I'm pretty happy with that price. He quoted my $1800 for full clear bra but trying to decided if I should do that, ceramic, or both.
What did you end up doing?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can’t put PPF over ceramic; it wouldn’t stick. You can put ceramic over PPF.

I did both, as they provide different benefits and cover different areas. PPF is great at guarding against small chips, whereas ceramic is a durable paint sealant.

TheDadTruck

Reaction score
I feel like I got a really good deal for what I got on my Rebel ...

Paint correction/prep
Gtechniq Crystal Syrum Ultra with EXO on top
Gtechniq on the windshield
3m ppf on half the hood and the pieces under the lights

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

If paint protection is what you're looking for than PPF is a must. Ceramic coatjngs will not protect against rock chips etc.

Eric82much

Reaction score
Did the installer (Auto Supershield) take care of the bubbles? Are you happy with the tint and PPF they did?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My truck should be ready today. The detail shop I'm using (Gulf Coast Auto Shield in Houston, TX) only does Xpel for their window tint and paint protection film services, and only Feynlab for their ceramic coating services. Here's a summary of what I'm having done:

- Xpel Prime XR Black 35 tint for the 4 side windows (84-85% IR rejection, 59% TSER)
- Xpel Prime XR Black 70 tint for the back window (88-89% IR rejection, 49% TSER)
- Xpel Prime XR Plus 70 tint for the windshield (92-94% IR rejection, 52% TSER)
- Xpel Prime XR Plus 45 tint for the panoramic sunroof panels (97% IR rejection, 58% TSER)
- Xpel Ultimate Plus Paint Protection Film (colored bumper, headlights, fog lights, partial hood, front fenders, A pillars, roof to the sunroof, rocker panels)
- Feynlab Heal Lite coating on all painted surfaces not covered by the PPF
- Feynlab Ceramic Wheel and Caliper coating on entire surface of all 4 wheels (including the inner barrels)

I'm super pumped to get the truck back and re-do the AC temperature readings with my meat thermometer. Fingers crossed the window tint provides a significant improvement in the flawed AC performance of these trucks.

Cheers.
TW,

How did the install come out? Please post pics of finished product if you could. :)

Cheers,

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If paint protection is what you're looking for than PPF is a must. Ceramic coatjngs will not protect against rock chips etc.
A few weeks in the sun and most should be gone

Users who are viewing this thread