5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

SlipperyPete

Reaction score
Yup .. I sure am .. I couldn't believe I did it .. I fessed up to the manager and asked him to take it out of my pay .. I have never done that before.

Hopefully the customer wasn’t too upset. I might have been a little peeved at first, but the fact you stepped up, admitted to your mistake and took responsibility, I would have gotten over it, it’s just a little plastic, should be easy to fix. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why does it matter if you’re in FL, TX, etc.?

Because Florida and Texas are hot as hell and you are crazy not to tint it. I live in on Florida and have 18% on my fronts and cops could not care less. They only mess with kids driving fast and furious cars or cars that look like drug dealers.

bbar64

Reaction score
New 6” LED lighting installed
bc852aafffc5ffea11e93d4845f04baa.jpg
https://uploads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
faf87a676cd4c713fea307289d1894bd.jpg

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Laws vary by state.

I know that.

Because Florida and Texas are hot as hell and you are crazy not to tint it. I live in on Florida and have 18% on my fronts and cops could not care less. They only mess with kids driving fast and furious cars or cars that look like drug dealers.

Got that.

But, he said:

As I get older I do think lighter is better and less ghetto unless you're in FL, TX, etc

So, lighter is better unless you FL, TX? Or, lighter is less ghetto unless you're in FL, TX?

I was just trying to understand what he meant by that.

I think blocking Infrared is a lot more important to keeping cabin heat down than exactly how much visible light gets through. Even in FL or TX, I don't think it makes much difference whether you get 50% or 20%, as long as you get something like a ceramic film that blocks 99% of UV and 80% (or more?) of IR.

If you get 50% all around, the final result is (about) 50% on the front side windows and 9% on the back windows. If you get 20% all around, the final result is (about) 20% on the front side windows and 4% on the back windows. If the films are equal on UV and IR, then I really don't see there being much difference in how hot the cabin gets between those 2 options. Either way is going to be a huge difference from no tint at all, but a very small difference between them.

And lighter seems to me to look less ghetto no matter what state you're in. :D

Anyway, I guess this horse is dead... :D

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Sorry wasn't calling you an idiot, or didn't mean to. I thought the dealer did that to your new truck. I have poor reading comprehension, lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Blazing sun and hot AF. Those conditions trump aesthetics. Tint 5%

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gotcha.

As I just posted, I am skeptical that it really makes much difference. But, I would love to see it if there is any research to compare the options.

Pritch

Reaction score
Installed an AlienGear Level 2 retention holster and put “gym floor” tiles in the bed. Two tiles wide is perfect but the 5’7’ bed is a few inches short of three tiles deep. A single straight cut It is ust right for a RAMbox bed. Lock’er Down should arrive today!

Last edited:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ordered a set of tires to go onto the Limited wheels I got for my wife. 01A9D08C-CEBB-4151-964F-E89EFAC0D020.jpeg

Ncjquinn

Reaction score

Ncjquinn

Reaction score
Sorry, new ram owner and new to forum. What type of leveling kit did you use because I am struggling on making this decision. Truck setup looks great!

barakutha

Reaction score
Box divider install pending. Expensive piece of plastic IMO
44ebe2cc66206f0287e2ea8282f7a652.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Finally found the time and got my S&B CAI installed yesterday. Great fit, runs good and sounds sweet.

Attachments

• S-B CAI.jpg
    S-B CAI.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 125

Users who are viewing this thread