5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just because it’s later in the year doesn’t meant the rebates will increase to the same or higher. It’s based on inventory levels, and if you will recall, they started building these 19s super early in 18. Which could be why they got so aggressive so early in this calendar year.

I’m not expecting them to that again, but I guess time will tell. I’m buying a longhorn for less than I paid for my current rebel if it does and I can find a 3.92 truck left

Brisoup1

Reaction score
Considering GM & FCA are neck & neck in sales numbers right now, I could see the June rebates showing up in August. If not August definitely by Sept/Oct. Getting a decent deal also depends if your particular dealer is looking to move the 2019's off the lot.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The issue is what's left, and what is coming. For someone as picky as i am ( I needed sunroof, ASG, 3.92, 4x4, black pack etc...) You may be disappointed come the end of september, i could only find 3 within 2,000 miles of me that checked all my boxes.

Brisoup1

Reaction score
The issue is what's left, and what is coming. For someone as picky as i am ( I needed sunroof, ASG, 3.92, 4x4, black pack etc...) You may be disappointed come the end of september, i could only find 3 within 2,000 miles of me that checked all my boxes.
That's true. The leftovers are usually the models nobody's wants.

Rambro23

Reaction score
Bought my Laramie Sport at the end of January for a total of 20% off MSRP ($61k down to $49k)... while that may not be as good of a price as today's incentives I did get to choose the model I wanted with the options I was looking for instead of what was hanging around the lot (AKA models in stock the longest). But who knows, maybe you can get lucky and find a gem on the lot!

Cptcoolie

Reaction score
Hi All,
I originally was looking to get a Laramie Longhorn. I found it impossible to get the features we wanted on the Laramie without ordering it. I noticed many of my desired features were standard on the limited. On 31 May I saw a promising vehicle on a dealer's website listed as inbound. When I inquired, they said it actually arrived that day. The next day, they quoted me a price of $
63K plus tax/title/tags. During the next day negotiations, my salesman (who was great) asked what it would take to make the deal. I gave him my price and requested installation of a deployable bed step and hard tri-fold tonneau cover. On 3 June they agreed to the deal. I went and test drove and purchased my truck. I love the truck and am happy with the deal.

MSRP: $70,635
Invoice: $64,567
Purchase price: $60K/15% off MSRP
Additional Savings/Add-ons: $8K (e.g. cash, equipment installs, extra gas, gift cards, 0% financing, etc.).
Adjusted Net Price:
$52K /27% below MSRP

Tmcb

Reaction score
I really enjoy this site. Member comments have been very useful and I would like to hear thoughts on internet pricing. I found a Laramie 2500 listed and the price drew me in the dealership. I drove the truck but was slightly surprised when the sales manager informed me that the price did not include dealer add ons. Price was $2200 more for tint, locked wheels, paint guard etc. all dealers do this. I feel had as I drove an hour to see this truck based on price. I walked.

I need a 2500 to tow a camper and love the way these 19’s ride, not to mention the features. Price is just too high. The 2020 will be hitting dealers in Sept. maybe prices will drop.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I really enjoy this site. Member comments have been very useful and I would like to hear thoughts on internet pricing. I found a Laramie 2500 listed and the price drew me in the dealership. I drove the truck but was slightly surprised when the sales manager informed me that the price did not include dealer add ons. Price was $2200 more for tint, locked wheels, paint guard etc. all dealers do this. I feel had as I drove an hour to see this truck based on price. I walked.

I need a 2500 to tow a camper and love the way these 19’s ride, not to mention the features. Price is just too high. The 2020 will be hitting dealers in Sept. maybe prices will drop.
If you like the truck, tell the dealer to takeoff all the add-ons that are possible, or just tell him you’ll take the truck as is minus the extra add on price. They’re in the business to sell vehicles, add-ons are just extra profit.

They may want over $2000 retail but likely have less than $7-800 their cost. That’s an approximate of course but still I’ll bet it’s at least double.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moparluver

Reaction score
On 7/17 I ended up with a right at 50k MSRP BigHorn for 34k OTD (no taxes) But it had a couple hail dings.. On white, the dings were hard to find. The dealer said they would fix for $1500, so if you factor that, it would have been 35,500. So @ 29% for the hassle of getting a couple dings fixed? hell yes.
In the Kansas city area the best I was able to negotiate was 24%. I ended up expanding my search, and found this @ Woodhouse in Blair NE
The experience was stellar, asked for OTD price, and that's what they got me. A little back and forth negotiation, and I drove 3 hours and picked up the truck same day.

They deliver for free (or at least the would to kansas city) and I would highly recommend.. They have a red bighorn that's well optioned with light hail damage that's also a good deal.

Reach out to:
Brandon Davis
Sales and Leasing Consultant
WOODHOUSE AUTO FAMILY
2151 S Hwy 30
Blair, Ne 68008
P: 402-677-4912

@bfulford7 thanks for the advise!!
So glad I found this thread.

F150toRAM

Reaction score
Still in the market. Started looking July 5th. Have had a couple deals for 15% off MSRP offered but have not pulled trigger because I cant find the exact truck I want. Just thought I would share. Also am a bit curious of what next month rebates/discounts are offered next month so I will hold off if I cant find all the options I want.

Last edited:

westcoast

Reaction score
My bighorn msrp was 51,950 and i got it for 38,980 on tuesday (2 days ago)

Bought my crew cab big horn on 7/12 in IL.

MSRP 51,150 and price before tax was $38,800 ish. 24% off. I’m very happy with the deal. Plus I talked them up $2,500 on my paid off trade

TwinSac

Reaction score
Bought mine last night:
Laramie $57,270
-$6,200 dealer discount
-$6,200 rebates (I had a $1000 coupon emailed)

$44,850 22% off sticker. It hadn't been on the lot for a week, so I lost some leverage but has everything I wanted.

12" screen, 3.92 gears, tow package, off road, 5'7" box, non e-torque in granite crystal. Center console w/ leather and bed step.

Future: maybe tonneau cover or bed liner.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Jflores14

Reaction score
Bought mine last night:
Laramie $57,270
-$6,200 dealer discount
-$6,200 rebates (I had a $1000 coupon emailed)

$44,850 22% off sticker. It hadn't been on the lot for a week, so I lost some leverage but has everything I wanted.

12" screen, 3.92 gears, tow package, off road, 5'7" box, non e-torque in granite crystal. Center console w/ leather and bed step.

Future: maybe tonneau cover or bed liner.

Do you know the breakdown of your $6200 in rebates also what zip code that applied to.

TwinSac

Reaction score
I'm in NorCal 95826
Got $4200 w/o any questions.
$1000 for competitor truck owner.
$1000 coupon email from manufacturer (I posted a pic of it a few days ago)

$500 more if I finance through them...not a good rate.

gary hollingsworth

Reaction score
I was able to get a new Big Horn for 14,000 off MSRP, but is was at end of month June and it had been on lot a long time. They had received holdback and lot fees, so I was able to negotiate with that information.

southpaw

Reaction score
Bought my crew cab big horn on 7/12 in IL.

MSRP 51,150 and price before tax was $38,800 ish. 24% off. I’m very happy with the deal. Plus I talked them up $2,500 on my paid off trade

Where in IL is this dealer? The ones in WI don't see to be as negotiable.

TwinSac

Reaction score
How do we get the $1,000 manufacturer coupon???
I don't know. I asked if this coupon was for real on the 15th if you want to see the original post.

I'm surprised it's not really a common email. Makes me appreciate it even more now.

Users who are viewing this thread