5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 inch screen dead!!!

Mrblue2225

Reaction score
I have 5th gen ram with 12 inch screen. Batterie died, got it jumped off. Now screen won't come on and the ac is not working. Like the whole dashboard is dead. Except speedometer screen. Blown fuse? Thanks.

Barnyard

Reaction score
Silly question, but did you try the Screen Off button?
0ed9ab710f61e110a99c9155f3c6550e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Barnyard

Reaction score
Ok, sometimes it's the simple things that get overlooked. Hopefully you didn't fry something when you jumped it off. Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hopefully you used a jump box not the old fashioned jumper cables. You can smoke electrics with those.
Too old I guess. What is a “jump box”? Does RAM manual warn against using “old fashion” jumper cables hooked up to another car’s battery or a battery charger? If so I need to re-educate myself?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Too old I guess. What is a “jump box”? Does RAM manual warn against using “old fashion” jumper cables hooked up to another car’s battery or a battery charger? If so I need to re-educate myself?
They don’t. If you plug the jumper cables in the correct sequence, nothing should get fried.

Mrblue2225

Reaction score
I think I fried it, ac is only 9n defrost, the dashboard doesn't work!! I'm screwed!!!

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score

there are handheld devices now that are strong enough to jump a car instead of those old huge suitcase size jump packs. They are rechargeable, can use it to recharge phones even, I have one and have had to use it, super convenient.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
there are handheld devices now that are strong enough to jump a car instead of those old huge suitcase size jump packs. They are rechargeable, can use it to recharge phones even, I have one and have had to use it, super convenient.

I get the impression from some of your posts, that you may have a "fleet" of vehicles you are responsible for, so I wonder, there are so many of these things out there, is there one you use and recommend?

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
I get the impression from some of your posts, that you may have a "fleet" of vehicles you are responsible for, so I wonder, there are so many of these things out there, is there one you use and recommend?

yes im the domestic fleet manager for the family, looking after 7 cars or so. I use an Aukey jump pack but apparently its not sold at Amazon anymore. I've used it a few times all successful.

AbitaPro

Reaction score
I have 5th gen ram with 12 inch screen. Batterie died, got it jumped off. Now screen won't come on and the ac is not working. Like the whole dashboard is dead. Except speedometer screen. Blown fuse? Thanks.
Do Not Be Alarmed !

When you disconnect the battery this happens. It’s a normal occurrence for the 12” screen.

The system will repopulate overnight and all will be good as new. Give it 24 hours.

Been there Done that.....

Mrblue2225

Reaction score
Do Not Be Alarmed !

When you disconnect the battery this happens. It’s a normal occurrence for the 12” screen.

The system will repopulate overnight and all will be good as new. Give it 24 hours.

Been there Done that.....
Its been 24hrs and no luck!!!

AbitaPro

Reaction score
Its been 24hrs and no luck!!!
Not sure the specific issue on your truck, but during my Trailer Brake Controller install, same issue happened.
Did not happen on the 8.4” screen, only the 12”.

After install, removal, install it happened each instance and within 24 hours or less, the system fully recovered and restored itself to Factory settings, including any personal settings.

Now my truck sits outside under cover and has access to satellite....

Good luck with yours

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

Attachments

• 04 - Vehicle Quick Reference:Jump Starting:Standard Procedure STANDARD PROCEDURE - JUMP START...pdf
    145 KB · Views: 28

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2 whole pages, wow. That makes a simple process quite complicated:
- pull out your cables, open your hoods
- remember that the cable ends should only ever touch battery terminals, and black goes to black, red to red.
- start with "dead red" cable end, then connect the circuit back down to the dead truck

Well, that was how I was taught anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online