5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Hottest Selling Vehicle So Far in 2019"

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
According to USA Today, the 2019 Ram 1500 ranks #1:

"If we could give a Most Valuable Player award to any vehicle in the auto industry, this one would deserve the honor for the first half of the year."

"...it's hard to view the Ram's rise after a recent total redesign as anything other than a major victory for Fiat Chrysler in the pickup wars."

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I loved my 2015 F150 2.7L Ecoboost, I honestly didn't think I could love another vehicle more than that.

But then came my Rebel, so far it's been the honeymoon period, finding any excuse to drive it. Not to sound like a jerk, but as a Ford guy, I didn't expect such solid quality for a first year all-new design from FCA. But honestly, pleasantly surprised not just in the styling of the exterior and interior, but how well it's put together and the quality of materials used.

This truck is solid in build and execution from inside out, so far (knock on wood).

saxapl

Reaction score
The huge discounts on the price do not hurt either. Buying a truck which has a newer design and more cutting edge tech than Ford or GM at a lower price is a recipe for success.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The huge discounts on the price do not hurt either. Buying a truck which has a newer design and more cutting edge tech than Ford or GM at a lower price is a recipe for success.

Yup. RAM used to be about the deal, and maybe the Hemi. Now it's about the best truck on the market and still comes at a great deal. Pretty easy decision really.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
I loved my 2015 F150 2.7L Ecoboost, I honestly didn't think I could love another vehicle more than that.

But then came my Rebel, so far it's been the honeymoon period, finding any excuse to drive it. Not to sound like a jerk, but as a Ford guy, I didn't expect such solid quality for a first year all-new design from FCA. But honestly, pleasantly surprised not just in the styling of the exterior and interior, but how well it's put together and the quality of materials used.

This truck is solid in build and execution from inside out, so far (knock on wood).
Coming from a Porsche and Audi I did not expect quality or ownership enjoyment out of our Durango. 100k miles later I was proved very wrong.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Coming from a Porsche and Audi I did not expect quality or ownership enjoyment out of our Durango. 100k miles later I was proved very wrong.

Same here. I bought a Mercedes not long ago and while the interior is more aesthetically pleasing than the Ram, for about the same price... the build quality of this truck is almost on par, if not better in some ways. My only complaint about the American market is that the infotainment just is not polished at all and lacks far behind our german cars. Other than that, in love.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here. I bought a Mercedes not long ago and while the interior is more aesthetically pleasing than the Ram, for about the same price... the build quality of this truck is almost on par, if not better in some ways. My only complaint about the American market is that the infotainment just is not polished at all and lacks far behind our german cars. Other than that, in love.

I have the 12" Uconnect.

The best Mercedes experience I can compare it to is what's in a friend's '18 GLC300. In that comparison, I feel like the Uconnect wins by a mile. But, I do realize that sticker on my truck was about 50% more than the sticker on the GLC300.

What things do you think are better for infotainment in German cars?

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had an '09 1500. The first year of the 4th Gen. I feel like the 4th Gen is where Ram trucks really made the leap to being as good or better than the competition. I only owned Ford trucks before that - and had 6 or 7 in a row. I don't think the 4th Gen was WAY ahead of the competition (like the 5th Gen is now). But, I felt like it was at least as good and less expensive.

I traded in my '09 a couple of weeks ago with 193K miles on it and I can say that it went in the shop a few times in our years together, but it NEVER left me on the side of the road. It never needed a single thing done to the transmission and the only thing the engine ever needed was exhaust leaks fixed from broken header bolts or cracked exhaust manifolds. That happened 6 or 7 times, but since it was not something that would ever ruin a trip, and it was always fixed quickly and under warranty I'm not complaining.

I'm really glad the changes that started 10 (or more) years ago have really come to fruition and Dodge/Ram is finally starting to get the recognition they deserve for making good products, at good prices, that have the features that people actually want.

In the last 10 years, I can honestly say, even though I was a solid Ford guy before, Ford has not made a single truck I would have wanted to trade my '09 RAM 1500 for. The only thing I ever REALLY wanted that my truck didn't have was Adaptive Cruise Control. And that is why I have a new '19 now. :)

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
Wanted to upgrade from my ‘17 F-150 XLT Sport ( tired of freezing door locks and a Transmission that couldn’t decide what gear to be in). Previously had a ‘12 Dakota (horrible), and a ‘14 1500 ( very nice). Looked at F-150s, Raptors, Silverados, and GMCs. Didn’t look at the Japanese brands. After reviewing the options and value, the 1500 Limited blew the others out of the water. Extremely happy with my change.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I have the 12" Uconnect.

The best Mercedes experience I can compare it to is what's in a friend's '18 GLC300. In that comparison, I feel like the Uconnect wins by a mile. But, I do realize that sticker on my truck was about 50% more than the sticker on the GLC300.

What things do you think are better for infotainment in German cars?

That car doesn't have the new MBUX system. Give it a video and you'll see what I'm talking about. :)

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's crazy how many 5th gen Rams I am seeing now. I go to Lowe's or the grocery store and their will be like 5 parked in the lot. There selling like hot cakes around here.

Users who are viewing this thread