5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member to the Ram Family ( 2019 Laramie Sport)

GermanDreams

Reaction score
Hey All!

I've been lurking around the site for a few weeks since i bought the new truck and decided it was time to introduce my self to everyone.
Just wanted to start off by saying i have own many trucks ( 3 F150s and 1 Silverado) and decided it was time to try out the 5th Gen Ram. Man i an so glad i did !
I went to the dealership just to check them out but was offer my truck for 40k OTD ( that was almost 20k off the sticker price (y)). This is hands down the nicest and most amazing vehicle i have ever owned!!

I picked up a 2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4x4 that has every option but the 12" screen.
So far i have ordered/Installed the following :eek:
-SmartLiner Floor Mats
-8.4 glass screen protector
-Covercraft Sun shade
-AEM filter (and removed the charcoal filter)
-UPR oil catch can
-B2fabrication Magnaflow muffler
-BAKFlip G2 Tonneau Cover
-Tinted all windows with Ceramic Tint

Parts that will be ordered soon
-Speakers for the 3 dash speakers
-leveling kit or 2-3" lift w/35" tires
-Auto steps

I have also done a full paint correction and getting ready to do full ceramic coating on the truck

Attachments

• 20190611_201522.jpg
    20190611_201522.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 20190611_201803.jpg
    20190611_201803.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20190629_114603.jpg
    20190629_114603.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 20190621_154534.jpg
    20190621_154534.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 40

GermanDreams

Reaction score
Question for everyone. I know the front door speakers are low/mid range, Has everyone ever put in component speakers without the bypass or tweeters? I have most companies sell some nice 6x9 components that should fit the bill perfectly .

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase. That white sport looks amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GermanDreams

Reaction score
Congratulations!!! You can swap those speakers out, absolutely.
Thank you! Yeah I'm going to start a stereo build pretty soon . I'm doing some research to figure out what to do with the stock subwoofer , it sounds good but don't like the sound of the plastic box plus I have hear it vibrating back there . Might try to to put out 2 6.5 subs in under the back seat wired to the stock amp. I'll put 2 channels to one the the subs (2ohm dual voice coil) and wire the other in series to a 4 ohm dual voice coil which would drop it to around 2 ohm.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome. Lots of great stereo threads here.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

chithead

Reaction score
I've been racking my brain for over a week now on which direction to go with the stereo. Like you, 6.5" subs would fit vertically, because not many options will fit either way. Get a decent 10 or 12, too tall. Get a shallow sub, no output, crappy sound quality, etc. I've heard a few upfiring subs in trucks like ours and never really liked them. Front firing or down firing seems like the best options. Have been researching the best shallow subs to build a downfire enclosure for ours - right now, OnCore SM is leading the pack in my eyes. DD is in close second with their SL sub. The JL TW1, TW3, and TW5 are all great subwoofers too, but I'm leaning more towards sound quality this time.

Reaper_6A

Reaction score
I've been racking my brain for over a week now on which direction to go with the stereo. Like you, 6.5" subs would fit vertically, because not many options will fit either way. Get a decent 10 or 12, too tall. Get a shallow sub, no output, crappy sound quality, etc. I've heard a few upfiring subs in trucks like ours and never really liked them. Front firing or down firing seems like the best options. Have been researching the best shallow subs to build a downfire enclosure for ours - right now, OnCore SM is leading the pack in my eyes. DD is in close second with their SL sub. The JL TW1, TW3, and TW5 are all great subwoofers too, but I'm leaning more towards sound quality this time.

I’ve got 2 JL 10TW3D4’s in a sealed box with a JL XD1000/5v2 and it sounds amazing and hits hard. Not as hard as a Rockford T1 12” but your not fitting that in the truck. Compromise sucks!

GermanDreams

Reaction score
Do you plan on running a separate amp ? I was trying to avoid this because I tend to go crazy with car audio and will end up with 5k setup before I'm done lol.

I was thinking about building a box for 2 or 3 6.5" and run them on the stock amp (since the stock sub is 3 voice coils) . You can get 2ohm 6.5s that have a low RMS so it should sound decent .

GermanDreams

Reaction score
I’ve got 2 JL 10TW3D4’s in a sealed box with a JL XD1000/5v2 and it sounds amazing and hits hard. Not as hard as a Rockford T1 12” but your not fitting that in the truck. Compromise sucks!
I had 2 of the 10tw3d4s in my Silverado and they sounded amazing . They were also paired with jl comments in all 4 doors to help with the mids and highs

GermanDreams

Reaction score
Welcome. Lots of great stereo threads here.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Yeah there is lots of good stereo links but not too many people seem to be trying to run off the stock amp. I'm going to end up ordering the stuff and give it a go, I'll make a treat to let everyone know how it turns out.

Thanks for the heads up , I'll go apply right now !

chithead

Reaction score
Do you plan on running a separate amp ? I was trying to avoid this because I tend to go crazy with car audio and will end up with 5k setup before I'm done lol.

I was thinking about building a box for 2 or 3 6.5" and run them on the stock amp (since the stock sub is 3 voice coils) . You can get 2ohm 6.5s that have a low RMS so it should sound decent .

I do plan on running separate amps with a DSP. Had a pretty nice setup in our previous Grand Cherokee, and pulled almost all of it for reuse in the Ram, only to find the speakers don't fit. Plus I'm going with a PAC AmpPro instead of the Rockford DSR1 this time.

Users who are viewing this thread