5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New SC owner

TigerRam

Reaction score
Hello 5thgen World,
New RAM owner here in SC. Picked her out a week ago today at Keffer in Charlotte. I ended up with a Granite Crystal Sport Bighorn, even though I kinda wanted the max steel, but wife said it was too close to our T&C minivan's color.
It was a tough call and close tie between the Ram or a Gladiator. In the end space, practically, and price moved me to the Ram, which makes sense with 3 boys to tote around.

Only one week in and it didn't take long to fall in love with the LED package, it's a life changing choice for night driving. The ParkSense is giving me some fits on backing out of my sloped driveway, and a few random false positives in parking lots, but I'm grateful for the system as I upgraded from a 08 RAV4, and it's been a few since I got rid of my F150.

Got a great deal on it due to the June promos, it was just too good to walk away from.

To do mods:
- CAI
- black out badges
- black out stock 18's
- 2" leveling kit
- aftermarket leather (maybe)

Open to suggestions, links, how-to's, and other forms of wisdom.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums!
and .. um .. Get some pics! LOL just teasing.

I pre-ordered a new truck myself with the incentives and what the dealer was giving me for trade in on my lease.

Tim N

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome. Glad you are enjoying the new truck and took advantage of the insane June deals. If the rear brake assist keeps giving you trouble you might have to have them replace the rear brake assist module. It’s a known issue. I had to have mine done and now it’s near perfect. Only kicks it rarely on big slopes and when I’m coming in hot. Go grab this extra $250...

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

TigerRam

Reaction score
Welcome. Glad you are enjoying the new truck and took advantage of the insane June deals. If the rear brake assist keeps giving you trouble you might have to have them replace the rear brake assist module. It’s a known issue. I had to have mine done and now it’s near perfect. Only kicks it rarely on big slopes and when I’m coming in hot. Go grab this extra $250...

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Thanks for the heads up on the parking module and the rebate, definitely doing that today!

Yeah backing out of the driveway it will slam on the brakes and about give you whiplash.

chithead

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of Ram!!! Just bought ours last week too in Charlotte, but from Classic in Pineville. I think you still made a great color choice!

You can turn that ParkSense feature off if you want to in the settings. I haven't yet, but it sure doesn't like when we get too close to the hedges around the driveway.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm still in awe that the 1500 doesn't have a "sensitivity" setting like other Mopar products do. (uConnect settings and High . Med . Low - is what I had to set to myself after thinking I backed into my retaining wall).

Users who are viewing this thread