5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Raptor for a Rebel

Kicker56

Reaction score
Like a few people have done, I traded my ‘18 Raptor for a ‘19 Rebel. I couldn’t be more pleased with my decision. I’ll try to get pictures up shortly for a before and after. Came with Rebel 12A, tow mirrors w/BSM (which I absolutely hate and already ordered regular mirrors from infotainment with 10% discount, that’s my only complaint with truck is the crock of s**t losing power folding for a worthless upgrade), Moonroof, and Air Ride (didn’t care if it had this but only truck I could find had this). I just ordered RB20 running boards w/ bed liner coating (called real truck to see if they’d match an online offer of $500, and they did all over the phone, everywhere else is $600). I got the truck on Monday with the last day for incentives and this is the only Rebel in the color I wanted that had BSM/Rebel12/Moonroof. I got my truck from Louisville CJDR which was awesome, they had dealer add ons which I hate but they were still beating the brakes off of everyone $62K sticker $44.5K sales with $1500 add ons (tint/protective film/wheel locks) included in that. Gave $57K for my Raptor trade with 25,000 miles and had for 18 months paid $63K for it.

JB2

Reaction score
With a nod to Ford with regard to late-model Raptors, the trade in values for them are consistently phenomenal.... in all regions. Most vehicles that sell for north of $60k depreciate $8k the moment you drive them off the lot. You got 25,000 miles and 1.5 years, nice work. Congrats on the new truck!

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck and welcome. You qualify for this totally separate rebate. Here’s an extra $250 for mods.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Kicker56

Reaction score
Congrats on the truck and welcome. You qualify for this totally separate rebate. Here’s an extra $250 for mods.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf
Thanks Patsy did that yesterday and they might have updated it, but you can also use your trade if non FCA just need a photo of the trade in on the sales contract. Definitely helping with the mods.

Kicker56

Reaction score
With a nod to Ford with regard to late-model Raptors, the trade in values for them are consistently phenomenal.... in all regions. Most vehicles that sell for north of $60k depreciate $8k the moment you drive them off the lot. You got 25,000 miles and 1.5 years, nice work. Congrats on the new truck!
Yup the only reason I got the truck at the time is my friend was a new car sales manager for Ford and did me a solid and knew I could flip it when I found the right deal. Values of them are also starting to take a hit too since they are producing so many.

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
I have zero regrets in trading in my Raptor for my Rebel. Congrats on making the trade. I may have just a hint of ponderance in whether or not I should have stepped up to a Power Wagon. If the PW had the new 1500 cab I likely would have. But yeah the engine in the Raptor is what killed it for me. The new Ram 1500's are so nice. And with the incentives they had in June made the decision very easy to switch back over to owning a Ram again. I'll be going on a 2,500 trip with my Rebel in a few days. One leg of it I drove last time in my Raptor so looking forward to see the difference in MPG's. So far around town my Rebel is getting about the same.

RebelRam

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new Ram. I got mine Monday as well. The incentives were irresistible.

The tow mirrors are the one thing I hate about mine as well. Just don’t know if I hate them $1,400 bad. I think I hate them max $500 bad. So I’ll probably just live with them.

Kicker56

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new Ram. I got mine Monday as well. The incentives were irresistible.

The tow mirrors are the one thing I hate about mine as well. Just don’t know if I hate them $1,400 bad. I think I hate them max $500 bad. So I’ll probably just live with them.
I don’t know about you but almost every truck around my area has them too, must be some push from above to spec trucks with them. Driving in Columbus on the interstate I need better than this junk and I also need power folding to get the truck into my garage. There should be a price decrease when this junk is added to level II package not an upcharge. I tried so hard to find what I wanted without the trailer mirrors but it was impossible to get my other wants, luckily with the price I got on this truck I budgeted getting the mirrors after. One other thing that blows my mind is how few trucks had a 33 galllon tank but had the trailer mirrors. That’s a thing I’m investigating now is adding the 33 gallon tank eventually, but I can handle having to fill up the gas tank more frequently.

Last edited:

Kicker56

Reaction score
I have zero regrets in trading in my Raptor for my Rebel. Congrats on making the trade. I may have just a hint of ponderance in whether or not I should have stepped up to a Power Wagon. If the PW had the new 1500 cab I likely would have. But yeah the engine in the Raptor is what killed it for me. The new Ram 1500's are so nice. And with the incentives they had in June made the decision very easy to switch back over to owning a Ram again. I'll be going on a 2,500 trip with my Rebel in a few days. One leg of it I drove last time in my Raptor so looking forward to see the difference in MPG's. So far around town my Rebel is getting about the same.
I’d be interested in that too. I’m waiting for my MPG to get better, only at 15 MPG now but just breaking it in. I was about 18 MPG on the Raptor. I’m not missing anything from the Raptor vs my Rebel. I feel the tech and interior is way ahead of the Raptor, and it is easier to drive the Rebel around the city and will be miles ahead when I get my new mirrors.

RebelRam

Reaction score
I don’t know about you but almost every truck around my area has them too, must be some push from above to spec trucks with them. Driving in Columbus on the interstate I need better than this junk and I also need power folding to get the truck into my garage. There should be a price decrease when this junk is added to level II package not an upcharge. I tried so hard to find what I wanted without the trailer mirrors but it was impossible to get my other wants, luckily with the price I got on this truck I budgeted getting the mirrors after. One other thing that blows my mind is how few trucks had a 33 galllon tank but had the trailer mirrors. That’s a thing I’m investigating now is adding the 33 gallon tank eventually, but I can handle having to fill up the gas tank more frequently.

Same here as far as the trailer tow mirrors go. In the upper trims (Laramie, longhorn, limited, Rebel) there was only one truck on the lot that didn’t have the tow mirrors and that one was a rebel without the pano sunroof, which I could have lived without, but only had the six speaker system, which was a deal breaker for me.

The truck I ended up getting was a demo that the owner of the lot was driving. It has 4K on it when I bought it. Of course, they discounted it due to mileage on top of the June incentives. But the 33 gallon gas tank and a few other things it had optioned out, sold me on it.

If there’s two things I had to pick on this truck that slightly irk me, is the tow mirrors and the lack of cooled seats (which I don’t believe you can get on a Rebel). Other than that it’s perfect, and the best vehicle I’ve purchased yet.

I came from a 2014 Ram sport (w/power mirrors). So I sure do miss them. I don’t have a garage though so I don’t have to worry about that. I just miss the power fold for tight spaces. I tell myself though that since the mirrors exteriors are unpainted I don’t mind so much if someone hits them. :ROFLMAO:

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
I was lucky to find my Rebel without the tow package but with the trailer brake control. The stock mirrors are plenty big for what I tow. I think the dealers just don't scrutinize the options. They see 'trailer pkg' and they just check the box.

edgarrian

Reaction score
Im kind of surprised how many people are trading in their raptors for rebels. I have never owned a raptor so I really can't speak about them. Although I have seen the insides. The cabin seems a bit unimpressive considering what you are spending. If Ram comes out with the TRX. I bet that thing will sell like hot cakes if you have 80k laying around.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Im kind of surprised how many people are trading in their raptors for rebels. I have never owned a raptor so I really can't speak about them. Although I have seen the insides. The cabin seems a bit unimpressive considering what you are spending. If Ram comes out with the TRX. I bet that thing will sell like hot cakes if you have 80k laying around.

Big thing about the Raptor is it's based on the oldest full-size domestic platform, which includes it's now dated interior. No one is doubting the Raptor's performance out in the open desert, but for daily use, it's super wide and you really can't enjoy all that off-road tech.

Funny thing is, at my RAM dealership, the head engine tech drives a current gen Raptor, parked where everyone can see it.

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
I’d be interested in that too. I’m waiting for my MPG to get better, only at 15 MPG now but just breaking it in. I was about 18 MPG on the Raptor. I’m not missing anything from the Raptor vs my Rebel. I feel the tech and interior is way ahead of the Raptor, and it is easier to drive the Rebel around the city and will be miles ahead when I get my new mirrors.

Ok just got back from a tour starting in Oregon and went to Boise, SLC, Fort Collins, Boulder and back to Oregon. Somewhere between 3,500-3,800 miles. AVG through the whole trip was 15.6. Some city traffic but the vast majority was higher speed highway travel. The speed limits in most of the remote stretches were 80 mph and I was going 85 much of the time. I'd say my MPG avg was that of my Raptor. The difference is the price of gas as the Raptor requires premium fuel whereas I put 89 in the Rebel.

Users who are viewing this thread