5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Send your cali dealer a copy of the accepted contract, “just for grins”...

I went by my selling dealer (Criswell Gaithersburg) yesterday and mentioned the steals going on (the 15%) and the sales manager said it was only on certain trucks, that out of the ~100 they had, only ~30 qualified. Whatever.

Regarding the quote above, I was shopping F-150s in 2011 and had one dealer jerk me around on trade-in. They were literally $4,000 off of where I wanted to be (a reasonable OTD figure), and it was all trade-in. They told me to prove them wrong by getting the CarMax quote, so I did. They only came up half. I laughed the guy off the phone and told him if they weren't willing to meet CarMax's number, there was no deal. Two days later I found the truck I ended up buying, at a different dealership, who did all the negotiating over the phone and accepted the CarMax. Their used car manager was aghast that CarMax had put such a high figure on my car, but still OKed the deal. Three weeks after I bought my truck, the original dealer's sales manager called and said she understood we were off by "a few hundred dollars." I corrected her and she said there was no way. I told her, "tell that to the new truck sitting in my driveway." and hung up :D

-John

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
I went by my selling dealer (Criswell Gaithersburg) yesterday and mentioned the steals going on (the 15%) and the sales manager said it was only on certain trucks, that out of the ~100 they had, only ~30 qualified. Whatever.

I'm pretty sure that's 100% the truth. In order to qualify for the incentive they need to have already been in dealer inventory for a certain period of time.

Jflores14

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's 100% the truth. In order to qualify for the incentive they need to have already been in dealer inventory for a certain period of time.
I'm not sure if it is or not. Just know around here in Texas, the Dealers around me are showing every vehicle on the lot qualifying for the 15% incentive. It's the 20% incentive on select inventory of Big Horns that has the time requirement. Which is oldest 15% of inventory as of 6/4/2019 on dealer lots.

mardwin

Reaction score

Regarding the quote above, I was shopping F-150s in 2011 and had one dealer jerk me around on trade-in. They were literally $4,000 off of where I wanted to be (a reasonable OTD figure), and it was all trade-in. They told me to prove them wrong by getting the CarMax quote, so I did. They only came up half. I laughed the guy off the phone and told him if they weren't willing to meet CarMax's number, there was no deal. Two days later I found the truck I ended up buying, at a different dealership, who did all the negotiating over the phone and accepted the CarMax. Their used car manager was aghast that CarMax had put such a high figure on my car, but still OKed the deal. Three weeks after I bought my truck, the original dealer's sales manager called and said she understood we were off by "a few hundred dollars." I corrected her and she said there was no way. I told her, "tell that to the new truck sitting in my driveway." and hung up :D

-John

Hey there! I'm a Marylander as well working with Criswell in Thurmont on trying to get the best deal on a Rebel. They have a few on their site with a price of 30%+ of MSRP, the problem is that many don't include all the features that I want (sunroof, powered passenger seat, rambox, air suspension, etc). The guy I'm working with is going to check other dealerships inventory to see if they can find the right vehicle.

I literally just walked out of Darcars in Silver Spring. The GM quoted me $52K on a $63K MSRP Rebel... their site has a listing price of ~$50K not to mention the guy saw me checking the site while he was talking to me.

ppowell1983

Reaction score

-John
When my wife bought my 2019 Ram Limited on 6/15/2019 in chicagoland all dealers were giving between 26.5% and 27% off of MSRP on the trucks. Bettenhausen in Tinley Park IL is a great dealer that I would highly recommend. If you are only getting 15% or less on the truck that you want, it is probably worth it to find the truck out here, fly and drive back. You will definitely save more than 10% over what that dealer is telling you. If you need help with a vehicle or looking for someone to scope it out for you prior to coming let me know. I have done that for a few people in the past.

Paul

MPMRam

Reaction score
If your truck somehow comes in before 7/1 I would not wait for next month. It currently qualifies for $10,098.75 manufacture incentive with this month's 15% manufacture cash allowance on all ram 1500s.
So would the 15% be on top of the dealer discount? MSRP $67,735 minus dealer discount is $58,735. So is the 15% off $67,735 or the $58,735?

ppowell1983

Reaction score
So would the 15% be on top of the dealer discount? MSRP $67,735 minus dealer discount is $58,735. So is the 15% off $67,735 or the $58,735?

The 15% rebate offered by Ram is off of MSRP. The dealers have been taking 11-12% off of MSRP and stacking it. My wife bought my Ram that had an MSRP of 69,040 and paid $50,739 plus tax, title and license. I hope that helps you. Here’s a picture of my truck

4c90870a52f2cc92acee233e8d84ec8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MPMRam

Reaction score
The 15% rebate offered by Ram is off of MSRP. The dealers have been taking 11-12% off of MSRP and stacking it. My wife bought my Ram that had an MSRP of 69,040 and paid $50,739 plus tax, title and license. I hope that helps you. Here’s a picture of my truck

4c90870a52f2cc92acee233e8d84ec8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, I’ll post once I take delivery

bigwidge

Reaction score
Hey there! I'm a Marylander as well working with Criswell in Thurmont on trying to get the best deal on a Rebel. They have a few on their site with a price of 30%+ of MSRP, the problem is that many don't include all the features that I want (sunroof, powered passenger seat, rambox, air suspension, etc). The guy I'm working with is going to check other dealerships inventory to see if they can find the right vehicle.

I literally just walked out of Darcars in Silver Spring. The GM quoted me $52K on a $63K MSRP Rebel... their site has a listing price of ~$50K not to mention the guy saw me checking the site while he was talking to me.

I went to Darcars back in 2015 when I was truck shopping- holy moly I've never seen a more a$$ backward operation. They were rude, pushy, and tried to push pricing that was higher than the sticker on the truck (I mean c'mon, really?). When I told them I'd never purchase there they completely switched to bad-cop, saying I was aiming too high for my price point and would never find a better deal than them. Surprise, found one a few days later!

DraKhen99

Reaction score

Darcars is horrible. I will never give them a single cent of my money. Their reputation is the worst in the area, by a large margin. I have a few friends and acquaintances that have been there, and I am pretty sure all but one had a horrible experience. They ripped me off on a used car warranty back in 2007 (I filled out 5-year paperwork and they submitted 3-year paperwork, but by the time I found out I had moved several times and didn't have the original paperwork any more), and I have vowed to never buy anything from them.

When my wife bought my 2019 Ram Limited on 6/15/2019 in chicagoland all dealers were giving between 26.5% and 27% off of MSRP on the trucks. Bettenhausen in Tinley Park IL is a great dealer that I would highly recommend. If you are only getting 15% or less on the truck that you want, it is probably worth it to find the truck out here, fly and drive back. You will definitely save more than 10% over what that dealer is telling you. If you need help with a vehicle or looking for someone to scope it out for you prior to coming let me know. I have done that for a few people in the past.

Paul

Thanks for the offer, but I bought my truck back in May - it's a few pages back now (so not readily apparent that I had already bought), and I got like 15% off sticker then. If only I'd waited, right?

I went to Darcars back in 2015 when I was truck shopping- holy moly I've never seen a more a$$ backward operation. They were rude, pushy, and tried to push pricing that was higher than the sticker on the truck (I mean c'mon, really?). When I told them I'd never purchase there they completely switched to bad-cop, saying I was aiming too high for my price point and would never find a better deal than them. Surprise, found one a few days later!

Oh yeah, they're bad. One of their sales managers yelled at me in the middle of their showroom one time. He wasn't still there when I was shopping for a new car a few years later, so I gave them a second chance (see story above). Nope, not again. In the aforementioned story, I had scheduled an appointment to see a used Mustang and the sales guy was an HOUR late (showed up at 11 for a 10am Saturday appointment) and the first words out of his mouth were, "so, what's it gonna take to put you in that Mustang today?" This is after the sales manager and I had already found the car, PUT GAS IN IT, and got it out from behind 2 cars blocking it in. I turned to the sales manager and said, "if you want to sell that Mustang today, I will only deal with you and NOT him." Friends don't let friends go to Darcars.

-John

Flamma

Reaction score
Factory ordered on June 1st. Truck delivered on June 25th. Finalized deal on June 26th.

MSRP was $62K --> OTD $47K.

29% off MSRP before Taxes/Trade/Fee.

Cool salesman - good deal.

CoachLarry

Reaction score

Marylander here also and just got my limited Saturday. Was considering Thurmont as well but couldn't find what I was looking for. I ended up finding one in Catonsville at Antwerpen, and got 28.5% off MSRP. Good luck on the search.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it is or not. Just know around here in Texas, the Dealers around me are showing every vehicle on the lot qualifying for the 15% incentive. It's the 20% incentive on select inventory of Big Horns that has the time requirement. Which is oldest 15% of inventory as of 6/4/2019 on dealer lots.
I was working with Lindsay in Manassas VA on a fresh off the truck Laramie Sport that hadn't even been brought through delivery yet, and they were at 27.5% off before I ended up negotiating on a different truck that I did end up buying at 30% off. I will say that the truck I bought was built 12/18 and was on the lot with a January inspections sticker, so it was older inventory. However, I was at 27.5% on the fresh off the truck one, and pretty sure I could have eventually gotten them down to 30% too. At this point in time, regardless of what the official rebates are from RAM, the dealers are generally willing to negotiate 25-30% of any truck on their lot. The one thing that none of the three dealers I went to would do is transfer a truck from another dealership. So, I had to find the truck I wanted, and negotiate directly with that dealer. They are discounting them so much, it must be too expensive for them to hassle with swapping vehicles with each other.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Marylander here also and just got my limited Saturday. Was considering Thurmont as well but couldn't find what I was looking for. I ended up finding one in Catonsville at Antwerpen, and got 28.5% off MSRP. Good luck on the search.

The Limited trucks around here (MD/DC/NVA) have been mostly odd ducks, at least as far as I'm concerned. I was looking for a specific set of options, and the only one I found within 150 miles was the truck I bought... hence why I didn't spend any time thinking about it - I just got it.

-John

rrbhokies

Reaction score
The Limited trucks around here (MD/DC/NVA) have been mostly odd ducks, at least as far as I'm concerned. I was looking for a specific set of options, and the only one I found within 150 miles was the truck I bought... hence why I didn't spend any time thinking about it - I just got it.

-John
That's good point about being able to find the specific one that has the options you want. It's getting much harder to find a truck that matches what you want. They are literally flying off the lots at these discounts. At one point, I had two trucks I was looking at sell the next day before I could make a decision. My advice is find the truck you really want, work for something above 25%, and make the deal that day because it may not be there the next day when you come back.

bigwidge

Reaction score
I was working with Lindsay in Manassas VA on a fresh off the truck Laramie Sport that hadn't even been brought through delivery yet, and they were at 27.5% off before I ended up negotiating on a different truck that I did end up buying at 30% off. I will say that the truck I bought was built 12/18 and was on the lot with a January inspections sticker, so it was older inventory. However, I was at 27.5% on the fresh off the truck one, and pretty sure I could have eventually gotten them down to 30% too. At this point in time, regardless of what the official rebates are from RAM, the dealers are generally willing to negotiate 25-30% of any truck on their lot. The one thing that none of the three dealers I went to would do is transfer a truck from another dealership. So, I had to find the truck I wanted, and negotiate directly with that dealer. They are discounting them so much, it must be too expensive for them to hassle with swapping vehicles with each other.
I've been communicating with Lindsay a bit. Haven't paid a visit as they are 3 hours away from me, but so far they've been very respectful, kind, and eager to work with me. Planning to go tomorrow. I'm waiting on a phone call to see what they can find me in a Big Horn crew cab with 12" screen.

Letting them do the homework because you'd be surprised how many dealers incorrectly list their vehicles on the minor stuff (listed as an 8.4" when it really has a 12", no filter for screen size at all, etc), which makes it hard to search for "exactly" what I want.

Last edited:

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Letting them do the homework because you'd be surprised how many dealers incorrectly list their vehicles on the minor stuff (listed as an 8.4" when it really has a 12", no filter for screen size at all, etc), which makes it hard to search for "exactly" what I want.
Not just the dealer sites, but also the Ram Truck site where you can build and price and then search for new inventory. Their search functionality is horrible, often resets the filters, and it doesn't show results from all dealers. The whole research process was an exercise in frustration.

mardwin

Reaction score

That's an awesome deal. I'm thinking about doing a factory build and hope the 15% rebate stays around or grow by the time of delivery. I called the FCA Incentive dept, the guy said that he couldn't be certain about next month's promotions but that they will not be worst than what's currently being offered. So the 15% of MSRP has been around for more than a few months now and with 2020 models slated to arrive in early Oct that means better deals in older models.

Users who are viewing this thread