5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about the RAMBox cargo system.

Kornfrk2727

Reaction score
Found a new ram 1500 with all my options I want besides the RAMBox. Never looked into it but from videos I can’t tell if the bed of the truck is smaller than one without it. Is the bed of the truck same size with or without the RAMBox? Thanks

Barnyard

Reaction score
Internal width of the bed on the rambox is narrower than the standard bed. It's roughly the same width as the wheel wells. For me, this wasn't an issue, and the convenience of the ramboxes far outweighs the loss of bed space

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Lize

Reaction score
I love the boxes, only had the truck a couple of weeks and wouldn't be without them, I've never found the wheel well that practical to actually use and leads to disorganisation in the bed. Depends what you are planning to carry.

See this post here where I fitted a non-box bedrug, I really surprised how little I actually cut off.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Internal width of the bed on the rambox is narrower than the standard bed. It's roughly the same width as the wheel wells. For me, this wasn't an issue, and the convenience of the ramboxes far outweighs the loss of bed space

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Actually, the floor width at the wheel wells is slightly wider with RamBoxes. But you lose the “pockets” fore and aft of the wheel wells, of course.

A big side benefit to the RamBox bed (to me) is that the cargo divider can lock very securely at any location from front to back of the bed. Very useful (in addition to having two extra locking “trunks” on the truck)!

Lize

Reaction score
A big side benefit to the RamBox bed (to me) is that the cargo divider can lock very securely at any location from front to back of the bed.
Yes I agree, the bed divider is excellent and very good in extender mode, almost worth the boxes just for that.

Longhorn57

Reaction score
Yes I agree, the bed divider is excellent and very good in extender mode, almost worth the boxes just for that.
I also have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn with the Rambox. I love the divider especially since it keeps stuff toward the back of the bed and prevents me from having to crawl into the bed to get my stuff. But I don't see how it secures in "extender"mode. Anyone got a picture or info on the required brackets?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I also have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn with the Rambox. I love the divider especially since it keeps stuff toward the back of the bed and prevents me from having to crawl into the bed to get my stuff. But I don't see how it secures in "extender"mode. Anyone got a picture or info on the required brackets?
Pics in previous threads:

Ram92131

Reaction score
The Ramboxes are great and I use them all the time. I think the only real drawback is that you can’t have a cap on the truck bed. Not an issue for me.

Justbry

Reaction score
Is the divider included in the RamBox package or are they sold separately?
I don’t think the divider is included, I recently purchased a 2019 Rebel with RamBox, when I mentioned the divider to the salesman he thought the 19’s didn’t come with them and that none of the other trucks in inventory had them either. I believe you need the BUG option to get the dividers.

Psimpson

Reaction score
do you realize the divider will also attach to the end of the bed and keep cargo on the tailgate? I had my dealer order the pieces that attach to the bed and then attach to the divider.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
do you realize the divider will also attach to the end of the bed and keep cargo on the tailgate? I had my dealer order the pieces that attach to the bed and then attach to the divider.
I just shared an old thread with pictures of that like 5 posts above.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It cracks me up when people say they lose space with the RamBox. As stated above, the cargo area is wider at the wheel wells, and being only available on the 5'7" bed...what exactly are you getting in the bed ahead of the wheel well.

I usually have a chain laying in the one at the rear...with RamBox it would be in the box out of site.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
I don’t think the divider is included, I recently purchased a 2019 Rebel with RamBox, when I mentioned the divider to the salesman he thought the 19’s didn’t come with them and that none of the other trucks in inventory had them either. I believe you need the BUG option to get the dividers.

My 2019 Ram Limited came with it, but wasn’t with the truck as it was misplaced or stolen, so the dealer ordered one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rototerrier

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram Limited came with it, but wasn’t with the truck as it was misplaced or stolen, so the dealer ordered one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny, because my dealer said they stopped ordering trucks with BUG's because all the dividers would come up missing. Not sure if employees were stealing them or folks would come onto the lots and steal them. Pretty sucky no matter what the reason.

I only got mine because I ordered the truck with it AND they managed to hang onto it by the time I took delivery. They said they had to order several replacements for people and finally just stopped ordering new inventory trucks with them to alleviate the hassle. And, my dealer isn't necessarily in a bad area. Not some place you'd suspect having that kind of crime.

Pritch

Reaction score
Thanks, but now I have to ask, what is the BUG? Is there a FAQ or the like?

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know mine will come with it .. or else they get to keep the truck when it arrives LOL

Users who are viewing this thread