5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blank Screen on Brand New Ram

No name

Reaction score
Brand new $45k Ram, screen went blank on the 15 mile drive home from the dealership tonight and has never come back on. It has 27 miles on it (!!!) Very upset, any advice?

Autoplay

Reaction score
Did you accidentally push the “volume” knob? If so,push on it again.

SynAckuL

Reaction score
I had a similar issue today. I thought my brand new Rebel had a screen issue, but then I realized it had started raining (or in your case, maybe getting dark), and the headlights had come on. When the lights come on, the radio and dash lights get dimmed to whatever the dimmer dial is set at. In my case, the dial was all the way off (down).

I surmised that when they detailed my car at the dealership, they accidentally adjusted the dial. The screen was indeed on, it was just so dimmed I couldn't see it. Adjusting the dial made the screen viewable again.

User error on my part!

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Definitely try the two suggestions above first. If still a no go then unfortunately will have to take back to the dealer. Let us know what the fix turns out to be. Separately.....

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread